User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Has anyone experienced telepathy before?

When i was in my late teens i had a period where i worked on my empathic nature and actually with practice became highly telepathic (see what a person is thinking, feeling, seeing in there head) but then the ability faded as i neglected it. Has anyone ever experienced something similar to this before?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Not here. I have problems sometimes understanding whot people are thinking even when they directly tell me XD

True telepathy's a long way off probably, however, it's more than possible to train oneself to become empathic to great extent, and pick up on subtle cues and clues with the person's behaviour and such, that yeu can actually get a very good idea of whot they're thinking, almost to the point that it may as well be telepathy. It's a common trait among many street performing magicians, as it looks pretty much like magic, despite that it really isn't. Oddly not as highly prized in police interrogations as one may think, as they're less interested about knowing whot the person's thinking, and far more interested in trying to force them to say their thoughts aloud to be recorded.

In any case, I can see yeu having such an innate talent for this kind of thing, but I myself have never experienced such. I'm not even remotely empathic, despite knowing at least one individual who is highly so.

And for referance, I tried to go with telekinesis too, had a spoon sitting next to my bed for... months or years... it never did bend though >.>;

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I used to be able to shoot fireballs from my hands.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    I

I thought telepathy involved moving things with your mind.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I thought telepathy involved moving things with your mind.
    That's telekenesis.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

yes, with people I'm extremely close to. but more empath than telepath. I pick up on feelings, that's the only way I know how to explain it. And sometimes I sense that something is happening/will happen in weird, vague ways.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^^No that would be telekinesis. Telepathy is the reading of other peoples thoughts and sending your own into their mind.

I dunno if it counts, but I get sometimes flashes, images, visions if you will at times when other people are looking at me, of the way they perceive me, or how they appear to be dealing with something. Dunno what causes it, whether it's imagination, logical deduction or something else.

+1 on the empathy and the hunch thing.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP

Well for the highly empathic people ill give a telepathy lesson. I learned telepathy by looking into peoples eyes. Without even thinking i would look into the center dark part of there eye and fall into there consciousness like i was merging with it. Then i would see everything they were picturing in there mind and thinking and feeling. I usually picked people who were daydreaming and i could see there eyes well. I could usually see what they were picturing and it was always surprising when i picked it up because it showed me a aspect of there personality i would have never perceived if i wouldn't have looked into there mind. Its something you definitely learn through practice and it takes believing you can do it, that its a hidden talent that you just have to tap into. How i learned what i was seeing was right was when i picked random skeptics who were close to test it on and i shocked them pretty bad when i got what they were thinking/picturing right. I ended up stopping though because it was giving me a lot of negative attention in my small town due to rumors. People practically started to believe i was demon possesses or some weird #@%^. Maybe some of you can practice doing what i said and give me some of the results you get. It took me about 3-5 months of practice to become good at it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrator View Post
    When i was in my late teens i had a period where i worked on my empathic nature and actually with practice became highly telepathic (see what a person is thinking, feeling, seeing in there head) but then the ability faded as i neglected it.
    Interesting. Did you lose your ability around the same time you started taking medication for schizophrenia?

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    I used to be able to shoot fireballs from my hands. ass
    Fixed
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

That's called intuition; there's nothing telepathic about it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?