• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has anyone experienced telepathy before?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Yes. It's like the Birthday Paradox. Some events seem highly unlikely but when you crunch the numbers they are in fact - and counter-intuitively - fairly likely. The chances of two friends thinking about each other (and one picking up the phone) are actually very high. This applies to the vast majority of such happenings.

Birthday problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
That's called intuition; there's nothing telepathic about it.

I agree with this with some empathy added maybe. Like how mothers are so attuned to their baby's needs that they can tell the difference between cries and predict when they are about to drop a poo bomb.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I've experienced these situations as well, but don't see it as telepathy.

I've often been able to trace these situations to more logical explanations. For example. When I've met a certain person, or spoke to a certain person at a certain time of the day, I usually seem to think about that person the next day around the same time. Like a biological clock. There's fresh memory referance that relates the time of the day with certain events, and sometimes people. If they have that same reference fresh in their mind. It is not illogical to think both people will think about each other at the same time.

And that's possible just one of many possible explanations.

Other people would call it telepathy. I'll remain skeptical however. :p
You missed the Trombones' irony.
But then I see you are Dutch ..

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You missed the Trombones' irony.
But then I see you are Dutch ..

The thought crossed my mind wether or not he was sarcastic. But since I wasn't sure I chose to take him serious in a most non-offending way. Safe is safe. :p

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
The thought crossed my mind wether or not he was sarcastic. But since I wasn't sure I chose to take him serious in a most non-offending way. Safe is safe. :p
Never choose. Either you know the facts or you do not know them.

If you know the facts you do not need to choose.
If you do not know the facts it is unwise to choose.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never choose. Either you know the facts or you do not know them.

If you know the facts you do not need to choose.
If you do not know the facts it is unwise to choose.

I'm already not that talkative to begin with, but with that in mind I'd never open my mouth again regarding other peoples thoughts and minds. As it is something I can never be sure of. :(