• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has anyone experienced telepathy before?

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
When i was in my late teens i had a period where i worked on my empathic nature and actually with practice became highly telepathic (see what a person is thinking, feeling, seeing in there head) but then the ability faded as i neglected it. Has anyone ever experienced something similar to this before?

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Not here. I have problems sometimes understanding whot people are thinking even when they directly tell me XD

True telepathy's a long way off probably, however, it's more than possible to train oneself to become empathic to great extent, and pick up on subtle cues and clues with the person's behaviour and such, that yeu can actually get a very good idea of whot they're thinking, almost to the point that it may as well be telepathy. It's a common trait among many street performing magicians, as it looks pretty much like magic, despite that it really isn't. Oddly not as highly prized in police interrogations as one may think, as they're less interested about knowing whot the person's thinking, and far more interested in trying to force them to say their thoughts aloud to be recorded.

In any case, I can see yeu having such an innate talent for this kind of thing, but I myself have never experienced such. I'm not even remotely empathic, despite knowing at least one individual who is highly so.

And for referance, I tried to go with telekinesis too, had a spoon sitting next to my bed for... months or years... it never did bend though >.>;

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I used to be able to shoot fireballs from my hands.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I thought telepathy involved moving things with your mind.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes, with people I'm extremely close to. but more empath than telepath. I pick up on feelings, that's the only way I know how to explain it. And sometimes I sense that something is happening/will happen in weird, vague ways.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^No that would be telekinesis. Telepathy is the reading of other peoples thoughts and sending your own into their mind.

I dunno if it counts, but I get sometimes flashes, images, visions if you will at times when other people are looking at me, of the way they perceive me, or how they appear to be dealing with something. Dunno what causes it, whether it's imagination, logical deduction or something else.

+1 on the empathy and the hunch thing.

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well for the highly empathic people ill give a telepathy lesson. I learned telepathy by looking into peoples eyes. Without even thinking i would look into the center dark part of there eye and fall into there consciousness like i was merging with it. Then i would see everything they were picturing in there mind and thinking and feeling. I usually picked people who were daydreaming and i could see there eyes well. I could usually see what they were picturing and it was always surprising when i picked it up because it showed me a aspect of there personality i would have never perceived if i wouldn't have looked into there mind. Its something you definitely learn through practice and it takes believing you can do it, that its a hidden talent that you just have to tap into. How i learned what i was seeing was right was when i picked random skeptics who were close to test it on and i shocked them pretty bad when i got what they were thinking/picturing right. I ended up stopping though because it was giving me a lot of negative attention in my small town due to rumors. People practically started to believe i was demon possesses or some weird #@%^. Maybe some of you can practice doing what i said and give me some of the results you get. It took me about 3-5 months of practice to become good at it.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
When i was in my late teens i had a period where i worked on my empathic nature and actually with practice became highly telepathic (see what a person is thinking, feeling, seeing in there head) but then the ability faded as i neglected it.

Interesting. Did you lose your ability around the same time you started taking medication for schizophrenia?

I used to be able to shoot fireballs from my hands. ass

Fixed

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's called intuition; there's nothing telepathic about it.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I don't believe that I've ever experienced telepathy. I can sense feelings, sometimes from distances. I know odd things. When my friend was pregnant with her second child, she kept calling the baby "he." I said, "Why do you say 'he'?" She said that she called all babies "he" before they were born. I said, "This baby is your daughter." And she was. When my friend was pregnant with her third child, she called the baby "he," and I didn't say anything because I know that the baby was a boy. And , sure enough, she had a son.

yes, with people I'm extremely close to. but more empath than telepath. I pick up on feelings, that's the only way I know how to explain it. And sometimes I sense that something is happening/will happen in weird, vague ways.

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
Interesting. Did you lose your ability around the same time you started taking medication for schizophrenia?
Fixed

Your pretty funny but your humor doesn't change the fact it actually happened and was accurate.

Ill tell a scenario i did with a skeptic once. I had a person who didn't believe me test to see if i could genuinely do it. What happened was i had him sit down and think about something he experienced but i didn't know about. I looked into his eyes and then what he was thinking came to me like a vision i saw him looking at a girl and had the sense he just came from the bathroom and this girl he liked was walking down the hallway toward him. I could tell by the way he was examining her that he had a major crush on her. So i said exactly every detail of what i experienced he was thinking and when i barely even started he got all shocked and was like oh wow backing up. He never questioned my ability or talked bad about me after that he was fully supportive of it.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Don't bother trying to explain it to the skeptics, they don't want to understand or even entertain the idea. These types of things are often thrown in with fairies and mermaids in the mainstream community.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tj5M9sxZqM"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tj5M9sxZqM"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
I'm actually adept at telekinesis if you want to see me in action send PM (OP ONLY)
What first got me thinking about TK seriously was the invention called the Egely Wheel. AKA the Vitality Meter.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af-4tZECBZg"][YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af-4tZECBZg"][/YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

and I've also done warm forming once, ever. but I took a photo of the fork I bent, of course it isn't going to convince a skeptic that it wasn't physically bent, but it is what it is. When it happened my hand felt warm, I placed the tip of my index finger on the fork and it bent over feeling like it was made of butter.
picture.php

YouTube - An experiment of true Psychokinesis.PART-1/3「念写・スプーン曲げ ・清田益明」
This one is called a true experiment of psychokinesis, and they use a infrared camera when he is warm forming, you can obviously see he wasn't using physical force or trickery.
As for the thoughtography, I have no clue I never heard of it until I saw this video, still pretty skeptical about that can't help it, yea yea you probably wouldn't expect someone like me to NOT believe in anything that seems insane by now. But he reportedly tried to produce photos from impossible angles and locations to prove it wasn't a trick.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't bother trying to explain it to the skeptics, they don't want to understand or even entertain the idea. These types of things are often thrown in with fairies and mermaids in the mainstream community.

Are you dissing fairies and mermaids now? :steam:

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, I often know what people are thinking and feeling, or immediately sense/know information about people and events that I don't recall being told. I used to consider it "prophetic," and post-Christianity I wondered if I was "psychic," but now I don't attribute any spirituality to it at all. It's just ... something that happens, and I try to use it to help people when I can. I don't understand it, and don't try to explain it. I just go with it, because it's usually accurate. I assume we are just super good at reading others' feelings and intentions, and also maybe recalling bits of information we don't remember we've previously picked up.

Sometimes I have to work to ignore it or shut it off, though. It's exhausting. I often go into the grocery store with my ipod to purposely shut out people and their feelings.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have actually...not in any big deal sort of way but i used to make my dad play the guess what i'm thinking game...with cards and was right a lot. and have a few dreadful phone calls out of the blue and knew exactly what they were.

so...just things like that...like knowing what someone was about to say...even if it was unexpected...like when is your birthday? and thinking in my head that they would say january and then they would...so....totally not big deal things...but yeah lil bit.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
No, I'm afraid I've never had a schizophrenic break before. And I'm pretty sure that is what 'Telepathy' really is, anyway, hearing voices that you think are from the people around you in your head.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea I have experienced this type of thing before but not to this extent probably because I have never devoted much time or attention to it. I find it fascinating though! Excellent skill to have no matter what you want to label it as... Yes even schizophrenia Ed LOLOLOL.... Weren't like loads of geniuses crazy and stuff.... Not calling you crazy though!!!!!!!!! Interresting post!!! And the telekin stuff sounds awesome.. I had a really strange experience with this the other day!! It was weird ... but am going to stop now before the rationality police come for me :D:D:D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pm me the details wild...i love that sort of thing...and never cared much about rationality. :smile: