User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrator View Post
    When i was in my late teens i had a period where i worked on my empathic nature and actually with practice became highly telepathic (see what a person is thinking, feeling, seeing in there head) but then the ability faded as i neglected it. Has anyone ever experienced something similar to this before?
    Sometimes I think of someone right before the phone rings... and it's them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    hey i do that too
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    Yes, I often know what people are thinking and feeling, or immediately sense/know information about people and events that I don't recall being told. I used to consider it "prophetic," and post-Christianity I wondered if I was "psychic," but now I don't attribute any spirituality to it at all. It's just ... something that happens, and I try to use it to help people when I can. I don't understand it, and don't try to explain it. I just go with it, because it's usually accurate. I assume we are just super good at reading others' feelings and intentions, and also maybe recalling bits of information we don't remember we've previously picked up.

Sometimes I have to work to ignore it or shut it off, though. It's exhausting. I often go into the grocery store with my ipod to purposely shut out people and their feelings.
    I never experienced it like that before that seems pretty strong the only time i can see it is if i look in a persons eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewitter27 View Post
    No, I'm afraid I've never had a schizophrenic break before. And I'm pretty sure that is what 'Telepathy' really is, anyway, hearing voices that you think are from the people around you in your head.
    lol most people think telepathy is hearing it audible it really isn't like that at all. Its like you perceive what they perceive entirely. Most of it is accompanied by a feeling of absolute certainty like your brain doesn't question what it received as being true or false information. In reality there's nothing audible at all its more feeling based and like seeing a vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ive had experiences similar to that. It reminds me of a experiment done with Dogs that would sit next to the door at around the time the owner would leave there workplace and wait for them. So they did a experiment where they installed a video camera and had the owner leaves during different parts of the day at random. Sure enough the dogs had the same reactions for the other times they left.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.derekrhode.com/MiscHosting/Pics/151645.png[/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

in my experience, a person's train of thought is two basic things. One, the data they receive. This includes internal and external data. Two, their means of interpreting that data: integrating it, associating it with other data, providing themselves an avenue to experience it, basically. This is an oversimplification, but whatever.

as a separate person, it's completely possible to observe at least a part of what data someone is receiving, merely by knowing what stimuli exists, or what stimuli may exist. Then, you look for clues which either confirm or deny your understanding of how that data is interpreted, and build a better picture. With a good enough picture, you can even begin predicting mental stimuli which arises independently, despite it having no immediate real world indication, just by understanding its context. Then, you can gauge your own accuracy by how this stimuli incites further action in the observable world, matching that action up with your understanding of the mnemonic and associative cues native to whoever is performing it. Does such and such train of thought lead to x, y, z action? Etc. etc.....

I don't experience peoples' entire trains of thought by doing this. I experience individual factors which contribute to trains of thought, and then, if they are coherent, knowing the train of thought naturally follows. It might look paranormal to somebody who has no clue what it is, but once you have an understanding of how the whole thing works, it's just a matter of filling in blanks and is incredibly simple.

I've been doing this reliably and verifiably for something like three or four years.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

statistics show that there is a higher chance of telepathy working than a pill of asprin saving you from a heart attack. Mind you that the statistics are high enough for those pill pushers to write it on the bottle legally that it might save you from a heart attack.

That phone call thing where you know who's calling is VERY common.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    That phone call thing where you know who's calling is VERY common.
    What is it called if it's no telepathy?
    How can I know previously if somebody is calling without really knowing that they are (an previously agreed appointed is a different thing then)?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    What is it called if it's no telepathy?
    How can I know previously if somebody is calling without really knowing that they are (an previously agreed appointed is a different thing then)?
    Yes, alcea rosea. It is a different thing altogether.
    Telepathy, you see .. it has got the surprise element.

The Gypsies never told me when they were coming. They came every day, though. At diverse times.

Each time, five minutes before the Grandmother (of the Gypsy community that is) arrived, I heard the doorbell ring.
    I opened the door. There was nobody.
    Apart from the Grandmother. She would arrive in five minutes.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I don't understand the concept of telepathy.

My thoughts aren't 'readable'. Things just pop up. Nothing gets layed out. Someone claiming to be able to read minds, would get a headache and waddle in confusion trying to read me.

Knowing what action I'd take in certain situations (guessing my thoughts) is just part of knowing me, and it has nothing to do with reading my mind.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    NICE

On numerous occassions I have been thinking of someone and the phone has rung. It's them!

Given that I'm likely to remember the occassions where this has happened above those where it has not, I can safely say I am telepathic.

Given that such non-occassions are vastly more numerous, it seems perfectly reasonable to put this down to incredible supernatural talents.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    On numerous occassions I have been thinking of someone and the phone has rung. It's them!

Given that I'm likely to remember the occassions where this has happened above those where it has not, I can safely say I am telepathic.

Given that such non-occassions are vastly more numerous, it seems perfectly reasonable to put this down to incredible supernatural talents.
    I've experienced these situations as well, but don't see it as telepathy.

I've often been able to trace these situations to more logical explanations. For example. When I've met a certain person, or spoke to a certain person at a certain time of the day, I usually seem to think about that person the next day around the same time. Like a biological clock. There's fresh memory referance that relates the time of the day with certain events, and sometimes people. If they have that same reference fresh in their mind. It is not illogical to think both people will think about each other at the same time.

And that's possible just one of many possible explanations.

Other people would call it telepathy. I'll remain skeptical however. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf