• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has anyone experienced telepathy before?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
No, I'm afraid I've never had a schizophrenic break before. And I'm pretty sure that is what 'Telepathy' really is, anyway, hearing voices that you think are from the people around you in your head.

Knowing what other people are thinking and feeling does not always mean you're hearing voices. It's often just a sense or impression. I know plenty of mentally healthy people who experience this ability to sense what others are thinking and feeling, and they experience it in varied forms.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
+1

Telepathy is said to often express itself in visions, but auditory forms are not unheard of. Depends on the sense that is best developped, I've been told.

sculpting

Well for the highly empathic people ill give a telepathy lesson. I learned telepathy by looking into peoples eyes. Without even thinking i would look into the center dark part of there eye and fall into there consciousness like i was merging with it. Then i would see everything they were picturing in there mind and thinking and feeling. I usually picked people who were daydreaming and i could see there eyes well. I could usually see what they were picturing and it was always surprising when i picked it up because it showed me a aspect of there personality i would have never perceived if i wouldn't have looked into there mind. Its something you definitely learn through practice and it takes believing you can do it, that its a hidden talent that you just have to tap into. How i learned what i was seeing was right was when i picked random skeptics who were close to test it on and i shocked them pretty bad when i got what they were thinking/picturing right. I ended up stopping though because it was giving me a lot of negative attention in my small town due to rumors. People practically started to believe i was demon possesses or some weird #@%^. Maybe some of you can practice doing what i said and give me some of the results you get. It took me about 3-5 months of practice to become good at it.

Hmm, this is interesting just because I have a hard time maintaining direct eye contact for more than a few seconds-Fi is shy. It makes me feel very exposed and overwhelmed.

I have found I can "guess" exceptionally well given just a few very minute bits of info. Often it is very wrong but often it can be correct. A person will do or say "A", and then I think "B". They will ask "how they hell did you know that?"

I have no idea, it just bubbled up. Maybe-It's like I can take little peices of everything I have learned about them from the past and store in a subconcious library. All of these peices must be stored subconciously. I dont do it on purpose-Ne just makes them stick to me like fuzzy shit sticks to velco. I create big balls of fuzzy-gooey-people-information. Then when presented with a new problem concerning that person, I can reassemble all of those fuzzy peices into a virtual "them" in my mind and predict what the answer might be...?

But this all happens in the goo, downstairs somewhere. The above is a possible explanation. Consciously, at the thinking level, I just "know" things sometimes...Ne pattern recognition/prediction of probibilities of the gooey "them" reconstruction??

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, the closest I've ever gotten to telepathy is saying a word or starting to hum a song that someone else was just thinking about. Does that count? :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I really don't want to know what's going on inside other people's heads any more than I already do. It would be so handy to be able to communicate telepathically, though.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sorryyy :rolli: I forgot you take that unicorn stuff seriously. If it makes you feel better you can call me crackpot.

:D Just joking about, sweety.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I used to be very telepathic back there on Betelgeuse, but since the dominant lifeform there were cars, I havent gotten telepathic with anything else yet on Earth :).

To be serious: I too think its called empathy you're talking about. I got those feelings too, curiously it happened often when I was younger. So I think that maybe a troubled mind can be receptive to having your will imposed, so someone is merely reflecting what you want to hear. That's actually quite dangerous and you should watch what you are doing.

Chloe

I once predicted future, that's similar, right ?
it was like this.... i was 17.... in high school... I skipped school on Wednesday because we had Geography exam... so I stayed home... when I was 18 I used to fall in fuckin' depressions over night when I was home for one day... so out of being lonely home alone I would fall in some teen-depression, so I stayed home also on Thursday, ... which made me even more emo... so I stayed on Friday also home (i actually went out on thurstday but still couldn't go to school, and learn..so I skipped also Friday exam)... anyway, Saturday morning... I woke up round 9 a.m., ... I felt very weird. I sat in dinning room with books... felt kinda... most positive in my life ever. Like some force. Spirit. (I'm not religious!!!!).. so I was like VERY positive... so I called my 2 best friends, in morning with weird wacko "Good morning, I just want to tell you I'm so happy now, I just figured out I have everything I need, so I should use it and stop whining over anything. Life is so beautiful! :enthusiastic:!" they were like "oh?? ok, can I go back to sleep now ?" ... so I felt so good, for 1 hour... then I felt very very sure that something extremely bad will hapen that day., it was very weird feeling...but it was very deep and I was very sure in it. (i NEVER have those, never was paranoid,negative about such things, never even thought bout such stuff before)... and after 1,5 hour of reading Geography with feeling it cant stay this good.... my mom got home... I didn't know even where she was. So she called my sister and me to come and sit, ... and told us (we didn't even know before then my father was sick for real) she was talking to doctor now who told her my dad has cancer and will die in 6 months.
:mellow:so it all happened within 1,5-2 hours. It was more than 4 yrs ago, but i still curse that day, of course.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
When i was in my late teens i had a period where i worked on my empathic nature and actually with practice became highly telepathic (see what a person is thinking, feeling, seeing in there head) but then the ability faded as i neglected it. Has anyone ever experienced something similar to this before?
Sometimes I think of someone right before the phone rings... and it's them.

Sacrator

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, I often know what people are thinking and feeling, or immediately sense/know information about people and events that I don't recall being told. I used to consider it "prophetic," and post-Christianity I wondered if I was "psychic," but now I don't attribute any spirituality to it at all. It's just ... something that happens, and I try to use it to help people when I can. I don't understand it, and don't try to explain it. I just go with it, because it's usually accurate. I assume we are just super good at reading others' feelings and intentions, and also maybe recalling bits of information we don't remember we've previously picked up.

Sometimes I have to work to ignore it or shut it off, though. It's exhausting. I often go into the grocery store with my ipod to purposely shut out people and their feelings.

I never experienced it like that before that seems pretty strong the only time i can see it is if i look in a persons eyes.

No, I'm afraid I've never had a schizophrenic break before. And I'm pretty sure that is what 'Telepathy' really is, anyway, hearing voices that you think are from the people around you in your head.
lol most people think telepathy is hearing it audible it really isn't like that at all. Its like you perceive what they perceive entirely. Most of it is accompanied by a feeling of absolute certainty like your brain doesn't question what it received as being true or false information. In reality there's nothing audible at all its more feeling based and like seeing a vision.
Sometimes I think of someone right before the phone rings... and it's them.

Ive had experiences similar to that. It reminds me of a experiment done with Dogs that would sit next to the door at around the time the owner would leave there workplace and wait for them. So they did a experiment where they installed a video camera and had the owner leaves during different parts of the day at random. Sure enough the dogs had the same reactions for the other times they left.

aphemix

MBTI Type
INTP
in my experience, a person's train of thought is two basic things. One, the data they receive. This includes internal and external data. Two, their means of interpreting that data: integrating it, associating it with other data, providing themselves an avenue to experience it, basically. This is an oversimplification, but whatever.

as a separate person, it's completely possible to observe at least a part of what data someone is receiving, merely by knowing what stimuli exists, or what stimuli may exist. Then, you look for clues which either confirm or deny your understanding of how that data is interpreted, and build a better picture. With a good enough picture, you can even begin predicting mental stimuli which arises independently, despite it having no immediate real world indication, just by understanding its context. Then, you can gauge your own accuracy by how this stimuli incites further action in the observable world, matching that action up with your understanding of the mnemonic and associative cues native to whoever is performing it. Does such and such train of thought lead to x, y, z action? Etc. etc.....

I don't experience peoples' entire trains of thought by doing this. I experience individual factors which contribute to trains of thought, and then, if they are coherent, knowing the train of thought naturally follows. It might look paranormal to somebody who has no clue what it is, but once you have an understanding of how the whole thing works, it's just a matter of filling in blanks and is incredibly simple.

I've been doing this reliably and verifiably for something like three or four years.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
statistics show that there is a higher chance of telepathy working than a pill of asprin saving you from a heart attack. Mind you that the statistics are high enough for those pill pushers to write it on the bottle legally that it might save you from a heart attack. :shock:

That phone call thing where you know who's calling is VERY common.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That phone call thing where you know who's calling is VERY common.

What is it called if it's no telepathy?
How can I know previously if somebody is calling without really knowing that they are (an previously agreed appointed is a different thing then)?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What is it called if it's no telepathy?
How can I know previously if somebody is calling without really knowing that they are (an previously agreed appointed is a different thing then)?
Yes, alcea rosea. It is a different thing altogether.
Telepathy, you see .. it has got the surprise element.

The Gypsies never told me when they were coming. They came every day, though. At diverse times.

Each time, five minutes before the Grandmother (of the Gypsy community that is) arrived, I heard the doorbell ring.
I opened the door. There was nobody.
Apart from the Grandmother. She would arrive in five minutes. :)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't understand the concept of telepathy.

My thoughts aren't 'readable'. Things just pop up. Nothing gets layed out. Someone claiming to be able to read minds, would get a headache and waddle in confusion trying to read me.

Knowing what action I'd take in certain situations (guessing my thoughts) is just part of knowing me, and it has nothing to do with reading my mind.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
On numerous occassions I have been thinking of someone and the phone has rung. It's them!

Given that I'm likely to remember the occassions where this has happened above those where it has not, I can safely say I am telepathic.

Given that such non-occassions are vastly more numerous, it seems perfectly reasonable to put this down to incredible supernatural talents.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On numerous occassions I have been thinking of someone and the phone has rung. It's them!

Given that I'm likely to remember the occassions where this has happened above those where it has not, I can safely say I am telepathic.

Given that such non-occassions are vastly more numerous, it seems perfectly reasonable to put this down to incredible supernatural talents.

I've experienced these situations as well, but don't see it as telepathy.

I've often been able to trace these situations to more logical explanations. For example. When I've met a certain person, or spoke to a certain person at a certain time of the day, I usually seem to think about that person the next day around the same time. Like a biological clock. There's fresh memory referance that relates the time of the day with certain events, and sometimes people. If they have that same reference fresh in their mind. It is not illogical to think both people will think about each other at the same time.

And that's possible just one of many possible explanations.

Other people would call it telepathy. I'll remain skeptical however. :p