• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you a "Difficult Person"?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
^This interaction is very fitting to the thread. :)

I agree.

And I'm trying very hard not to explode right now. ;)

Edit:

I don't always do this, but Heart seems like someone worth getting to know.

I sent a message to her in an attempt to make peace. I really hope she accepts.

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sometimes this...

Unresponsives

Withdraw from others when frustrated. Stop talking although they appear angry. Wash hands of decision rather than try to influence it. Don't like to rush into action without understanding the background and the details of a project.

Positive intent: "Get it right"

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
This stuff worries me. I heard it on the radio a few weeks back, and my first thought was that it might be one of the most unproductive things I've ever heard proposed as helpful. I'll still join in for play time :), but I know a few people will take it seriously, and that is a little scary. A person who follows a list of arbitrary things that someone decides are deadly sins is as difficult to deal with as any of the ones on the list. And some are normal traits and not a sign of any problem, just conflict between the writer's personality and the trait they are describing. Maybe it works for those who need the world to change for them, but accepting diversity, adapting, letting people be who they are without feeling guilt for it, come a lot higher on my list.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Hey guys,

Victor was unavailable for comment so he sent his thoughts on this topic through me.

He wanted you all to know that you're delusional children with zero emotional depth and big holes where your souls oughtta be...

Where's your scientific proof that Sherman Tanks exist???????? CLEARLY THIS SYSTEM IS USELESS

Official Madmin Hat:

You're trolling Victor. Cut it out.

Thanks.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
This assortment of difficult behaviors mostly seem like a collection of tools to demonize people, making it unnecessary to handle problems with them.

How? These descriptions of difficult behaviors lack much depth besides "bad is bad" and "some people are bad to the point of being demons".

See, when the label of a demon has been put of a person, they don't need to be talked with - see, they're demons.

It solves the issues of right and wrong, too. The one who was found out to be a demon is wrong.

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You seem to like the idea of people being "bad" in so many ways.

It mostly looks like you would be gathering tools to demonize people at a whim, making it unnecessary to handle your problems with them.

See, when the label of a demon has been put of a person, they don't need to be talked with - see, they're demons.

It solves the issues of right and wrong, too. The one who was found out to be a demon is wrong.

If there's some more constructive use in mind for all of this, would you mind sharing it with me, unless it's another "thread derail" for you?

That is, anything but accepting your initial thoughts of the subject.

Was this question directed at me?

If so, I have nothing to say about it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Of course, what is discussion for if one can just say their thing and stop further discussion. At least if it's not going your way.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Nice chart from that link, I downloaded it. Can't say I relate to any of them, the worst are the last two.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok, I better speak up on my difficulties. Actually It was a useful exercise to study how these fit for me.

Which of these, if any, do you relate to the most? :
Sherman Tanks

Pushy, abrupt, and even hostile. Attack until others move out of the way or accept their view of the world. Aggravated by too much discussion or friendly chat.

Positive intent: "Get it done"

I relate to this somewhat. Bad thing, I'd say.

Snipers

Hide in crowds. Use jokes and sarcasm to sidetrack, humiliate, and embarrass people. May roll eyes to distract you. Can become tanks if exposed. Friendly snipers use humor to get attention from the group.

Positive intent: "Get it done" and "Get appreciated"

I kind of resent this style. I try to keep it to minimum, but I do it sometimes. Shame on me. It's not a proud way to do things.

Know-it-all Experts

Extremely confident in their abilities. Very accurate and thorough. Tend to ignore other opinions. Quick to criticize and pick at others. Don't like to be contradicted.

Sadly, I somewhat identify at this. I try to keep it in balance. I guess I've learned more about what I don't know in the last few years, but I still often feel I'm right. Perhaps this is my main difficulty from the items in this list.

Anyways, no person is a perfect fit with any of those. I'm not, you're not, nobody else is either. Given the hostile tone of the descriptions, I'm not sure if pigeonholing or "problem typology" or anything of the sort is doing much good. I'm nearest to some problems in the list, and others are too, but it doesn't mean I am one of those descriptions, just like no-one else isn't.

This list has the same problems as typology in general.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Sherman Tanks

Pushy, abrupt, and even hostile. Attack until others move out of the way or accept their view of the world. Aggravated by too much discussion or friendly chat.

This is the one, this is me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a cross between a Think-They-Know-It-All and an Exploder.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an exploder, and a think I know it all (which I do;)), but seriously, I've been everything on that list at some stage or another....when you think about it, who hasn't been really?
Also, all of the above, have extremely positive traits when drawn out of their negative mode of operation.
It is rather apt that I should came back and see this thread now.

Last edited:

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm unresponsive and indecisive.

When faced with negativists/complainers I tend to become a sniper. Sometimes. I find people who complain excessively really really annoying.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey guys,

Victor was unavailable for comment so he sent his thoughts on this topic through me.

He wanted you all to know that you're delusional children with zero emotional depth and big holes where your souls oughtta be...

Where's your scientific proof that Sherman Tanks exist???????? CLEARLY THIS SYSTEM IS USELESS
= sniper.

a pretty tacky one at that.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Think-They-Know-It-All and Friendly Sniper

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Unresponsive sniper.

tf2sniper.jpg

redacted

My mom likes to say I was an extremely low maintenance but extremely difficult child.

I'm probably a mix of super-agreeable, indecisive, and unresponsive, with a bit of know-it-all expert thrown in.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Odd definitions. I don't seem to really fit under any of them very well, and yet I consider myself difficult to get along with at times.

Not because I'm actively difficult, but moreso because I don't react well to any of these and often cause problems due to it. And have a very tasteless sense of humour, which I employ at every opportunity, regardless of how inappropriate it may be given the circumstances. Oh and I like verbal jousting on a great deal of topics. Truthful and blunt to the point of driving some people nuts if they don't know how to handle such, and I dunno... I just see alot of things about myself that I would THINK would make it difficult to put up with me.

And yet I'm not on that list >.>

Strange, quite muchly so.