First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ^This interaction is very fitting to the thread.
    I agree.

And I'm trying very hard not to explode right now.

Edit:

I don't always do this, but Heart seems like someone worth getting to know.

I sent a message to her in an attempt to make peace. I really hope she accepts.
    Last edited by Wonkavision; 08-22-2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: additional remarks

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

sometimes this...

Unresponsives

Withdraw from others when frustrated. Stop talking although they appear angry. Wash hands of decision rather than try to influence it. Don't like to rush into action without understanding the background and the details of a project.

Positive intent: "Get it right"
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

This stuff worries me. I heard it on the radio a few weeks back, and my first thought was that it might be one of the most unproductive things I've ever heard proposed as helpful. I'll still join in for play time , but I know a few people will take it seriously, and that is a little scary. A person who follows a list of arbitrary things that someone decides are deadly sins is as difficult to deal with as any of the ones on the list. And some are normal traits and not a sign of any problem, just conflict between the writer's personality and the trait they are describing. Maybe it works for those who need the world to change for them, but accepting diversity, adapting, letting people be who they are without feeling guilt for it, come a lot higher on my list.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Hey guys,

Victor was unavailable for comment so he sent his thoughts on this topic through me.

He wanted you all to know that you're delusional children with zero emotional depth and big holes where your souls oughtta be...

Where's your scientific proof that Sherman Tanks exist???????? CLEARLY THIS SYSTEM IS USELESS
    Official Madmin Hat:

You're trolling Victor. Cut it out.

Thanks.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

This assortment of difficult behaviors mostly seem like a collection of tools to demonize people, making it unnecessary to handle problems with them.

How? These descriptions of difficult behaviors lack much depth besides "bad is bad" and "some people are bad to the point of being demons".

See, when the label of a demon has been put of a person, they don't need to be talked with - see, they're demons.

It solves the issues of right and wrong, too. The one who was found out to be a demon is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    You seem to like the idea of people being "bad" in so many ways.

It mostly looks like you would be gathering tools to demonize people at a whim, making it unnecessary to handle your problems with them.

See, when the label of a demon has been put of a person, they don't need to be talked with - see, they're demons.

It solves the issues of right and wrong, too. The one who was found out to be a demon is wrong.

If there's some more constructive use in mind for all of this, would you mind sharing it with me, unless it's another "thread derail" for you?

That is, anything but accepting your initial thoughts of the subject.
    Was this question directed at me?

If so, I have nothing to say about it.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Of course, what is discussion for if one can just say their thing and stop further discussion. At least if it's not going your way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Nice chart from that link, I downloaded it. Can't say I relate to any of them, the worst are the last two.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Ok, I better speak up on my difficulties. Actually It was a useful exercise to study how these fit for me.

Which of these, if any, do you relate to the most? :
    Sherman Tanks

Pushy, abrupt, and even hostile. Attack until others move out of the way or accept their view of the world. Aggravated by too much discussion or friendly chat.

Positive intent: "Get it done"

I relate to this somewhat. Bad thing, I'd say.

Snipers

Hide in crowds. Use jokes and sarcasm to sidetrack, humiliate, and embarrass people. May roll eyes to distract you. Can become tanks if exposed. Friendly snipers use humor to get attention from the group.

Positive intent: "Get it done" and "Get appreciated"

I kind of resent this style. I try to keep it to minimum, but I do it sometimes. Shame on me. It's not a proud way to do things.

Know-it-all Experts

Extremely confident in their abilities. Very accurate and thorough. Tend to ignore other opinions. Quick to criticize and pick at others. Don't like to be contradicted.

Sadly, I somewhat identify at this. I try to keep it in balance. I guess I've learned more about what I don't know in the last few years, but I still often feel I'm right. Perhaps this is my main difficulty from the items in this list.

Anyways, no person is a perfect fit with any of those. I'm not, you're not, nobody else is either. Given the hostile tone of the descriptions, I'm not sure if pigeonholing or "problem typology" or anything of the sort is doing much good. I'm nearest to some problems in the list, and others are too, but it doesn't mean I am one of those descriptions, just like no-one else isn't.

This list has the same problems as typology in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Sherman Tanks

Pushy, abrupt, and even hostile. Attack until others move out of the way or accept their view of the world. Aggravated by too much discussion or friendly chat.

This is the one, this is me.