• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where can you find the Alphas?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For intellectual debate or drunken escapades?

Actually lets do both. ;)

That's totally Alpha, you can see why we're on top. This is what makes socionics good :D

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Actually why implies the greek letter Alpha actually being on the top ? I mean in the number system a grade of 1 is better than a grade of 6 in school, but 10 million bucks are better than 1 buck.

With that said the omega particle from startrek, with omega being the last letter in the alphabet, is prolly the most complex, pure and harmonical element ever discovered. So highly unstable that it will explode in nanoseconds, destroying everything in its reach and damaging subspace irrevocably.

Doesn't that mean in the context that the Alpha particle would be the dumbest of em all ?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Yes ! And someone say again ESFJs dont got the spirit ! :D

We have the spirit, some just don't give us a chance and quickly write us off. More fool them. :devil:

That's totally Alpha, you can see why we're on top. This is what makes socionics good :D

I love socionic's. Not only does EIE sound better than ESFJ, but i also on top for once.

Doesn't that mean in the context that the Alpha particle would be the dumbest of em all ?

That is irrelevant. Let us enjoy our moment. :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So then the alpha male of the pack is actually the least dominant wolf? It wouldn't make any sense to call it the omega wolf (although that actually sounds kind of cool). There would have had to have been 23 prior wolves before hand, half the packs don't even get to that size. Alpha always comes first, you never cheer someone who came 24th in the olympics, in most events, there is rarely ever more than about 10 athletes competing. The alpha particle is the most ionizing particle around, the only reason it doesn't kill anyone is because they don't make it very far (ie. conversations move on quickly). But that means that nobody gets hurt. I think you'll find that more bitching and killing goes on in the beta and gamma Quadras, and the delta... well, they don't last very long and are just obtuse, nobody wants a delta baryon for breakfast. Alpha owns and you know it :harhar:

wolfy

awsm
Alpha's SEI doesn't translate to ISFJ very well in my experience, a lot of ISFJs that I know are Gamma (and a lot like me, since they're my identical). Every ISFP I've interacted with has been an SEI.

For some reason it seems more common for sensors to not change around their letters when translating, but nothing is definite translation wise, and you need to remember that.

Yeah, I've studied it a bit and SEI fits best.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So then the alpha male of the pack is actually the least dominant wolf? It wouldn't make any sense to call it the omega wolf (although that actually sounds kind of cool). There would have had to have been 23 prior wolves before hand, half the packs don't even get to that size. Alpha always comes first, you never cheer someone who came 24th in the olympics, in most events, there is rarely ever more than about 10 athletes competing. The alpha particle is the most ionizing particle around, the only reason it doesn't kill anyone is because they don't make it very far (ie. conversations move on quickly). But that means that nobody gets hurt. I think you'll find that more bitching and killing goes on in the beta and gamma Quadras, and the delta... well, they don't last very long and are just obtuse, nobody wants a delta baryon for breakfast. Alpha owns and you know it :harhar:

:D Then again the 24th element of the periodic table is Chromium. And I mean, who doesnt want that ? It's a necessity in daily life ! For example for new chromium rims for your car or for ... for ... for making the left half of your face looking more cool in public.

Chromium ! I tell you, not only the Omega but the Alpha aswell :D

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
:D Then again the 24th element of the periodic table is Chromium. And I mean, who doesnt want that ? It's a necessity in daily life ! For example for new chromium rims for your car or for ... for ... for making the left half of your face looking more cool in public.

That sounds like Chrome... do they actually put Chromium in Chrome?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hydrogen is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR more important than Chromium, we wouldn't have chromium if it wasn't for hydrogen. Chromium was 'invented' by fusion in the sun, fusion of stripped hydrogen atoms... blah blah blah *SUPER NOVA* ====> Chromium. Without hydrogen, chromium wouldn't exist.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
All about Alpha Quadra: Alpha Quadra - Wikisocion

A sampling:

Alphas try to create a comfortable and pleasant group atmosphere, in the emotional, sensorial, and intellectual aspects. An ideal Alpha group situation is the exchange of light-hearted jokes while discussing novel concepts, all while enjoying pleasant food and drink. Narrating personal experiences usually takes the form of telling a joke; funny and unusual personal experiences are preferred over serious and banal ones. Overly boring or repetitive activities are minimized as much as possible; Alphas prefer activities that require creativity and have lots of potential for personal development. They avoid generating "heavy" moments; any dramatic expressions are limited in time, most often in service of a joke. Alphas are also perhaps the most likely types to participate in use of mind-altering substances.

Alpha discussions tend to go off on tangents, in whatever direction seems most interesting at the moment. Unusual personal observations are common, resulting from the analysis of the idiosyncrasies or inconsistencies of everyday life. If many in the group share the same observations, they are likely to express their agreement emphatically, so as to create a kind of mental harmony which enhances the group dynamic. If a new problem is encountered, it is discussed and developed until some kind of satisfactory conclusion is reached.

Alphas make no distinction between "insiders" and "outsiders", easily drawing people into a conversation once it has begun — though they tend to just as easily withdraw if the person is not receptive. Likewise, they prefer to have the same behavior at work as at play; they find formal speech and dress to be unnecessarily limiting, and it is a common object of ridicule. Alphas dislike the idea that there are alterior motives going on "behind the scenes", preferring to keep things as open and straightforward as possible.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
participate in use of mind-altering substances.

This is probably the biggest hint, if you want to find them, jump into the nearest alcohol filled university bar.

Not sure why you felt the need to post that, there were plenty of links back there, including one that is exactly the same :) Is it just that not many people are aware of the Socionics Quadras? I certainly expected a lot of people to know :thinking: