• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Being interesting / interested

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What you value and why? how? when? Explain in detail.

I'm seeing it might occasionally be advantageous to be either way.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Do you mean what do we find interesting about people? Or do we value interesting people, and what makes them valuable??

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Do you mean what do we find interesting about people? Or do we value interesting people, and what makes them valuable??

LOL--you're such a people person, Kyuuei. ;):D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm interested of both sides.

Being interested is being entertained.

Being interesting is entertaining someone.

Jaguar

I'm interested in interesting people who are interested in interesting people's interests.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
I've noticed I'm very not interesting. That is to most of the people I come across.

How is it that one becomes interesting and entertaining?:huh:

Jaguar

^ Lol. Hey Lauren, I just read your location. Where exactly in your head are you? :D

P

Phantonym

My interest in other people is mostly dependent on their interest in me. This entails both: being interested and interesting from both sides.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Confused... aren't most people interesting? Like I'm not sure what makes someone interesting?

revolve

well if we're talkin' people, - then i find people interesting who are full of contradictions . . . maybe i'm not saying it right . . . i guess i find unique people interesting & therefore i am very interested in unique people. i guess i am interested in general in whatever catches my eye or my mind's eye & what catches these "eyes" are things i haven't seen before or seen much of or are rare or vibrant or bold or mysterious . . . i could go on & on . . . this is a pretty broad topic not sure what the question is exactly

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What you value and why? how? when? Explain in detail.

I'm seeing it might occasionally be advantageous to be either way.

Being an interesting person interested in an interesting person seems like the way to go. It ensures an exciting and, er, interesting dynamic without a whole bunch of hidden pressure or expectations.

The other thing is that interesting people usually have healthy, full lives. If you catch such a person's attention, you know that it's because they really like what you bring, and not simply because they are settling for lack of any other options.

aphemix

MBTI Type
INTP
for me, being interested in myself and interested in other people is kinda the same thing. The more I know of myself, the more I am capable of identifying with and reciprocating in other people. The more I know of other people, the more I am able to appeal to them, understand my own value, and enrich my own experience. It is a self-propagating cycle. Being exclusive about it ruins it.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I wish this thread was more interesting, but I'm not motivated enought to make it happen myself.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Being intresting is easy, Being intrested not so

that's if you're a dork of course