• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

At home with friends. I/E?

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
When I think about my I/E tendencies, I think about my reclutance to go to my friends's house for a party or a dinner. I don't like it. I become bored easily. I prefer going in a restaurant or a pub, where I can be more distracted and free.
I like staying at home often, but in MY house, alone, doing my things with pc, music, books. With friends or family"reunion" I feel trapped and I hate small-talk. I can do it only if we DO something interesting, as a poker game for example.

I'd like to know how you introverts or extraverts cope with "home parties" and if you like it more or less than hangs out in social public places.
Thanks.

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Never quite understood parties. The only time I tend to gather with more than one person is to do something specific -- watch a movie marathon, go to a restaurant.

If I'm with maybe one other person, we can do whatever seems interesting and that energy allows. Generally it will be quiet.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm usually not a huge fan of home parties. I find them awkward and usually boring after 2-3 hours or so. I'd much rather head to a bar, a restaurant, etc where there is a set activity to do if talking gets boring.

I usually prefer a combination, where the group would meet-up at someone's house and have a good time for an hour or so, and then head out somewhere to have some fun.

Pure house parties aren't too bad, but they get old after the first few hours for me. There's only so much talking I can do with a specific group of people, especially when talking is -all- there is to do. One reason that I like them though, is that they give you a really nice and relaxed atmosphere, where you can just sit back, chill out, and get drunk with some friends (and strangers!).

As for liking to do things at home: I don't like hosting things in my own house. I like my house and my room to be mine, and don't like to have to worry about making it presentable to anyone but me. I also dislike not being able to leave whenever I want to (since it's my place) if I get bored or if the party is dying down. You always get that small group of assholes who overstay their welcome.

Also, I hate smalltalk to. I try to force past it as quick as possible.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
For an introvert, I partied quite a bit in high school and college, but then it began to taper off when it became too routine and not really stimulating anymore. I was mostly around a somewhat NT-friendly crowd though, if I was surrounded by ESTPs the whole time, I wouldn't have been able to do it. I had a lot of fun though.

Occasionally, if you take INTP + drunk + high + people, and you mix that all up, what comes out is a positive experience.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
if I was surrounded by ESTPs the whole time, I wouldn't have been able to do it. I had a lot of fun though.

Yeah...I know what you mean. I hang out with an "ESTP like" crowd, and it can be uncomfortable sometimes. I think people don't care much that I don't completely fit-in with their style though.