• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extroverts, how much nonstop socializing and noise can you take before you break?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Depends on what kind of people I'm socializing with. I can talk with people for a very long time (don't exactly know my record), but only if they're interesting. Most people I know are so boring that I can't even stand talking with them for two minutes.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Depends on what kind of people I'm socializing with. I can talk with people for a very long time (don't exactly know my record), but only if they're interesting. Most people I know are so boring that I can't even stand talking with them for two minutes.

This.

Pretty much, if I enjoy the atmosphere and it's not too constraining in terms of what behaviors I can express, then I can stand a crowd for a good 6 hours or so.

The atmosphere was amazing at my job this summer. Even though I had to work 12 hour days almost, I never felt drained during the workday since the people were so awesome.

If I'm in an uncomfortable crowd, or one that's just blatantly full of loud annoying noise, then I top out after 2-3 hours.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I can extrovert for a few days, up to a week if I really stress it, before I need a break.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've had two evenings at home over the past three weeks. As far as length goes of socializing, three hours usually does it for me if the conversation is difficult. More if there are other activities going on, or unless I'm having a great chat with some girl.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Interesting, the threshold for boredom seems much lower for Ns than SPs when it comes to conversating. I can do smalltalk for quite awhile, unless the person talking just completely focuses everything on their personal experience which others can't really relate to, something technical no one knows about, or isn't entertaining. Usually I can direct a conversation, though.

sculpting

forever with NTs, a wee bit with ENFPs-we exhaust each other. Others an hour or so. I hop from spot to spot.

Funny, left alone for a week I get nutty. I asked my ENTP-could you stay on a boat for three months straight and be happy. She was like "of course". This really suprised me, as i would go insane all alone. I asked again and told her I would go nuts, and she started laughing a whole bunch.

She said "I thought you meant with a whole crew. I had already invented them in my head. We were already drinking and dancing the three months away"

Fiver

MBTI Type
ENTP
I consider myself an E/I person. I love to be alone, but I can never leave a party. I love conferences where you have to be up and going strong at 7:30 a.m.and there are still people at the bar with me until 3 a.m. Back to my room to crash only so I can sustain the frenzy for another 4 days. Would still want to talk the whole way back on the plane, etc. etc. Although I'm perfectly happy to be by myself. I love that too.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
I mean how long can you go with constant chattering (socializing) and noise until you have had enough?

It depends if they have anything interesting to say...most don't. About 4 hours if I can get away from them for a little while. One hour if they're arguing, they're jerks, or the noise is too loud.