User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Fine! Bored.

ThatGirl

Default Fine! Bored.

You tell an insecure person they suck at life, all of a sudden YOU are the enemy.

Is this case, well I don't tend to think so.

Choices, decisions, this is what shape our experiences. Those who dont believe in that?

They seek validation, more so than knowledge.

Yes, drinking.....still, not wrong.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Well, if someone told me I sucked at life, I might get a little bit defensive myself, lol.

Do you basically mean: Why do you get the label of being the enemy if you suggest to an insecure person that they need to take personal responsibility for gaining their own security with themselves rather than expecting it to be handed to them on a silver platter by others?

I've gotten that. I once told someone that I truly believed no one else could really help with her insecurities, that it all rested in finding the path of caring for herself and knowing for herself why she was valid. I also added that I struggled with it myself and knew how hard it can be, but that I believed that the longer we depend on others for validation the longer we'll feel like crap.

She told me I didn't understand and that I was a bitch for being condescending.

Ah well, what can ya do?
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

P.S. I think some people equate "security" with getting to the point they really believe all the nice things other people say about them. I kind of think more security comes when you believe all the nice things you say about yourself (within reason, not becoming an egotistical fat head but just knowing you're worth it and have things to offer).
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

I would say that seeking validation is not, in and of itself, a negative thing.

It depends on the amount or degree of validation-seeking.

I would suspect that everyone desires some amount of validation.

But sometimes people delude themselves into thinking that they don't need any validation, and are therefore superior to the rest of the human race, so they get drunk every night, alone, and rail against things like people needing validation.

And tell people who are already insecure that they "suck at life."

Boy---people like this sure could use some validation.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    I would say that seeking validation is not, in and of itself, a negative thing.

It depends on the amount or degree of validation-seeking.

I would suspect that everyone desires some amount of validation.

But sometimes people delude themselves into thinking that they don't need any validation, and are therefore superior to the rest of the human race, so they get drunk every night, alone, and rail against things like people needing validation.

And tell people who are already insecure that they "suck at life."

Boy---people like this sure could use some validation.
    Yeah, I definitely agree that seeking a certain amount of validation is a very human and normal thing. I just meant those who are crippled by insecurity and dependent on others for constant reassurance.

As for the rest of your comment, I'm so totally staying out. I run fast away in the direction of the fluff zone because I cannot yet discern whether this is friendly ribbing at its finest or an oncoming shit storm...

MBTI
    enfp

When you tell someone "You suck" try saying it more exaggeratedly, so they think its a joke, but later, they probably realize u were actually right. hehe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You tell an insecure person they suck at life, all of a sudden YOU are the enemy.
    Why on earth that insecure people wants to befriends with a person who said that they suck at life? Tell me the reasons. Rational reasons based on facts, please.

Choices, decisions, this is what shape our experiences. Those who dont believe in that?
    If you're 7 years old girl and a guy trying to raped you, what choices or decisions do you have that could change his mind?

They seek validation, more so than knowledge.
    No. They seek encouragement to make them happy and confident to be themselves just the way they are.

Yes, drinking.....still, not wrong.
    Let me guess, are you drinking ALONE?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

People tell me that I suck at life al the time. But I don't care, they suck even better! At least my life isn't normal and clich. I'll have stuff to tell my grandkids when I'm old!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I think you can tell someone they suck in a constructive way. If you doing it just to be bloody mean though, it shows more about yourself than anyone else.

Someone recently told me how much i suck and tried to rip me a new asshole. It hurt and i didn't sleep well because of it even though it showed just how insecure and immature they are. I know its not true but it is easier to walk away with class and grace than have a flaming war with some old hag.

:rolli:
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    Why on earth that insecure people wants to befriends with a person who said that they suck at life? Tell me the reasons. Rational reasons based on facts, please.

If you're 7 years old girl and a guy trying to raped you, what choices or decisions do you have that could change his mind?

No. They seek encouragement to make them happy and confident to be themselves just the way they are.

Let me guess, are you drinking ALONE?

Bless you, Wicked Queen.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!