• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fine! Bored.

T

ThatGirl

You tell an insecure person they suck at life, all of a sudden YOU are the enemy.

Is this case, well I don't tend to think so.

Choices, decisions, this is what shape our experiences. Those who dont believe in that?

They seek validation, more so than knowledge.

Yes, drinking.....still, not wrong.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Well, if someone told me I sucked at life, I might get a little bit defensive myself, lol.

Do you basically mean: Why do you get the label of being the enemy if you suggest to an insecure person that they need to take personal responsibility for gaining their own security with themselves rather than expecting it to be handed to them on a silver platter by others?

I've gotten that. I once told someone that I truly believed no one else could really help with her insecurities, that it all rested in finding the path of caring for herself and knowing for herself why she was valid. I also added that I struggled with it myself and knew how hard it can be, but that I believed that the longer we depend on others for validation the longer we'll feel like crap.

She told me I didn't understand and that I was a bitch for being condescending.

Ah well, what can ya do?

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
P.S. I think some people equate "security" with getting to the point they really believe all the nice things other people say about them. I kind of think more security comes when you believe all the nice things you say about yourself (within reason, not becoming an egotistical fat head but just knowing you're worth it and have things to offer).

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I would say that seeking validation is not, in and of itself, a negative thing.

It depends on the amount or degree of validation-seeking.

I would suspect that everyone desires some amount of validation.

But sometimes people delude themselves into thinking that they don't need any validation, and are therefore superior to the rest of the human race, so they get drunk every night, alone, and rail against things like people needing validation.

And tell people who are already insecure that they "suck at life."

Boy---people like this sure could use some validation.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5

But sometimes people delude themselves into thinking that they don't need any validation, and are therefore superior to the rest of the human race, so they get drunk every night, alone, and rail against things like people needing validation.

Yeah, I definitely agree that seeking a certain amount of validation is a very human and normal thing. I just meant those who are crippled by insecurity and dependent on others for constant reassurance.

As for the rest of your comment, I'm so totally staying out. I run fast away in the direction of the fluff zone because I cannot yet discern whether this is friendly ribbing at its finest or an oncoming shit storm...:D

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
When you tell someone "You suck" try saying it more exaggeratedly, so they think its a joke, but later, they probably realize u were actually right. hehe

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
You tell an insecure person they suck at life, all of a sudden YOU are the enemy.
Why on earth that insecure people wants to befriends with a person who said that they suck at life? Tell me the reasons. Rational reasons based on facts, please.

Choices, decisions, this is what shape our experiences. Those who dont believe in that?
If you're 7 years old girl and a guy trying to raped you, what choices or decisions do you have that could change his mind?

They seek validation, more so than knowledge.
No. They seek encouragement to make them happy and confident to be themselves just the way they are.

Yes, drinking.....still, not wrong.
Let me guess, are you drinking ALONE?

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
People tell me that I suck at life al the time. But I don't care, they suck even better! At least my life isn't normal and cliché. I'll have stuff to tell my grandkids when I'm old!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think you can tell someone they suck in a constructive way. If you doing it just to be bloody mean though, it shows more about yourself than anyone else.

Someone recently told me how much i suck and tried to rip me a new asshole. It hurt and i didn't sleep well because of it even though it showed just how insecure and immature they are. I know its not true but it is easier to walk away with class and grace than have a flaming war with some old hag.

:rolli:

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Why on earth that insecure people wants to befriends with a person who said that they suck at life? Tell me the reasons. Rational reasons based on facts, please.

If you're 7 years old girl and a guy trying to raped you, what choices or decisions do you have that could change his mind?

No. They seek encouragement to make them happy and confident to be themselves just the way they are.

Let me guess, are you drinking ALONE?

Bless you, Wicked Queen.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The amount of how much it would bother me to be told i suck is proprtional to the amount of effort I put into what I suck at.

T

ThatGirl

Well see, this is exactly my point. No one can control, life, others, etc. The only thing we can do, is learn to control our choice of perception in our experiences. From there, decide how we will respond. Not having this understanding, or possibly just a lack of integrity, leads to actions like this:

In which people fail to understand perceptions beyond their own, and attempt to knock others down, in a really REALLY creepy way, in order to even the score. This act is executed for the purpose of validating ugliness rather than being open to pursuits of knowledge.

The pursuit of knowledge requires that one be open to new information and understandings. In this sense, your goal is not to validate. On the contrary, we give up our self centered need to be agreed upon, for the sake of expanded exploration into a world that exists beyond ourself. Some may chose to explore, and therefor not everyone NEEDs the former.

Last edited: