• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you feel after a day in these jobs? Part V, managers

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Hiring new people, promoting occupational development and well-being in the work
I'd love to be involved in summing up the best people for jobs, and getting the most out of it for them and the company.

Deciding on the company's purchasing contracts, inventory and storage
A bit too straight forward organisational. Maybe if it had some creative decision making I'd like it.

Directing the technical research development program in a space technology corporation
Get to have and control the ideas and not have to do the work? It's got ENFP written all over it.

Planning, coordinating and controlling the efficiency of building airplane parts
Making processes more efficient is one I enjoy, planning depends on how interesting it is.

Overseeing the marketing, production and personel as the head of a building company
I would go okay for a day, long term routine and punctuality would start to kill me.

Overseeing a team of construction engineers at the construction site of a large bridge
Could do this. I tend to notice safety flaws, etc. pretty fast, and the technical side. Might spend most of the day bored and chatting to people hence disturbing their work though.

Leading the creative development of a fantasy RPG game and managing a team of artists
Bring it on, this could be really fun. Depending what they are like, managing artists might annoy me though.

Improving border security by detecting smuggling and illegal immigration as the head of a customs office
I'm an ENFP. You don't want me in a job where I have to be hard line and strictly follow laws, because I'll naturally be empathetic, situational and subjective.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I gave them ratings too - 10 is the best, 1 is the worst.

Hiring new people, promoting occupational development and well-being in the work
- No. Not my thing, I wouldn't really be good at this, I'm a blue-collar worker, not really a CEO type. The positive though is less stress and more job security.
Rating: 4.5

- This would be more of my type of job, not in charge of people but in charge of inventory and storage. It could get dull, but I think I would still like it.
Rating: 7.0

Directing the technical research development program in a space technology corporation
- The space technology corporation sounds intriguing, and I guess the directing here could be fun too. Has the potential to be good.
Rating: 6.5

Planning, coordinating and controlling the efficiency of building airplane parts
- This could be a lot of work. I could also see it getting boring over time. Stress from lawsuits and time requirements could also be something to potentially watch out for. Other than that, doesn't seem too bad.
Rating: 5.5

Overseeing the marketing, production and personel as the head of a building company
- Meh, again, I wouldn't really like this kind of job, because it seems I have a lot of responsbility but of course there are perks.
Rating: 5.0

Overseeing a team of construction engineers at the construction site of a large bridge
- This could potentially be really good. I would like the construction engineering aspect of it, and I could see it being very challenging too, but in a good kind of way. Get some fresh air as well.
Rating: 7.0

Leading the creative development of a fantasy RPG game and managing a team of artists
- Ah, once again, a video game job. This one is more artsy than the programming one. Not a real fantasy RPG player and am not very creative either, but I think I would like this job if I know what I'm doing. And if I get to play the games, it would be even better.
Rating: 8.0

Improving border security by detecting smuggling and illegal immigration as the head of a customs office
- Wow, this sounds like a lot of responsibility. Not really a big fan of responsbility. Sounds risky, but definitely interesting. Could potentially get dangerous and always have to be alert. Not too laid back of a job.
Rating: 4.5

There you have it.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This would be somewhat OK, since I have good people skills and the ability to weed out the bastards, cheats, losers and psychos.

No, I don't like this at all. I could do it, and I could be good at it... But it would bore me to death.

I could become quite good at this, and it would be fun. I love space things and I read a lot about FTL travel, astrophysics and stuff. Quite intriguing.

No. Just... No.

Would be bored. Badly.

“I had rather be the first in this village than second in Rome.” - Caesar

I would love this. Definitely the best one in the list. Tonight I will be writing the basic outlines for an adventure for my friends. I'll be the DM :)

I'd be good at this, since I have the mind of a criminal. :devil:

attetude

MBTI Type
xxxx
I would be good, I guess. Well being is one of the most important aspects in work, so...

Blah.. Having to listen too much speeches about one product being the best for us.

If I can try the products out in space, then yes.

This airplane would never fly.

This building would collapse.

This bridge would never last.

A dream job. IF the people developing the game would understand my ideas and weren't idiots who came up with something, and keep it with until I would kill them.

Bribes. Give.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8 hour day.

Hiring new people, promoting occupational development and well-being in the work Sure. I'd like to make sure that previously unemployed people got good-paying jobs. A happy employee is a productive employee.:hug:

Deciding on the company's purchasing contracts, inventory and storageSounds boring, but it could be interesting if I got to go shopping!!!:devil:

Directing the technical research development program in a space technology corporationI'd just say whatever and let the researchers do their work without any interference from me.

Planning, coordinating and controlling the efficiency of building airplane parts If I did that, disaster could strike.

Overseeing the marketing, production and personel as the head of a building companyThat could be fun. No company could have more fun focus groups than mine. Now... what were we supposed to build???

Overseeing a team of construction engineers at the construction site of a large bridgeAm I supposed to date them or ensure that they are working???:devil::wubbie::doh:

Leading the creative development of a fantasy RPG game and managing a team of artistsOooh, yeah. That's fun.

Improving border security by detecting smuggling and illegal immigration as the head of a customs officeI'd rather just welcome the "illegal immigrants" to their new homes with delicious food and a ticket to the closest bullet train and an appointment with a doctor in one of our free health care... oh wait... I forgot what country I live in...
Nope. They'll have to play in traffic... and I'll resign my job and emigrate...
sigh...:nerd:

The whole series:

Part I, simple jobs
Part II, skilled jobs
Part III, associate professionals
Part IV, experts
Part V, managers[/QUOTE]

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ugh... Not for me!
Perhaps...
Oooh, baby! I'm right on it!
Mmm... I'd probably like this!
Bleah... Probably not...
I'd like it.
I'd love to do this! It would be awesome.
"I don't care what you say. We're building a 1000 volt, 5 amp electric fence ALL ACROSS THE BORDER and that's final! Your 'It is hard' and 'it is inhumane' dribble can be cancelled out when I say that these people are COMMITTING A CRIME by coming here in the first place!" That's probably one of the first things I'll say.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP

I recently said in a post somewhere back there that the search for ET was not a productive use of assets in these times. I should make a small correction. Never know when my words will come back around to bite me in the ass.

The planned 2016 trip to Europa is good science. That kind of mission has the power to inspire and set fire to people's imaginations. Sending an autonomous robotic submersible to explore the ocean on an alien moon beneath 20 miles of ice. That kind of plot sells movie tickets. Whether or not we actually find life is not so important. If the mission is sold well to the public it will be driven by peoples curiosity. The planning and preparation for the trip is just as if not more important than the trip itself. Necessity is often the mother invention. The scientists will solve all kinds on new problems to make it happen. It will inspire kids to pay more attention to a math and science. It can also serve to remind the average person why we still need a space program.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Would enjoy hiring new people, but have little interest in HR work/promoting people's well-being in the workplace.

This would be good busy work for me.
It wouldn't mentally set me on fire, but it would keep my brain occupied in the way computer games do at times.

I'd like this, but more for the 'directing' part than the specifics of *what* I'm directing.

Yes pls!

Yes pls.

I have no technical qualifications for this. If I did, then yes, this would be enjoyable for me. The combination of a)leadership position and b)tangible, visible results would combine to make this something I wouldn't mind getting up in the morning for.

I could do this. Oversee the project rather than participate in the specific details of the project. Not sure I'd work well with very 'artistic' temperaments tho. They'd have to be the non-crybaby type.

HELL YES. This would be fun, fun, fun for me. I would get *into* this job.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I'd like this, but more for the 'directing' part than the specifics of *what* I'm directing.

You would like to direct anything? Even the flow of toilet paper to cubicles in the space technology corp building?

I would not want to do this myself. It is a role for someone who has a passion for the work. Someone who can put in endless hours because of their devotion to the cause. Probably a scientist who has worked in the field for a while. This is how you get the best results. Put the best people in roles best suited for them. It can be a role slightly out of a person's reach initially if they have the capacity to grow into that role with relative ease. Force fitting people into roles for which they are not suited at the expense of sidelining more qualified individuals is a recipe for mediocrity. Directing the flow of toilet paper is a messy business.

It may also demoralize the more well suited employees and cause them to leave and seek better opportunities at another company.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
8 hour day.

i would take too long hiring people, don't know what occupational develpment means, but i could be good at developing wellbeing in the workplace

purchasing contracts, no; inventory and storage, yes, i could do this well

absolutely not

i'd rather die in a plane crash

no

maybe if i took a major in engineering

no

most defintiely

I didn't have the time to research this one so well, so excuse me if there are gross errors of fact.

:shock:
:hi::yes:

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Hiring new people, promoting occupational development and well-being in the work I'm not a people person, but I would put mbti to good use.

Deciding on the company's purchasing contracts, inventory and storage pretty easy, but I'd get bored.

Directing the technical research development program in a space technology corporation hmmm

Planning, coordinating and controlling the efficiency of building airplane parts sounds a little fun. innovation always is.

Overseeing the marketing, production and personel as the head of a building company sounds fun I can sit at my desk and drink all day.

Overseeing a team of construction engineers at the construction site of a large bridge nah, more likely to shun the bridge and work on creating flying vehicles.

Leading the creative development of a fantasy RPG game and managing a team of artists sounds decent.

Improving border security by detecting smuggling and illegal immigration as the head of a customs office not my cup of tea.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Hiring new people is difficult, everyone's lying, everyone's biased, trying to pick something that's best for the company (and this can often lead to sexism/racism for shoehorning in minorities with less skill just because they look good publicly even if they're not the best choice...) and so on, I'd have too much guilt on all three aspects of these things because it enforces values which are not my own on people who also don't hold them.

Too much strategic level, not tactical. Beyond the scope of which I can grasp honestly.

I'd be better suited ON the research team, not directing it. Managers just don't have the same skillset as the researchers. As a middlemanager though, trying to explain the concepts the research team has to higher management who's clueless and breaking down the technobabble into coherant thought could be probably done.

More planning! Funny how that goes with management as a whole >.> I'd suck here as much as I imagine the rest would be. Actually I'm going to skip ahead and check each of these rather than answer in turn now.

Would suck at it.

Would suck at this too. I'm also afraid of heights.

Some of this I could actually do due to a vast understanding of game mechanics as a whole and how they interact with one another. Managing a team of artists is alot harder to do though considering they're... ARTISTS, they like to draw whot they want, not whot yeu want them to. I'd be better on the artist side, than on the leading side.

I don't think I'd have even the remotest clue on where to start, especially due to the lack of a budget. Almost all the 'improvements' require... extra monies. Either for more workers, or more defenses, or equipment at checkpoints. I don't see myself being effective at all here.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
sorry if i already answered this...don't want to read all the posts and can't remember if i did

8 hour day.

yes

yes

no, not qualified

not qualified

don't like marketing much

yes but not qualified

no, video gamers are a breed i can't relate to very much. i like them but don't get 'into' it as much as they do. not qualified

never

I didn't have the time to research this one so well, so excuse me if there are gross errors of fact.

The whole series:

Part I, simple jobs
Part II, skilled jobs
Part III, associate professionals
Part IV, experts
Part V, managers

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes to the occupational development and well-being. I think I'd rather have someone else do the hiring.

Tolerable but not that exciting

Sounds interesting

Boring

No, sounds exhausting

No, don't like having to oversee people and I know zero about construction

Yes, sounds fun

No, I'm mostly in favor of more immigration and loosening border security, so this would go against my principles.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This sounds like a good fit, though I'd need a source of guidance for a while at first when it came to hiring.

Tolerable.

Like for a lot of these jobs, I like the projects, but don't want to manage them. I want to contribute a smaller and more straightforward piece to the puzzle. I like having one simple detail that I can polish until it shines.

The stakes in this would be stressful, I imagine, but could be manageable if I was educated well in this.

Too many people to manage, and too many long-term considerations to bring home each day. Like I've said before, I want to be able to sleep when I get home.

Not qualified in the slightest. I can't imagine the details of what it would entail.

Can I be on the team instead of manage it?

I don't want to be involved in policing.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Might possibly be enjoyable. I'd give it a shot.

Sounds tedious and boring.

Too much management.

Please no.

No.

Nooooooooo.

Mmm. I'd rather DO the art.

Awful.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't want to be a manager of anything but myself, so I don't think I'd like anything...

8 hour day.

5/10, I could enjoy some parts of the process and I think that I could do a decent job of weeding people out to hire (might be too picky though).

4/10, this seems okay.

0/10 I don't want to direct.

0/10 sounds boring AF.

0/10, I don't want to oversee anything.

0/10, I don't want to oversee anything.

7/10, this seems kind of fun, especially since I'm not great with art but like to be a part of it anyway.

0/10 and even less than 0/10 if that were possible, this is just disgusting.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
8 hour day.

I'd be doing this probably 12 hours at least. Pretty charged up.

Probably drained from paperwork

I'd be that odd one who was literally always working. I might even have a cot there

Fuck no. Won't even take it.

Ready to relax

Overseeing a team of construction engineers at the construction site of a large bridge.
Tired from all the cat herding. Engineers. @_@ quite the handfuls.

I would always be working on this.

Depends. On a lot of things.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Huh, I've re-read all the questions of all the series as well as all the answers by all the people and I can only say wow :shock: I'm not promising a 2020 edition but there would surely be a point and material to do one :D