User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I have worked in Lower End management, mostly just Human Resources stuff, so business efficacy was never really a hard press. I didn't mind it, it appealed to the organisational wonderboy inside of me, but it came in between me and my work friends (they found the playfulness was gone once ENTJ Extraordinaire was truly unleashed )
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

MBTI
    ISTP

Hiring new people, promoting occupational development and well-being in the work Unhappy. I don't like that side of management, working with people is for a reason, not my only purpose so to speak.

Deciding on the company's purchasing contracts, inventory and storage Great! Sounds fairly interesting to me, and a decent use of logic. (figuring out what's needed and where to put it in the future).

Directing the technical research development program in a space technology corporation Pretty happy. I'd probably rather doing research as opposed to having to oversee everything though.

Planning, coordinating and controlling the efficiency of building airplane parts Very happy. This is where I thrive, I'm very good at looking at what other people are doing and figuring out how to make it better/more efficient.

Overseeing the marketing, production and personel as the head of a building company Mediocre. Marketing would drag me down, personnel would be okay, production would be something I like doing.

Overseeing a team of construction engineers at the construction site of a large bridge Quite happy.

Leading the creative development of a fantasy RPG game and managing a team of artists Jumping off the unfinished bridge at the above scenario. Forcing me to be creative = No. Making me oversee them? Doom for all.

Improving border security by detecting smuggling and illegal immigration as the head of a customs office Happy. I'd be wanting to work more, and being very successful.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I work as a Manager, have done for years now. It has its ups and downs. Any questions just shout.
    What do you do?

What is required of you the most in this job?

Where you work at?

It helps to be a/an ____ person in your position (check those that apply!)
    -entrepreneurial
    -risk-orientated
    -bureaucratic
    -tough-minded
    -empathetic
    -conservative
    -introverted
    -flexible
    -orderly
    -agreeable
    -innovative
    -responsible
    -accommodating
    -detailed
    -openminded
    -skilled with people
    -troubleshooter

What are the professions of your immediate subordinates?

What was the key job requirement to enter your position, as opposed to one of the subordinate positions?

Were you promoted to this job, were you recruited as a outsider or did you start as a manager some other way, like via internal transfer?

How did you first notice you had managerial qualities?

How did you make the company notice you, and acknowledge your managerial potential?

Did personality theory help you choose career path or advance in it?

Sorry if there's lot, of course I'm jumping at the opportunity of interviewing one manager
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hiring new people, promoting occupational development and well-being in the work
    I think there are parts of this I'd like and parts I wouldn't.

Deciding on the company's purchasing contracts, inventory and storage
    Sounds boring

Directing the technical research development program in a space technology corporation
    Very cool.

Planning, coordinating and controlling the efficiency of building airplane parts
    Sounds decent.

Overseeing the marketing, production and personel as the head of a building company
    I'd like most of the jobs on this list, but some are less exciting than others. This is in the less exciting pile.

Overseeing a team of construction engineers at the construction site of a large bridge
    Same comment as the one above.

Leading the creative development of a fantasy RPG game and managing a team of artists
    Ding! Ding! Ding! Winnar!

Improving border security by detecting smuggling and illegal immigration as the head of a customs office
    I don't think I'd like this one, because I'm ambivalent on the immigration issue. No matter which way the policy changed I'd be pissed off.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Promoting occupational development and well-being, sure. (not like I think most managers are interested in that ). Not so much on the hiring part.
    This kind of won't absolutely be found in most businesses. If it's found, it's probably named as Human Resources Manager or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Great thread idea, Santtu
    Thanks! And for your answers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Hiring new people, promoting occupational development and well-being in the work
    Worried, stressed.
    Anxious, but contemplative.
    Directing the technical research development program in a space technology corporation
    Excited, intrigued, but a little concerned.
    Planning, coordinating and controlling the efficiency of building airplane parts
    Curious and focused.
    Overseeing the marketing, production and personel as the head of a building company
    Exhausted.
    Overseeing a team of construction engineers at the construction site of a large bridge
    Tense and hyper-vigilant.
    Leading the creative development of a fantasy RPG game and managing a team of artists
    Proud, inspired, awed.

Improving border security by detecting smuggling and illegal immigration as the head of a customs office
    Suspicious, observant, curious.

I like some of these, but they generally feel like I'd have way too much hanging over my head. They seem interesting, though.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Great! I'd love to do this.

I could do this, but I have no experience in something like this nor have I given it thought.

I don't know if I'd be well suited for this job... but hey I could try! I don't think I'd want to manage something like this though.

Not for me... too many details, too much risk if I screw up.

Stressful, but I could do it definitely.

Ugh, same with the airplane parts. Too many details, too stressful, too much risk.

Yes! Totally! I've always wanted to do something like this.

I don't think that I would have the passion needed for me to function at my fullest, since I really don't care about immigration enough and I think that the people in the country should just deny immigrants jobs.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

8 hour day.

I didn't have the time to research this one so well, so excuse me if there are gross errors of fact.
    Still, like killing people but only 5,000,000,000 of them and I would be content with the jobs, any of them.

MBTI
    INTP

Who wouldn't? I would investigate the effects of weightlessness on my ego.

Logistics? Why just airplane parts? This job would apply equally to just about any manufacturing process. But having something to do with designing the parts themselves might be interesting.

MBTI
    ENTJ

That, or process engineering applied to mechanical manufacturing processes, taking people and manufacturing methods in the equation. True, it could be for almost any end product. I told what the people would work for in the other descriptions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]