User Tag List

123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default How would you feel after a day in these jobs? Part IV, experts

8 hour day.

Preventing, diagnosing and treating work-related illness and writing medical certificates

Teaching natural sciences in a private school and developing the best practices in education

Developing ICT systems in the organization and participating in the creation of strategy

Planning for marketing campaigns and applying marketing research to the marketing strategy

Evaluating and developing the company image, writing press releases and organizing press conferences

Developing the use of land in a city, evaluating building projects and granting construction permits

Researching the history and methods of acting and writing a textbook for drama students

Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers

The whole series:

Part I, simple jobs
    Part II, skilled jobs
    Part III, associate professionals
    Part IV, experts
    Part V, managers
    Last edited by UnitOfPopulation; 08-10-2009 at 09:02 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Preventing, diagnosing and treating work-related illness and writing medical certificates
    I'd be just okay, my help is being sought as an expert and the pay is good. I'd be happy.

Teaching natural sciences in a private school and developing the best practices in education
    Thrilled, I could see the pupils learn new stuff, help them expand their minds. I'd handle the class well, too. On the top of my world!

Developing ICT systems in the organization and participating in the creation of strategy
    I'd be very concentrated, a bit tense perhaps, for having to be involved with such big ideas. I'd be pressured to learn on my free time.

Planning for marketing campaigns and applying marketing research to the marketing strategy
    I'd like making money for my company, but I'd have to make an appealing message and fine-tune it over and over again so It'd be most satisfying. Terrible, really.

Evaluating and developing the company image, writing press releases and organizing press conferences
    Why not, I'd like the prestige of being presentable, unsure how well I'd do though, I'd be stressed from performing sub-par, if the expectations are very high. I'd be a bit stressed though excited too.

Developing the use of land in a city, evaluating building projects and granting construction permits
    More relaxing. I'd have to research a lot of info about pedestrian movement, traffic, etc, but in the end, I'd like it. I'd be calm at the end of the day.

Researching the history and methods of acting and writing a textbook for drama students
    The independence of it all might seem good for the start, but I'd be bored from the lack of human contact. Without input, I'd start to suspect the quality of the work, too.

Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers
    Lot of detailed work, I'd be thrilled at the idea of making human-like opponents and giving thrills for the gamers. I'd be somewhat tired but content after a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

8 hour day.

I'd probably let my family die of starvation before I did this.

Does it have to be natural science?

I 'spose theoretical physics wouldn't be so bad. Any science that raises serious epistemological or metaphysical questions would be great.

I have no idea what this is, but I like strategy.

Planning for marketing campaigns and applying marketing research for the marketing strategy

Unless it's marketing strategy. Kill me now.

Am I allowed to give honest evaluations? Were the company virtuous, I could do this job without complaint.

If I were the primary visionary/planner, then I'd enjoy this job. Otherwise, it'd just be a paycheck.

I'd like the autonomy, but... acting? The subject would bore me to tears.

If I don't become a philosophy professor, this is what I'd want to do. The philosophy and mathematics that goes into this is mind-boggling. Writing computer programs that are isomorphisms of the mind? Nergasm.

MBTI
    ESFJ

This would be so cool.

No, but i would like to be taught it.

No, i only like taking computers apart so see where everything goes.

Although i have never tried it, it could be interesting.

No.

I could do parts of this job. When bored, hand it over.

I would be interested in this if working with an xNTJ.

Boring.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Phantonym

This I could actually imagine doing.

Science is so not my thing.

Yawn.

I don't think so.

Nah. Sounds pretty boring.

I'd love that!

Excellent!

Whoa. Cool. I'd give it a go.

MBTI
    INtP

I would probably like this pretty well. It would get a little frustrating when my advice for preventing future trouble was ignored (as it would be), but overall I'd like it.

I would *really* like this. Science, teaching, and actually being able to change the curriculum to optimize learning and thinking (as opposed to "teaching to the test" - which is why I don't actually go into teaching). Most likely fun (except for dealing with parents).

This is somewhat what I do now (except that my opinion is mostly ignored). Developing systems and strategy - definite yes. Dealing with all of the red tape and ass-covering crap that's endemic in the industry? Yuck.

No way. I find "marketing" something that society would be better off without. One of the worst things about modern society - and I'm not *that* big a hypocrite (plus, I'd hate it ).

See marketing question. Yuck.

I think I'd like this, especially the large-scale land use development strategy (less so in the granting permits part).

Ehhhnh. Nothing special about this for me. Acting itself might be fun, but the research and textbook-writing sounds pretty dull.

Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers In a lot of ways, game programming is what I *wish* I'd done instead of going into biology. I've a friend who did that, and his job seems much more fulfilling than mine - although the hours and stress in this field *suck*. But as far as interest and enjoyment, I'd like this (but probably on a non-FPS genre ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Preventing, diagnosing and treating work-related illness and writing medical certificates Pretty excellent! Excited.. Reading up on stuff.
    Teaching natural sciences in a private school and developing the best practices in education I think I would feel pretty good after this. Bringing this kind of job home with me would stress me out though.
    Developing ICT systems in the organization and participating in the creation of strategy Incompetent, stressed. Tired.
    Planning for marketing campaigns and applying marketing research to the marketing strategy Pretty good, a bit stressed.
    Evaluating and developing the company image, writing press releases and organizing press conferences Great! Energized. Especially after I got the hang of it.
    Developing the use of land in a city, evaluating building projects and granting construction permits Okay.. possibly a little bit bored.
    Researching the history and methods of acting and writing a textbook for drama students Argh. Terribly bored. Frustrated with life. Not enough interaction there.
    Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers Frustrated. Not enough of a perfectionist for that job. Wouldn't mind coordinating with the game testers but would hate the programming part.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

8 hour day.

I had the option of going to med school after high school since my grades were good, but I refused because I couldn't see myself doing something like this. So, no, I wouldn't feel good.

Sounds good, as long as it was well-paid, I would feel really good (here teaching is not well paid, if below university level).

I'd like the first part, dislike the second. Strategy is too vague.

Extremely bad. I hate marketing and think it's absolutely useless. I'd feel like I'm wasting my life.

Similar to the above, I would feel horrible.

This sounds really good, especially if I knew the city very well, I could interact with the population, with the architects and engineers from the city...yes, this would be ideal.

Ohoho, no way I could do this.

Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers[/QUOTE]

Programming would bore me, I think. I could do it if I had a lot of flexibility, but as a rule of thumb I'd prefer jobs that allowed me to interact with people and be outdoors.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP

Not so great, I don't think I could stand listening to people complaining about getting screwed over on the job. I'd be counting the minutes until 8 hrs was up.

Grade school? No thanks, the kids don't actually want to be in class. Frustrated at deaf ears. Higher education? I'd love it, I really enjoy explaining things coherently, everybody tells me I'm great at it. Fulfilled, like I've done something good, and done it well.

I'd rather drop a server on my head.

Could I just sell my soul directly to the Devil? I think he'd give me a better price. I'd feel cheap and used.

See above.

(Aesthetic design * large scale feng shui) + (functionality * creativity) = Win
    American cities need more character and less efficiency, IMO
    Accomplished, satisfied, happy that others might appreciate my work.

Dramatic effect can't be taught, I'd be wasting my time .: Boreddd.

I'd rather speak Klingon than 0110010001. I wouldn't make it through 8 hrs, so I can't answer the question.
    Last edited by JakeReckons; 08-09-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Brain fart
    "This much I knew and know: I was making myself hideously uncomfortable by not narrowing my attention to details of life which were immediately important, and by refusing to believe what my neighbors believed."
    --Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions

I like med stuff and diagnosing, if it was really routine, then might get bored.

Could be quite fun. I like teaching, I'm not always a fan of teaching high school students though. So that might be a problem.

I just read what an ICT system is . Could be fun and challenging.

I love marketing. So would be up for this.

Yep, as long as I got to tell the truth most of the time.

More planning. Don't mind it if there is creative designing and solutions involved.

I'd be quite interested in this. Maybe not good at it though.

I think AI would be a pretty interesting area to plan and program.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.