User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Preventing, diagnosing and treating work-related illness and writing medical certificates

Only would like it if they were really serious illnesses

Teaching natural sciences in a private school and developing the best practices in education

shoot me.

Developing ICT systems in the organization and participating in the creation of strategy

no.

Planning for marketing campaigns and applying marketing research to the marketing strategy

shoot me.

Evaluating and developing the company image, writing press releases and organizing press conferences

shoot me.

Developing the use of land in a city, evaluating building projects and granting construction permits

shoot me.

Researching the history and methods of acting and writing a textbook for drama students

shoot me twice.

Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers

three times.

well, i don't know what i like.. so one out of eight isn't bad
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Preventing, diagnosing and treating work-related illness and writing medical certificates
    Medical stuff usually weirds me out as it involves touching strangers and bodily fluids. I think I would be tired and bored and grossed out.

Teaching natural sciences in a private school and developing the best practices in education
    I'm not a big science fan, and kids can be such a pain, but teaching appeals to me on some levels. I might feel very drained though.

Developing ICT systems in the organization and participating in the creation of strategy
    Sounds very technical, which usually bores me. The creation of strategy part sounds interesting though.

Planning for marketing campaigns and applying marketing research to the marketing strategy
    I've essentially done this. Coming up with the strategy is fun, but dealing with the clients is a pain in the butt and frustrating.

Evaluating and developing the company image, writing press releases and organizing press conferences
    I would enjoy this except for the press conferences part. I'm not good at networking or public speaking. Branding is something I like to do though. I think I would be tired in a good way, and challenged.

Developing the use of land in a city, evaluating building projects and granting construction permits
    This sounds okay in theory, but I have a feeling it's just a lot of paperwork, businesses nagging you, and red tape. Very annoying and tiring.

Researching the history and methods of acting and writing a textbook for drama students
    This sounds pretty cool. I think I would enjoy this.

Programming the game AI of a first person shooter and coordinating with the game testers
    I would hate this because it promotes violence and I don't like that. Programming sounds horribly dull.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

This would be ok, not great but not bad either.

I would like it for a couple of years and then get bored.

This sounds like something I'd really like.

Sounds ok.

I don't think I'd care for this.

This sounds interesting. I don't think I know enough to tell if I'd like it or hate it. If there is a lot of paperwork or structure then I'd probably hate it. Otherwise it sounds like a good job.

This would be interesting, but I'd wish I had more people interaction.

This might be the best one on the list for me. It sounds fun.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Somewhat anxious, but otherwise okay.
    I think I would be intrigued, but feel somewhat overworked/tired.

Quite stimulated and intrigued.
    Silly and obsessive, perhaps a bit tired.
    Serious and focused.
    Contemplative, forward-thinking, curious.
    Neutral, a bit mechanical.
    Extremely tense/nervous, but excited.

These jobs are much easier to imagine than the ones on 3, and evoke a greater variety of responses than 1 and 2.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I could do this but wouldn't want to, medical stuff isn't my thing.

I'd love to do this.

I think I'd enjoy doing this, but I imagine some tasks would be very difficult and frustrating for me and I'd feel like crap if I couldn't do my job well.

Eh... Marketing. No.

This really isn't my thing, I'm not concerned about "image".

I think I could definitely do this, but it isn't really what I'd want to do.

This would be god awful.

I love video games, even though this would take a lot of work I'd enjoy it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

8 hour day.
    Software developers working 8 hrs / day? Don't be silly. That's why Google employees five star treatment--so they won't go home.

Yes. I worked for a data mining company and I have long had an interest in AI. I plan to make use of AI, technically data mining techniques, but not for any game.

For a games you're talking some kind of expert/knowledge based system for game play and possibly several support vector machine instances for realism. The smallest details can make a huge difference. If you've watched the TV show Lie to Me, you can see the subtleties of body language that need to be reproduced. Notice how even simple emoticons can have such a profound impact on peoples emotions. Simplest things are extremely hard to reproduce correctly. A sprinkling of AI can help, but takes years of refinement to get right.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I did mostly 2-6 hr days, and didn't go to jobs that needed 10+ hrs. So I missed some money and made my life tolerable I've simply refused to work overtime just because it's expected of the job or something like that. Now I think I could have done extra hours for a year or two, to gain experience. Even measly programmers don't have to submit to their employer's every whim, if they got any leverage to negotiate.

Game AI is practically weak AI and an expert system. THere's no single one method for weak AI. It might use minimum path algorithm for finding places, and some neural algorithm to match the situation with a database of real situtations to decide the overall strategy. Or, it could be mostly scripted by explicit rules found out by experts.

This kind of thing can be nicely done by one person, imho. Perhaps two or a maximum of three. Some great bots have been written by one person. Facial expressions, slight movement etc. might not be related to major game decisions, limiting them out of scope from the programming of AI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Sounds satisfying, but perhaps a bit dry. Depends on work environment and how much % of it is paper work.

Challenging, but draining.

Enjoyable, especially if I don't have to carry out said strategy!

Could be really fun or really rotten. I would enjoy researching the psychological elements, at the very least.

Stressed and tired.

Overwhelmed and out of place.

Interest piqued. I'd enjoy this challenge, although I'd have alot to learn.

Sounds neat! As long as I can avoid the crunch time phase.

MBTI
    I

I gave them ratings too, 10 being the best, 1 the worst.

- Could be interesting, stimulating, and helpful too. However I also wouldn't like the idea of dealing with ill people.
    Rating: 6.0

- I guess this would be alright. Problem is I don't like teaching people. It would seem like an easy job if I know the subject material, but I wouldn't want to be in charge of so many kids' grades like that, nor am I good at teaching.
    Rating: 5.0

- This could potentially be interesting, but also mentally taxing. I think the good outweighs the bad though, I see this job as stimulating and intriguing.
    Rating: 7.0

- Boooorrrringg. Also I would probably not be good at it. AND it would probably be stressful, with the marketing risks involved.
    Rating: 3.5

- Eh, I wouldn't like to be in charge of the press conferences, but writing press releases doesn't sound bad. I would not be good at developing the company image though, because it sounds like it involves advertising and propaganda of some sort. Sounds okay, but not really great.

- This I think I would like. I would like dealing with the construction of buildings, and the layout of land too. Only thing is I don't like very tall heights so if I do have to actually go on top of one of these skyscrapers, I'd be terrified. Otherwise, seems great.
    Rating: 7.0

- I don't like the actual topic of acting or drama, and I'm not good at it. But the writing of the textbook and the history is interesting to me. Unfortunately the bad outweighs the good here.

- Haha probably my dream job, being a video game lover. And I know some programming, so if I learn the language (if need be), then this job would be awesome. Don't really see any bad to this job.
    Rating: 9.0

MBTI
    xxxx

In a way I would like to hear about their problems, but most of them would be eventually the same.

Natural scienses. Unless I couldn't show my views of evolution on everything.

This is what I am graduating to. Boring, sucks, and all the people working there are too interested about living a normal life of success.

I like marketing. If they would only listen to my ideas. I have some.

If it was my company.

I would most likely take some bribes, like everyone before in this job.

This might be something I like. I'd like to show some examples to students.

Programmers... I will never be one.