User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Measuring, editing and visualizing geographical data as a Surveying Technician
    Would enjoy it.

Design, maintain and supervise the installation of telecommunications systems
    Would enjoy it.

Estimate the amount of timber in a forest, plan for logging with the foresters and participate in reforestation.
    Would enjoy the challenges in the work. But couldn't do it ethically.

Composing songs for your band, arranging gigs to bars and nightclubs and playing an instrument
    First part is my ultimate job. Arranging gigs is one of those things you'd have to do, planning the craziness of them would be fun though. Playing an instrument would be awesome, if only I could .

Teaching theory in a driving school, giving driving lessons and administrating driving tests for them
    Would be fun, except all the crying failures and the people who crash the car with you in it.

Designing statistical data collection, analysis, interpretation and publishing the results
    Wouldn't mind this at all. Could be fun. Maybe too methodical and no brainer.

Helping people maintain, restore and develop their movement and functional ability as a physiotherapist
    Have no drive to do it. But would like it I think.

Evaluating and planning for filming locations and timetables, overseeing set construction, and hiring extras
    Let me do all the other stuff. This would be like getting a job in the playboy mansion as a eunuch.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Evaluating and planning for filming locations and timetables, overseeing set construction, and hiring extras
    Let me do all the other stuff. This would be like getting a job in the playboy mansion as a eunuch.
    Haha nice way to put it. I get you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    An 8 hour day.

Design, maintain and supervising the installation of telecommunications systems

Estimate the amount of timber in a forest, plan for logging with the foresters and participate in reforestation.

Composing songs for your band, arranging gigs to bars and nightclubs and playing an instrument

Teaching theory in a driving school, giving driving lessons and administrating driving tests for them

Designing statistical data collection, analysis, interpretation and publishing the results

Helping people maintain, restore and develop their movement and functional ability as a physiotherapist

I... can't imagine most of these jobs. I don't have the mental capacity to understand the descriptions of half of them, and the ones I do sound like things I'd never be able to do. Like things I'd ask others to do for me as part of a larger project, or else things my supervisor would be telling me to perform a smaller/simpler part of. Sounds so broad and yet focused.

That answer goes for ALL of them. Dead serious.

Does that make sense? I have a strong feeling that I could only work as subordinate to such people, or have them as my subordinates... not BE on this level.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Pretty bored.

Incompetent and bored.

Bored.

I'd feel great. If I could play an instrument, probably one of my ideal jobs.

Yuck. No way.

If it were about something interesting and I could collaborate with smart and creative people, I'd love it.

If not, I'd hate it.

It would be satisfying on a certain level, but I'm not into it.

I'd be in heaven. Probably in my top 3 dream jobs.

THANKS FOR THESE QUESTIONNAIRES, BY THE WAY---They are really helping me narrow down my career goals.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Sad and upset.
    Design, maintain and supervising the installation of telecommunications systemsAlright, a little stressed.
    Estimate the amount of timber in a forest, plan for logging with the foresters and participate in reforestation.Sad and bored.
    Composing songs for your band, arranging gigs to bars and nightclubs and playing an instrumentExcited... (sneaks in a few more hours than 8.)

Teaching theory in a driving school, giving driving lessons and administrating driving tests for themAlright. A job is a job. A little blah. A little stressed about that one brat.

Designing statistical data collection, analysis, interpretation and publishing the results Alright.
    Helping people maintain, restore and develop their movement and functional ability as a physiotherapist Pretty good though a little frustrated.
    Happy, energized.

These are fun. Now that *some* of the jobs are actually tolerable.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I would probably enjoy doing something like this, though I might feel anxious about my performance. I don't know if I'd be good at it.

I'd feel fine doing this, but I'd probably feel frustrated and exhausted at the "supervising" bit.

This would probably be okay, since being outdoors makes it seem less like work. I probably wouldn't feel satisfied at the end of the day because the work seems pointless and shallow, but I wouldn't be too worn out either.

I'd probably feel pretty good doing something like this because it doesn't feel so much like hard work.

I would hate this job and be very exhausted. I get extremely anxious in the car if it's not me driving, so I'd be mentally worn down by the end of the day.

I'd probably feel pretty good about it. This seems like something I'd like.

I would be exhausted because working with and (especially) touching strange people all day would be very taxing. Plus I find that type of work boring.

Being involved in film making sounds like it'd be fun, but this description is too managerial to be of my liking. I'd more than likely be exhausted after a day of this type of work.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INtP

Getting out into the field and doing measurements could be fun, and making conclusions for construction projects, etc. would appeal to me. I'd probably like at least a good portion of this.

Design, yes. Maintain and supervise, no.

I'd like this. Getting out in the forests, analyzing forestry data and helping with the maintainability and productivity sounds like fun, and pretty rewarding to boot. Of all the jobs in your parts 1-3, I'd like this the best.

Assuming I had even the tiniest shred of musical skill (I don't), I'd like composing and playing an instrument. I'd despise the "arranging gigs" part - enough so that if the three came as a discrete set, I'd not do any.

Hmm... I'm just totally "meh" on this one. Nothing enjoyable in it (I like teaching, but teaching driving? *Yawn*).

Probably too much quantitative detail for me. I could probably do it (or learn to do it well), but it wouldn't be enjoyable. I'd be more likely to be interested in the studies, and totally uninterested in the statistics and publishing parts.

Sort of like the personal trainer part, I would (probably surprisingly) potentially enjoy this. I'd probably get a little discouraged when people quit, but teaching and helping people in a truly goal-oriented (for them) task would be enjoyable and rewarding for me.

No thanks. Evaluating locations in an artistic sense? Sure... but this sounds like the business part of the deal - which I'd hate. Especially the timetables and hiring extras part.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    I

I gave them ratings (along with descriptions) too. 10 being the best, 1 being the worst.

- The measuring ane editing part is alright, visualization would take a bit more work, but overall wouldn't seem too strenuous. Not the most interesting job, but I would like it.
    Rating: 7.5

- Would probably be more interesting, however it will also be more taxing. Although not as boring, I wouldn't like it as much as the first choice, but still would like it.
    Rating: 7

- Good to work in the outdoors (which I assume will be a big part of this job), doesn't seem too mentally taxing but more physically taxing with bringing in the logs. Wouldn't like it as much as the former two.
    Rating: 6

- Wouldn't like it that much. Although I like to deal with music a lot and am good at it, I wouldn't want to constantly perform at different bars and nightclubs. Not my job.
    Rating: 4

- Wouldn't like it either. Seems a little risky, what with the brand new drivers handling cars and such. I also don't like teaching things in general, takes a lot out of me lol. Not a big talker. Plus dealing with the different students. Wouldn't like this job.
    Rating: 3

- This is more of my kind of job. I'm very talented in things involving statistics and data. However the design and analysis (and interpretation) can potentially be a little difficult. Still, I'm sure if I can learn it, I will do a good job. Though it's not the most interesting job in the world, I'd like this one.
    Rating: 8

- Not my kind of job. It would require a tremendous amount of patience, which I don't really have. I wouldn't be able to be as active as I want with this job, although I would mean well.
    Rating: 6

- Nah, too much management for me. Don't like bossing people around anyway, and I wouldn't want this much responsibility. Don't like responsibility.
    Rating: 4

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Sounds kinda tedious.

This might be fun. It depends on how structured the job is. (structure = bad)

Same as #2

Oh hells to the yeah!

This would be fun at first, but I'd get bored at the repitition eventually.

Same as #2

Sounds boring.

This one sounds pretty fun. Although again it depends on how structured it is.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Phantonym

Sounds OK. I could do that. Might get a bit boring after a while, though.

I'd take the designing and supervising the installation part but leave the maintenance to somebody else.

I'm not really that psyched about this but I guess I could do it for a while but not for years on end.

Giving driving lessons is like the most horrible job in the world. I thought that when going through driving school and I haven't changed my mind since. I guess I'd be OK with teaching theory and administrating driving tests.

Ok, I wouldn't mind doing the analysis and interpretation part.

I'd like to do that. Helping people, motivating them. Sounds great.