User Tag List

First 12345 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

What's FML?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Driving a city bus
    Get sick of driving and traffic, enjoy the random conversations.

Interviewing on the telephone
    Could be fun as long as I didn't need to call people randomly and annoy them

Cleaning an office building
    Again, it could be fun if coworkers were good. I always chatted to the cleaners in our building when I was working late. Didn't seem too bad.

Keeping inventory of a storage hall
    Would go semi insane, though if I knew it was only for a day I might survive. Also I'd enjoy it if I got to categorise and improve things.

Offering product samples in the mall
    Not really my style of job, but if it was them come to me rather than me pester them, it could be a good get paid for standing and chatting job.

Filling candy machines
    Boring. But if I could tax a bit...

Writing data from papers to a database
    I'm actually okay at this as long as I feel it is achieving something. If I'm just moving data around with no thought, then it is tedious.

Assembling simple products
    No brains, repetitive, would get pretty bored.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INtP

I'm pretty sure I'd dislike all of these on day 4 or 5. The only benefit to some would be a lack of stress at work... but that would probably be more than offset by a lack of pay.

Driving a city bus
    I hate traffic, and when I'm going somewhere, I want to *go*. Stopping all the time to let troublesome passengers on would frustrate me.

Okay, I lied. I'd hate this one immediately. Talking to strangers + telephone + expecting people's time for nothing = .

Probably sort of relaxing at first. Until your first vomit-cleanup. Even without that, would get dull.

I'd dislike this. Recordkeeping is a particular hate of mine.

Probably just a *little* more palatable than being a phone researcher. Which means that I might last 5 minutes before hating it. People generally don't like being bothered by solicitors - I hate it myself, and I'd hate even more being forced to be the solicitor.

Filling candy machines
    Boring, but maybe tolerable for a while - get to get out and *do* stuff, at least, and it sounds like there wouldn't be the expectation of "selling" stuff. I still think *emptying* the candy machine sounds like more fun, though

Boring. Really, really boring. But if we're talking a pure 9-5 punch-the-timeclock job, I could probably do it. Likely low-stress.

As long as I could couch this under the terms of continual improvement to do things better and faster, I'd probably get into this. But I'd probably top out after about a week, in which case it would be tedious, frustrating, and dull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    I

I gave them ratings along with my descriptions. 10 is the best, 1 is the worst.

Driving a city bus
    - Eh, not a fan of this at all. The constant stops and responsibility make this kind of undesirable.
    Rating: 4.5

- I wouldn't mind this one actually. Would not be stressful in the least, and is not very tough at all. Could potentially be interesting too, I like it.
    Rating: 7.5

- Meh, doesn't sound appealing. Don't like cleaning things up for other people in general.
    Rating: 4.5

- Wouldn't mind it. Seems a little boring, but I would like it because it is not stressful, and is probably easy. Also the amount of work is probably not as much.
    Rating: 7

- Nope, I wouldn't like it. Requires a lot of interaction and standing (usually). Of course a lot of the time is no work at all, but also just staying in one place in a mall would drive me a little crazy. I mean it's a mall, it's meant to be explored.
    Rating: 4

Filling candy machines
    - Haha I guess this wouldn't be too bad. As long as I could get some free candy. If I can, then terrific. If I can't, then oh well, still not a bad job because it's easy and stressless. Of course the pay will be more than humble.
    Rating: 6.5

- This is sort of like my current job actually. I like this kind of work, as long as I know what I'm doing. I love to work with Microsoft Excel and am great and quick at categorizing things. Although it's a little boring, it is not stressful, is easy, I'm good at it, all around I like this.
    Rating: 8

- Assemblign them, like stocking shelves? Not really a fan, would be kind of boring, but it would be simple and stress-free for the most part.
    Rating: 6

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Driving a city bus
    This wouldn't be too bad at first, but after I drove the same route several times it would drive me nuts. I could actually do a job like this if it was an intercity bus.

If this wasn't too heavily scripted or structured I'd enjoy it. Otherwise I would hate it.

I could wear headphones for this job, so it wouldn't be too bad. The longer I did it the worse it would be though.

This sounds like a nightmare job.

I wouldn't be a good salesperson, but I could have fun with it until they fired me.

Filling candy machines
    This would be fun at first and then get boring pretty quickly.

This one might be even worse than keeping inventory of a storage hall.

This one is pretty close to the bottom of the barrel as well.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Phantonym

Driving a city bus
    I guess I could do it for a couple of days but not for years. It depends on the city too. A nice quiet small city with little traffic and few passengers, I guess I'd be OK with it if I could listen to music and think (oh yeah, that makes me a lousy driver, so I think I'd still have to pass).

Now that would actually be pretty cool. People are never boring.

Free exercise! I like getting things clean. I don't have any problems doing that.

I'd be OK doing this.

I've always hated when people approach me with those so, no, I don't think so.

Filling candy machines
    Hehe. I'd like that.

That's OK too. I've done that. You can't do this without thinking about it all the time because you can't make any mistakes and it gets really draining after a whole day of doing this, though.

I've done that for years when I was younger and worked for some company. It becomes sort of automatic after a while and as long as there's music and you're able to think, it's OK. I couldn't imagine doing it for the rest of my life, though.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    What's FML?
    "Fuck my life" :P
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Driving a city bus
    Tired, bored, irritable.

Exhausted, antisocial. (Meaning, I'm tired of people and wouldn't be in a good mood having to be around any more of them.)

Fine, fatigued.

Fine, maybe a little bored.

Exhausted, irritable, antisocial.

Filling candy machines
    Fine, possibly craving candy or sick of looking at candy.

Very bored, fatigued, suffering eye strain (I did a job just like this but it was 5 hours a day instead of 8 hours. It wasn't that bad, but it was quite boring.)

Fatigued, bored.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Driving a city bus
    I've never been in a car accident while driving or gotten a citation. I'd be qualified, but not especially attentive. I'd probably drive right past people waiting at their stop.

exhausted, miserable, pessimistic, stressed, fake

I had a job like this once. It was fine when I was left completely alone. Tiring and unfulfilling, but I could just go on "autopilot" and let my mind wander elsewhere.

Orderliness = <3. Detail =/= <3. I'd probably be drained by the end of the day.

Death. Plain and simple. It would be horrible. I would be worn-out/exhausted, miserable, not have any social energy for the relationships I would rather focus that energy on.

Filling candy machines
    It would probably be the same as the office cleaning job...but easier.

I'd have a sad, comatose (night of the living dead) thing going on when I'd get home

I wouldn't be able to go on auto-pilot for this one (too big a risk at making mistakes) so I would just end up being drained and lethargic.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Driving a city bus

I'd enjoy it, especially if I had my MP3 player with me and my small speakers (I'd keep it low just to have some background noise). Driving is relaxing.

I don't think I'd have an issue with this, but I'm not really certain.

Sounds good. I could listen to my music while working, since most cleaning goes on after hours.

Sounds good. I get to be alone.

I'd dislike this, I hate asking random people things, especially when I know that they probably aren't concerned with what I have to say.

Filling candy machines

This seems to be quite alright, simple enough.

I'd get very bored, the monotony would kill me.

I'd have fun doing this.

Great threads.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)