User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Default Workflow of Thinkers vs Feelers...

Just a moment ago I typed this out in an effort to document (in simplistic terms) the differences in how THINKERS react to environmental stimulii vs how FEELERS do the same. This is what I came up with:

<DISCLAIMER> This is not intended to offend anyone, I am merely trying to understand T/F differences today. Tomorrow I will tell you how I feel about them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FEELERS feel out a situation and act on it accordingly before they generate alot of thoguhts about its effects: (They do what feels right)

Their series of events is:

STIMULUS -> EMOTIONS -> ACTIONS -> THOUGHTS(later...)

For FEELERS, being led by your emotions can be tidal and get you into charged situations unecessarily, right?

But on the other hand, if you correctly feel out what the energy of the event you are experienceing is and react to that, then maybe you are good to go.
    THINKERS think through a situation and act on it accordingly before they generate feelings about its effects: (They do what they think is the right thing to do)

Their series of events is:

STIMULUS->THOUGHT->ACTIONS->EMOTIONS (later...)

For THINKERS, being led by your thoughts can make you consistent (think first, then act. Look before you leap. Measure twice, cut once, etc.), right?

But on the other hand since you rarely consider emotions you can be perceived as a cold hearted bastard.

Does any of this hold water?

I am taking on the role of Professor Obvious today?

Thoughts or Feelings about the above?

-Alex

P.S. Now getting ready to eat chicken breasts stuffed with lobster and scallops + a yummy green salad splattered with Italian dressing and a dab of Bleu Cheese + a large glass of red wine so I can take a nappy before finishing my studying for a 5:30 PM exam.

Cheers!

-Alex

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Actually I think I relate more to your Thinker description than the feeling one. i.e. Think First, then Act, and internal consistency in my thoughts/actions/behaviors is pretty important to me, and I become vexed when I notice contradictions within myself. I also don't often follow solely my 'emotion', simply because I recognize it's transitory - and so sometimes I ignore it. I will often wait until I become more neutral, esp. when making important decisions.

A distinction between feelers/thinkers may be that Feelers tend to factor in their emotions/values/feelings as an important variable in the decision making process, whereas Thinkers may not deem the emotion/feeling as a necessary factor/component to their decision-making process. Of course this is all generalized. Feelers may also be more apt to weigh in non-objective factors (and non-objective does not necessarily equate to 'Emotion')
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Here's how it goes for me, usually.

Small issues: STIMULUS->THOUGHT/EMOTION (depending on the issue. An insult would receive more thought, whereas someone skipping work would be more emotion)->ACTIONS->(The one I left out later..)

Big issues: STIMULUS->INITIAL ACTION (Whatever action I need to do to calm down the situation)->THOUGHT->ACTION (Resume myself once I know the situation I want to be in and how I want to handle it). Emotion is throughout that process to help guide those actions, never in just one slot.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

INFP's tend to be very strict about doing 'the right thing', despite being feelers primarily.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Interesting stuff so far! Cool. I will revise H1 to H2 later tonight...

Keep it coming!

MBTI
    ESFJ

I actually go on the thinkers theory. Only on 2 occasions have i lost it with work colleagues. That wasn't due to feelings though, that was because they were both acting dumb and pissed me off. (i don't like incompetent people)

In the work place, i am in a totally different frame of mind.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

You know what they say about people do very poorly in describing their thought processes after the fact? We "rationalize" a great deal more about how we think/feel then when we actually do at the moment before we respond.

A general pattern I noticed in myself.

Stuff that requires immediate response.

Signal detection => reflex auto behaviour without thought
    |
    V
    Two streams of processing (parallel processing)

1) emotional response (parallel to behaviour or a slight step behind) -> feedback to modify auto behaviour
    2) logical analysis (slower stream, conscious deliberate process, initiation one step after emotional response) -> feedback to both emotional and auto behaviour, modulation and/or complete system override.

My guess with the difference of Thinkers and Feelers has to do with the strength of two streams (which has the tendency to take precedent/speed of processing) as oppose to a truly different route of processing.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    A general pattern I noticed in myself.

Stuff that requires immediate response.

Signal detection => reflex auto behaviour without thought
    |
    V
    Two streams of processing (parallel processing)

1) emotional response (parallel to behaviour or a slight step behind) -> feedback to modify auto behaviour
    2) logical analysis (slower stream, conscious deliberate process, initiation one step after emotional response) -> feedback to both emotional and auto behaviour, modulation and/or complete system override.

My guess with the difference of Thinkers and Feelers has to do with the strength of two streams (which has the tendency to take precedent/speed of processing) as oppose to a truly different route of processing.
    I really like this, Nightning. I'm breaking out Visio later to make this graphical.

MBTI
    STP

I follow the thinker in that I detach from what is being said to logically analyze, later when I process it the feeling appears. Its not that I repress my emotions, but I actually detach emotionally to hear what is said only to reattach later.

MBTI
    STP

My wife(ENFJ) with me follows the emotion first and then thinks.

My mom with me follows the thinker path at first and the other ENFPs I know do this with me also. With ENFPs its like I make them think about what I say before they react. I can actually see them get in there head at times, like wait a minute. Its like I make them think about what I said and what I meant. I think I may confuse what they think and they have to think about it before they know how to react. I provide a different side of things than there used to seeing. I think its the Ne/Se difference.