User Tag List

First 123 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    My wife(ENFJ) with me follows the emotion first and then thinks.

My mom with me follows the thinker path at first and the other ENFPs I know do this with me also. With ENFPs its like I make them think about what I say before they react. I can actually see them get in there head at times, like wait a minute. Its like I make them think about what I said and what I meant. I think I may confuse what they think and they have to think about it before they know how to react. I provide a different side of things than there used to seeing. I think its the Ne/Se difference.
    Now I must say what you said there made me sit and think a bit before I "got" what you meant.

I think there's two different things going on in terms of thinking processes...
    1. T vs F
    2. N vs S

Your wife's (and my) system of thinking (N) is different than your's (S). So the "making them think before they react" might simply due to a process of translating what you've said in "S language" into something understandable by the "N system". Therefore a T vs F comparison here has an extra step in between.

*scratches head* Do you know of any ESFP or ISFP? Perhaps a thought flow comparison with them will be easier to handle.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

For me its more like

Stimulus-feel(not react, just feel)- think(with feelings under consideration)- act.. thoughts and feelings again afterwards. The two work together.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Thanks for the ESFP perspective shortnsweet

It seems to fit the model...
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Now I must say what you said there made me sit and think a bit before I "got" what you meant.

I think there's two different things going on in terms of thinking processes...
    1. T vs F
    2. N vs S

Your wife's (and my) system of thinking (N) is different than your's (S). So the "making them think before they react" might simply due to a process of translating what you've said in "S language" into something understandable by the "N system". Therefore a T vs F comparison here has an extra step in between.

*scratches head* Do you know of any ESFP or ISFP? Perhaps a thought flow comparison with them will be easier to handle.
    What I let out was pretty much Se and the difference I notice in how people respond.

I think with my wife we are both Se and Ni, just opposite so when we communicate we get different responses from the same exact input and since its similiar in how we deal with the world its like instant feeling, but not the same as the other person.

With ENFP yeah its NeSi vs SeNi and TiFe vs FiTe so things kinda have to be figured out before emotion can come into play. Its like they have to create a whole new mapping of trying to understand before they know how they feel.

Stimulus Emotions Thoughts Actions. I think I go like this usually. I don't play directly off my emotions, I check them and refine them. That might be emotions on emotions though. Ha, who the hell knows...I just play it by ear. I see a situation and know how I want it to look and take action to make it that way.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    FEELERS feel out a situation and act on it accordingly before they generate alot of thoguhts about its effects: (They do what feels right)

Their series of events is:

STIMULUS -> EMOTIONS -> ACTIONS -> THOUGHTS(later...)
    In my adult life there has been a greater and great compulsion to think about things before acting which generally leads to indecision and inaction, endless speculation. So the best course turns out for me to give a problem up to my subconscious and wait for inspiration as to what feels most logical to come to me.

For FEELERS, being led by your emotions can be tidal and get you into charged situations unecessarily, right?
    No, because in my right mind, I won't allow charged emotions to take the lead. I'll do what I said above, give it sometime and see what comes to me as feeling the most logical course of action and then I weigh it against my conscience and how it all affects others.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I would rather see that you put it this way:
    The primary thinkers
    and
    The primary feelers

because I'm neither.
    i'm primary intuition user
    and ESTP's are actually primary sensors not primary thinkers.

, i'm on a mission for my new "theory" here.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I never think during STIMULUS
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    My wife(ENFJ) with me follows the emotion first and then thinks.

My mom with me follows the thinker path at first and the other ENFPs I know do this with me also. With ENFPs its like I make them think about what I say before they react. I can actually see them get in there head at times, like wait a minute. Its like I make them think about what I said and what I meant. I think I may confuse what they think and they have to think about it before they know how to react. I provide a different side of things than there used to seeing. I think its the Ne/Se difference.
    It's a type relation. I have this with my sister too. And you actually do a pretty good job of seeing our side of it. It scares me how perceptive ISTPs seem to be, and I get cautious about what reactions they will have to things. So it's a study of what you said, but also the situation. I tend to care more about the big picture than specific words. I also don't live in the moment as much as Se types, so it can also be a wandering mind if interest levels drop.

On the thinking part, we are more intuiting, which is the main thing we do. Introverted feeling doesn't really overpower it, except on important issues.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    It's a type relation. I have this with my sister too. And you actually do a pretty good job of seeing our side of it. It scares me how perceptive ISTPs seem to be, and I get cautious about what reactions they will have to things. So it's a study of what you said, but also the situation. I tend to care more about the big picture than specific words. I also don't live in the moment as much as Se types, so it can also be a wandering mind if interest levels drop.

On the thinking part, we are more intuiting, which is the main thing we do. Introverted feeling doesn't really overpower it, except on important issues.
    I feed my Ti off of data from Se so I am forced to be very perceptive. Sometimes the cautious seems like your trying to figure out my motive, and eventually ENFPs may flat out ask. The thing that Js dont always realize that is when you try to steer anything in life you miss the natural reaction and in turn control what you see. I usually let the ENFP steer the conversation, I noticed that they usually stick to something you both have in common, but at times can hold an entire conversation on there own as long as they know your paying attention.

I have seen an ENFP go straight from Ne to Fi. Its when it bypasses Te and Si. It gets fed Te in a logical way with enough Si that it goes straight to Fi.