User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: asperger thread

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It seems AS is universally made up of IxTx, but based on the online statistics in one thread linked to Asperger's and Human Metrics statistics, the INTJ, INTP, and ISTJ were the most common, and most of the S-types were mild S's.
    Exactly.

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, that's true.

But as for the diagnoses of mental disorders, I think it's relative to cultural values. In the US, for example, narcissism (which, for all intents and purposes, should be classified as a disorder) is considered acceptable and even healthy.
    Exactly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

In socionics, the ENTp and INTj descriptions seem to be the most associated with mildly autistic behavior than any other type.

(In socionics, Einstein is considered an ENTp, not Keirsey's INTP.)

MBTI
    INTP

In socionics, the ENTp and INTj descriptions seem to be the most associated with mildly autistic behavior than any other type.

(In socionics, Einstein is considered an ENTp, not Keirsey's INTP.)
    The absent minded professor?

Einstein was the classic asperger type. He did not understand that he needed pills!
    And what if he had taken those pills- would he be Einstein then?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    And what if he had taken those pills- would he be Einstein then?
    Excellent question...

Though when I take my pills (30 mg Paxil cut in half to make 15 mg), my intrusive thoughts are leveled some, and then I stop taking the pills.

Anti-depressants and anti-psychotics are more suitable for treating Asperger co-morbidities, namely obsessive-compulsive disorder (not obsessive-compulsive personality disorder), but not Asperger itself.

I have OCD tendencies with my AS, such as intrusive thoughts mentioned above, but it's just not the textbook version -- as in I'm not a compulsive hand washer.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

In a lot of ways, I feel like I'd rather be crazy than change my mind with pills.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

Excellent question...

Though when I take my pills (30 mg Paxil cut in half to make 15 mg), my intrusive thoughts are leveled some, and then I stop taking the pills.

Anti-depressants and anti-psychotics are more suitable for treating Asperger co-morbidities, namely obsessive-compulsive disorder (not obsessive-compulsive personality disorder), but not Asperger itself.

I have OCD tendencies with my AS, such as intrusive thoughts mentioned above, but it's just not the textbook version -- as in I'm not a compulsive hand washer.
    My daughter has AS and OCD.. she was given pills by some quack doctor. Speed that is.

I have a mild OCD as well. But I guess I am used to the intrusive thoughts. They come and they go. To hell with them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    In a lot of ways, I feel like I'd rather be crazy than change my mind with pills.
    It does seem odd that that psychological issues are talked about in terms of "normal' rather than "useful", "does well in life", "happy without causing problems for others", etc. (Certainly, someone with a great photographic memory, or who has an amazing ability to read people isn't normal.) It may make it easier ot treat conditions that do become problems, since instead of focusing on how to turn the people "normal", the person could be helped or developed in a way that makes them handle life and other people better. (Some of this probably is how a lot of help is given, but it would be useful to say it out loud perhaps.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I only want to use pills insofar as making me feel less anxious (if they do that trick, and sometimes they do). I can't say I care how my outward behavior comes across toward other people.

Well, there are a couple of autistics in my family, and I score highly on the general autistic tests w/o being autistic, but you probably guessed that already. I can relate to some of what you've said in general, as in everything, but still am weirded out by some of it... Maybe a little drunk, so wherever that puts me, I probably belong.