User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: asperger thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i think ADD is just intuition and bad Se.
    ADHD is too much Se.

i'm Ni Fe Ti and i have ADD

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm going to complicate this a little...
    Am I the only one that thinks ADD and AS are grossly over-diagnosed in the USA?
    Surely there is truth behind these disorders, but they've become so sensational that it seems like half of the population is suspect of having one or the other.

Also, my stomach buckles at the rate we proscribe psychiatric pills to children. It's appallingly reckless. How the fuck do you know a seven-year-old has a bipolar disorder?! People have been giving ADD pills to kids at the age of two. This just seems so wrong.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Poriferan is quite right. In fact, most psychiatric disorders are over-diagnosed in the United States. I once recall reading somewhere that 60% of New York City inhabitants are currently using psychiatric medication of some variation. That is quite disturbing.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks ADD and AS are grossly over-diagnosed in the USA?
    I don't know if it's just in the USA (possibly, but I'm not sure), but I agree that these "disorders" are over-diagnosed.

People seem to associate AS with simply being unsocial, or they self-diagnose themselves with such things as Asperger's, schizophrenia, or OCD by taking Internet questionnaires written by quacks, for all we know.

I think these whole disease-labeling scenarios is a product of the societal higher-ups (most likely SJs), who, above all, attempt to maintain a status quo and determine what is and isn't appropriate, and could thus label any non-conforming behavior (such as not socializing or acting wild) as a disorder.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Well, there's certainly a profit in running a thousand over-priced procedures and giving everyone pills.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't know if it's just in the USA (possibly, but I'm not sure), but I agree that these "disorders" are over-diagnosed.

People seem to associate AS with simply being unsocial, or they self-diagnose themselves with such things as Asperger's, schizophrenia, or OCD by taking Internet questionnaires written by quacks, for all we know.

I think these whole disease-labeling scenarios is a product of the societal higher-ups (most likely SJs), who, above all, attempt to maintain a status quo and determine what is and isn't appropriate, and could thus label any non-conforming behavior (such as not socializing or acting wild) as a disorder.
    Technically speaking, is anything strictly sane or insane? Who defines sanity? The haughty SJs Freudian-bureaucrats at the top of the tree? Quite possibly. Does that make it the truth? Far from so.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well, there's certainly a profit in running a thousand over-priced procedures and giving everyone pills.
    Yeah, that's true.

But as for the diagnoses of mental disorders, I think it's relative to cultural values. In the US, for example, narcissism (which, for all intents and purposes, should be classified as a disorder) is considered acceptable and even healthy.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    I was diagnosed last February with Asperger's Syndrome. I always knew I was different, but my doctor helped me out with the information. Most of my life makes sense to me now, though I may be a bit too old to change some things, now I have a better understanding of AS and what others have gone through as well. The way I figure it is that people with Asperger's Syndrome can have different MBTI types. I have ISTP. On one of the posts, the person talked about a daughter being ENTP with AS.
    It is not surprising someone is coming out as an ISTP. It seems to be expected because the aspergers tend to represent their own (=IT) type. Do you have the MBTI test results?
    Take the test many times. With aspergers the result should keep changing.
    Not with me though. For some very curious reason I am a fixed NP.

Welcome to the board.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It is not surprising someone is coming out as an ISTP. It seems to be expected because the aspergers tend to represent their own (=IT) type. Do you have the MBTI test results?
    Take the test many times. With aspergers the result should keep changing.
    Not with me though. For some very curious reason I am a fixed NP.

Welcome to the board.
    It seems AS is universally made up of IxTx, but based on the online statistics in one thread linked to Asperger's and Human Metrics statistics, the INTJ, INTP, and ISTJ were the most common, and most of the S-types were mild S's.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i think ADD is just intuition and bad Se.
    ADHD is too much Se.

i'm Ni Fe Ti and i have ADD
    Ni Fe Ti?
    There is no such type.

ADHD seems to have correlation with Se..
    ADD with Ne?