User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 132

Thread: asperger thread

  1. #111
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Your function order is Ni Fe Ti Ne Fi Te Se Si.. actually it could read:
    Fe Ni Ti Ne Fi Te Se Si

    and the ENFJ model:
    Fe Ni Ne Fi Te Si Se Ti

    the INFJ model
    Ni Fe Fi Ne Si Te Ti Se


    NFJ is Te > Ti; Si > Se
    NFP is Ti > Te; Se > Si

    On the other hand you are Fe > Fi; Ni > Ne, a J charasteristics.

    At first sight it looks close to an ENFJ pattern, yet is not.
    The E/I ambivalence is linked to the P/J ambivalence.

    It seems the ADD throws you off the rocker, as you say.
    That's a pretty unconventional extrapolation - what makes you think so?

    This is, I suspect, someone who would, in theory score higher on N and F, than on J or I/E. On the four letter tests.
    we fukin won boys

  2. #112
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    the INFJ model
    Ni Fe Fi Ne Si Te Ti Se

    NFJ is Te > Ti; Si > Se
    NFP is Ti > Te; Se > Si
    the only way i can make sense of that is if you're assuming i'm 100%, 100% F, and like 1% J.

    so the first 2 are INFJ functions, the 2nd two are INFP functions, then ISTJ, then ISTP.

    but it definitely doesn't work that way for everyone...

    did i interpret what you said correctly?

  3. #113
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    That's a pretty unconventional extrapolation - what makes you think so?

    This is, I suspect, someone who would, in theory score higher on N and F, than on J or I/E. On the four letter tests.
    Think what?
    And what would be the conventional extrapolation?

    Yes. E/I order is linked to the J/P order.
    NF >IJ.

  4. #114
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    the only way i can make sense of that is if you're assuming i'm 100%, 100% F, and like 1% J.

    so the first 2 are INFJ functions, the 2nd two are INFP functions, then ISTJ, then ISTP.

    but it definitely doesn't work that way for everyone...

    did i interpret what you said correctly?
    Yes.

    It is not one hundred per cent NF, though.
    The J tilts more than just one per cent..

    It should not work that way for everyone.

    Where you have the INFJ cognitive processes test results? If the order of the theory does not correspond with the order of the mean INFJ average test results then I am in the wrong.

  5. #115
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Yes.

    It is not one hundred per cent NF, though.
    The J tilts more than just one per cent..

    It should not work that way for everyone.

    Where you have the INFJ cognitive processes test results? If the order of the theory does not correspond with the order of the mean INFJ average test results then I am in the wrong.
    oh i didn't know you were talking about averages. i'm certainly not an average INFJ.

  6. #116
    Senior Member wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    oh i didn't know you were talking about averages. i'm certainly not an average INFJ.
    Principally, I was not talking about the mean average. I only proposed it as a possible means to check up the theory.

    I agree you are not an average INFJ.

  7. #117
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Think what?
    And what would be the conventional extrapolation?

    Yes. E/I order is linked to the J/P order.
    NF >IJ.
    Well what I ordinarily see is

    Ni, Fe, Ti, Se, Ne, Fi, Te, Si

    In all honesty I like yours better. It fits better with what I've observed in people.

    Actually, what I see most commonly, is the first two functions - the highly frequented ones - are dependable, and the others are jumbled. There's no particular order.
    we fukin won boys

  8. #118
    will make your day Carebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Actually, what I see most commonly, is the first two functions - the highly frequented ones - are dependable, and the others are jumbled. There's no particular order.
    I agree. They tend to gravitate towards a certain order (since e.g. high Ne often will go at the expense of Si etc), but it's often very jumbled, function order depending on upbringing, life experiences, work, life partners, age etc.

    As for the first two functions being dependable, I agree in principle, but for some reason I always get Ne higher than Fi on tests, even if I'm INFP (only marginally I, though, but no E.)
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

  9. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Asperger is just a discriminatory tool. I have been diagnosed with AS myself. You don't like someone ? Put a disorder to describe him. That's retarded.

    But I don't think this was really AS. I was misdiagnosed because :

    1. I have a low dopamin level.
    2. Most people I knew in these times were hostile to me, and I hadn't socialised with, for "survival" reasons (i.e. not wanting to be harmed), more than not wanting to socialise with. I'm pretty outgoing with friendly people.

    Be wary when talking with AS. Don't be too compliant on diagnoses.

    I think, all thinking types may be diagnosed with AS.
    ENTJ - LII - Intimate Five

    +++ PRAISE CHRIST +++ - don't be afraid : seek and defend the Truth with boldness.

  10. #120

    Default

    I didn't know about Asperger's until I joined this forum. After reading up on it, a lot of the symptoms actually seem to fit me. Can anyone outline what would differentiate Asperger's from love-shyness or social anxiety disorder? I'm not one of those people that sees a disease in the news and automatically thinks that they have it. I just think that if I could put a name to what is different about me then I'd feel a little less like a freak. Thanks!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] The Asperger's Appreciation Thread!
    By AgentF in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 10:25 AM
  2. Introductory threads encouraged!
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
  3. Geoff makes obligatory welcome thread
    By Geoff in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
  4. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO