User Tag List

First 123 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Introducing blind spot, Case Santtu.

Ok. I'll tell where I'm seeking a blind spot of mine. I'll write my case with many words, but I'll write much more concise to discuss it.

I'm quite motivated by reward. Still, I was very lazy in my childhood, but I managed to concentrate for the necessary time for mostly anything I needed to concentrate for. So I managed my life without being too organized. I managed most my life being essentially P.

I had troubles, and I had to organize. I noticed I had talent for it - but, I had talent for being spontaneous, I had talent for being organized. My organization was more directed to my understanding of some system, not as much to administrating it. I have been an utterly terrible adminstrator of anything for most of my life, until now.

Given all this information, I present this problem: I've long ago decided to go for a rewarding job, which I'm well capable of, talent-wise. Ok. 2 years ago. I've drawn countless plans, pictures and such showing that I'd better start working. I do work, I'm trusted upon, I can work. I do work. Sometimes I'm suspected as a workaholic. Some think I'm a hedonist.

I don't think I find satisfaction with the amount of progress and the amount free time I have available for me.

At the end of the day, I satisfy for less that I'd be capable of having. I don't do the work I intended to, not even the work I was looking forward to do.

I'm striving to be an engineer, it consultant (been that), system administrator (been that), top salesman (been that), but somehow I often act as if it didn't mean a damn, although when I dream of it, it sometimes feels good.

What's my blind spot?

And hell, I don't know what it is. I just guess there's a blind spot involved. What do you want to ask of me?

Edit: Btw. I had some satisfaction in those jobs, but I didn't work hard enough to keep them. I hate if my company forces me to work too hard. I've looked for greener grass on the other side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Your blindspot could be trying to live up to expectations that you put on yourself which were above and beyond the expectations of your occupations. Yet, they didn't fulfill what was expected in your occupations. You could very well be a p-ster.

Ever thought about hangin sheetrock? i'll bet some consultants, administrators and top salesmen couldn't last in something like that. Not because they don't try to liveup to expectations they have for themselves, but because they my not live up to expectations of the sheetrock hanging occupation.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Do you mean that I expect more of myself than I expect of my occupations, and the problem isn't my choice of occupation at all?

What about sheetrock? Do you mean I would underperform in an occupation I didn't really value, even if I had thought it would be good for me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmmm...your blind spot could be not clearly knowing your goals...or what would bring you satisfaction...you go after something you think fits but once in it relaize there are certain parts of it that you can't get motivated enough to do as well as you know you could if wanted to...

or is that completely obvious...maybe i'll reread it...maybe i'm just reiterating what you wrote.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ

I think my blind spot is related to my inability to accept the hard work I have to do in a given field, and that ability and general talent isn't enough.

Whatever I'd plan to do for a long time would really have to touch my desires, because that makes the most long term effect.

I think I'm more an adventurer at heat, more bourgeoise than I've accepted, more boheme than I've accepted, having grown up with strong engineer influences in my family. I'm tearing myself to every direction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

right...i'm the same way...i can do hard work all day and give it my all IF it's something i'm passionate about...but it's hard to find a career that you can feel passionate about every aspect....is that what you're saying?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ

I seek too much significance, when there is none.

But, I'm being too linear.

I'll close my case in a few moments. I'm not sure what to think of now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Goodstain, did you mean that I'm placing myself below the ideals of my dream jobs, which is why I feel "failing" at them? I had trouble understanding you, perhaps because you talked about something that might be my blind spot. Can't tell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

no. You were possibly placing yourself too far above your dream jobs. IMO. Ask yourself, were all those occupations that you've delved in, really dream jobs? If not, and only if not, what are a couple of dream jobs you would consider at this moment, having experienced those others?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Couple of dream jobs? Without going to specifics..

Something with lot of free time and sudden alerts to do some thing.
    Something where I can be alone for quite some time, arrange my time relatively freely, and people come to me to ask solutions for their problems - but they come humbly, not arrogantly. I'll help them nicely with my skills and know-how. I'll dive in and put all my skills, all my person to giving them solution.
    Something where I don't press extremely hard. No ISTJ style for me. I'll rather have time for life, friends and hobbies. I don't need that much money.

Problem solved. I was being led astray by vanity and desire to show off.

I *DO* enjoy the intellectual component in difficult jobs. I should never approach them from the point of view of money, though, because it's not my top motivator. It's more like lack of money is a learned shame for me. Good jobs are good for me, even some jobs where I work hard.

But, lesson learned: I've thought too much what I seem like to others, even though I thought I was immune to such considerations. Problem solved.

That was my blind spot.

THat's the 10th post about me too, the maximum allowed. Rest of the thinking I have to do alone. Thanks for this help. (Even if I were wrong about this finding).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]