User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ESfP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    My refrigerator makes a very very very quiet but high pitched sound. The only way you can hear it too is comical - upstairs in my sister's room lying in the bed. I tracked the @*#^ing the thing down to the fridge. Imagine my face at 4 AM glaring at the appliances and shaking tiny fists.
    Oh, this is so me. DH and DS2 have bad allergies, so we can't have carpet. We have hardwood instead. The amount of noise the thundering of tiny feet make drives me up. a. wall. It makes me want to hide with a pillow over my ears.
    "Every well-bred petty crook knows -- the small concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting."
    -Inara Serra

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Eowyn View Post
    Oh, this is so me. DH and DS2 have bad allergies, so we can't have carpet. We have hardwood instead. The amount of noise the thundering of tiny feet make drives me up. a. wall. It makes me want to hide with a pillow over my ears.
    It's amazing what noises - esp those picked up by sharp female ears - will do to your sanity. In my old house, we were surrounded by boulevards, train tracks and downtown urban sounds that all seemed to cancel each other or at least blend in. When we moved out here where we are now, it was so quiet I had trouble adjusting right away. Now, I'm so glad for the quiet.

During a recent but short power outage, I noticed how the quiet house got even quieter, and when the power was restored, I could hear small beeps, clicks, whirs, and mechanical noises all over the place like a bunch of baby robots waking up. lol

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I suggest a combination of assertively telling them to keep it down, or at least to designate certain "times" when it's okay to be loud, and the ear plugs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Jesus christ, this kid doesn't seem to get it. He watches tv like, 5 hours a day, then recites his french lesson on his laptop (terrible sound quality). I got pissed and asked him to do that in his room, and he got all mad. This stubborn INFJ is never gonna get it.

Edit: Now he's whistling. Why?