User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

I used to dimiss my hunches or whatever you want to call them because they weren't provable, but again and again they ended up being right even when other people were sure they were wrong. After while, I started going with hunches and finding the stuff to back them up with afterward. People would be impressed with my grasp of the situation -- I'm referring to work situations. Now I try going with hunches with interpersonal stuff -- often this isn't as effective, partly, I think, because people are so complicated and partly because oftentimes they don't know themselves well enough to understand their motivations, so they deny what I tell them.

I don't usually rely on my gut feelings since I'm never certain whether it'll be correct or incorrect. However conscious processing of information is always going to be much slower than subconscious.

I mean... Fear itself is a briliant example of intuition at work. The downside is if your intuition is off base. There's always rationality behind things though, even if it might not seem rational to your conscious mind.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Intuition is the ONLY thing I believe in. It's what I see and hear that I don't trust.

MBTI
    ENFJ

yes absolutely.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Well, I experience it, and I believe in it when the outcome doesn't involve other people. It's a means to devise trial-and-error experiments for me, which I consider as "empirical test" on correctness of my intuition.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I don't think intuition is a thing to believe or not. It simply is. I think there are much of scientific research of intuition these days. Intuition is quite opposite for rational thinking but it's no worse than rational thinking.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I never used to. That was until recently, about a year ago, that I started to believe that (perhaps) intuition had helped me in some ways, and impartially provided me the way forward... regardless that I virtually (always) considered myself sane, and in-control.

... Nowadays, I'm tended to follow my intuition, although I present a kind of 'how-what-where-who' attitude toward it. I don't fall for it, easily, whether for the better or for the worse.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I certainly believe Ni exists. I believe it is a form of subconscious thought that ties to the conscious mind.

Nearly all of my ideas are intuited, Te and Ti are used primarily to apply said intuition.

I do think Ne is quite a bit easier to explain than Ni though...
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    I used to dimiss my hunches or whatever you want to call them because they weren't provable, but again and again they ended up being right even when other people were sure they were wrong. After while, I started going with hunches and finding the stuff to back them up with afterward. People would be impressed with my grasp of the situation -- I'm referring to work situations. Now I try going with hunches with interpersonal stuff -- often this isn't as effective, partly, I think, because people are so complicated and partly because oftentimes they don't know themselves well enough to understand their motivations, so they deny what I tell them.
    You are very strong J Do you ever try to convince them of how they feel? I have done this before when I am extremely stressed and hit my ENFJ shadow.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Intuition is the ONLY thing I believe in. It's what I see and hear that I don't trust.
    I trust what I see and hear, I dont trust what people say