• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychoanalyze THIS

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
wtf does being a vampire have to do with sexual energy? :laugh:

They believe that some people are not necessarily blood drinking vampires, but are energy vampires. In other words, they need "host" people to live off their energy. They can walk into a room and supposedly "drain" it of energy. Naturally, there follows a subgroup of people who supposedly have to draw energy from a sexual source and consider themselves sexual energy vampires... :huh:

Night jobs that is. At the morgue and the blood bank.

:D

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think this can all be explained very logically.

Clearly, these people feel alienated, and probably hang out with themselves a lot. Chances are, they're probably funsuckers (lols) and/or are viewed as such by others. That tired/weariness can be attributed to the negative vibe or comments these people may give off.

If you stay up all night, you're going to be more tired in the day. If you stay up all night, and don't go out in the day much, you're not gonna be so used to light. To tie things back in with the solitude factor, it's quieter at night, there are less people, and less stimuli than in the day, so it's less anxious. This also ties in with the low tolerance for over-stimulation.

Some people don't mind the taste of blood, like it, whatever- some kind of biological condition or preference.

They feel stimulated and revitalized when they have sex because they never get any. It's a magical oasis. Or, you know, they could just really like sex.

There.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
(If you've convinced yourself you are a vampire, and you truly believe it, I'm betting it's pretty easy to convince yourself you like/need blood, whether you actually have a real preference for it or not.)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
The most famous modern vampire is probably Bear Grylls. (who, being British, obviously hasn't read the any of the US survival manuals ;))

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05kAymjz88"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05kAymjz88[/YOUTUBE]

syckkz

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
To me it basically sounds like these people are depressed blood-philiac's (Not sure exactly what that term is called).

Some people become so obsessed about things/subjects they start to convince themselves that the reason they are so attracted to a subject is because they have the same characteristics. .. some take it to extremes.

Also I think that the natural need for people to relate to one another, however fantasy the relations may be, can be another reason people start to think that way.

On a sidenote- The first "vampire" or Dracula according to Bram Stoker- Vlad the Impaler.. "killed not to feed, but to revel in his own power, and just for the sheer pleasure of seeing the suffering of his numerous victims."
Vlad the Impaler - Biography Pt. 1

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was started by trolls and sarcastic comments that weren't kept in check. I would find it hilarious to convince people that they are vampires, I'm sure there are people out there that would bother making entire pages of traits to suck people into it, pushing their luck to see how much they can convince people that being a vampire has something to do with microwaves...

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
^ Could be. I find it hard to believe that the podcast interviews I heard were people making it up. They meet in groups on a nightly basis and speak about the whole thing as if they take it very seriously. They also get upset with a lot of people who claim to be vampires, listing other medical/natural reasons why they might not be, etc and trying to make themselves out to be distinctly different. I think it'd be exhausting to keep up a practical joke on that kind of level, over an extended period of time, though I could see a website being started as a practical joke.