User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yep, me too. But then, by that definition I think like 98 percent of people would be E. Almost everybody needs external stimulation of some kind.
    I don't think so. It's true that most everybody needs external stimulation, but most everybody needs to reflect somewhat, too. We're just normally oriented towards one or the other as a preference.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah yeah i know what ya mean...i'm not saying i am introverted or even that i necessarily seem introverted just saying that some may describe me as quiet or soft spoken...which you don't usually associate with extraverts....just wondered how many other extraverts are that way, ya know?
    I'm on the same page as you actually.
    I notice many ENFXs I know in person (who aren't into MBTI) will claim introversion and even say they are shy because they are not the stereotypical loud, social butterfly extrovert. From my perspective though, they seem outgoing.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP

I need external stimulation sometimes to give me fresh input for the constant stream of reflection. Otherwise, it kind of cannibalizes itself. I also tend to get external energy from really loud music (of my choosing), a movie, shopping, observing others, etc. Socializing can energize me briefly, but there's a big crash later. Loud music that is imposed upon me or that is a style I don't like, big crowds (even if I don't have to interact with them), constant activity around me, all sap my energy immediately. When I lived in NYC, I never had any energy at all.
    Something Witty

See if these resonate with anyone:

"behaviour directed externally, to influence outside factors and events" (E)
    "behaviour directed inwardly to understand and manage self and experience" (I)

"preference for the outer world and one's own action and effect on it." (E)
    "preference for inner self and ideas to understand and protect or nurture it." (I)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Why didn't I think of that.
    Sure.

If it's in the MBTI books, then it simply must be true.
    Question nothing.
    You are not allowed to have independent thought.
    You must think only the thoughts of those who have gone before you.
    But didn't they help define in it terms of MBTI? I could be wayyy off on that one, though.

And whether or not somebody is social doesn't have any effect on whether someone is an I or E. You'd think people would pick that one up after a while.

Really? You'd like to argue that the definition they give is wrong? I see what point you're trying to bring up, but if anybody goes by the book, it isn't me. I was simply stating that nearly every book I've read, and a lot of what I have read online as far as definitions and fundamentals goes, that extroversion/introversion are how you draw energy.

And that's EXACTLY what I'm saying..or other people are, because I guess I'm just "think only the thoughts of those who have gone before me".

But certainly, I'm not stopping you from being a rebel. You go man! F the books, you make up your own stuff!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post

And whether or not somebody is social doesn't have any effect on whether someone is an I or E. You'd think people would pick that one up after a while.
    I agree.

Really? You'd like to argue that the definition they give is wrong? I see what point you're trying to bring up, but if anybody goes by the book, it isn't me. I was simply stating that nearly every book I've read, and a lot of what I have read online as far as definitions and fundamentals goes, that extroversion/introversion are how you draw energy.
    I think different people respond to different types of wording.
    That's when someone says: "ah-ha!"
    IMO, the larger the number of perspectives someone can gain on any matter,
    the better the outcome.

You'd be surprised how something simple such as E/I, can present a problem.
    People need to make up their own minds, rather than having some arbitrary result,
    shoved up their proverbial ass.

But certainly, I'm not stopping you from being a rebel. You go man! F the books, you make up your own stuff!
    That's me, rebel with a cause.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Yeah, I mean, people have the RIGHT to use words however they want.

But in order for people to actually discuss something, they have to speak the same language.

When discussing MBTI, I think it would be helpful to use MBTI terms as you find them in the original MBTI literature, rather than all these obscure personal definitions that no one can seem to agree on.

Agreeing on standard definitions does not limit discussion, it makes discussion possible.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I agree.

I think different people respond to different types of wording.
    That's when someone says: "ah-ha!"
    IMO, the larger the number of perspectives someone can gain on any matter,
    the better the outcome.

You'd be surprised how something simple such as E/I, can present a problem.
    People need to make up their own minds, rather than having some arbitrary result,
    shoved up their proverbial ass.

That's me, rebel with a cause.
    Agreed.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Agreeing on standard definitions does not limit discussion, it makes discussion possible.
    Once there are some standard definitions or at least some that everyone agrees on, we can actually discuss the topic at hand and not just the framework of the topic at hand!

Then again I personally find peoples' opinion on the framework interesting in itself but hey... it doesn't take much to distract a magpie eh

X.
    "Though this be madness, yet there is method in't."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

The reason why I said that we have a problem with introverted sensor group is because they are socially withdrawn and reserved. However they are quite focused on the outside world because of their sensing.

The problem with this definition is that someone who lives all his/her life alone in the wildness and survives by hunting animals, gathering eatabe plants and it is quite happy as a person is technically an extrovert. What simply don't make too much sense.