First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    why do you wanna convince someone of that? i don't get it it...and i just read my nojari thing...some of you people think i'm loud! i am so not loud.
    I'm not really interested in convincing you, just sayin'

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

How can you guys disagree with this definition? It is the foundation upon which Introversion and Extroversion were founded. Sure, you may not understand it, but it doesn't mean it's wrong? It means that your observation and idea of the definition is wrong.

It's in all the MBTI books, and over the web. Go look it up if you don't understand it.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Why didn't I think of that.
    Sure.

If it's in the MBTI books, then it simply must be true.
    Question nothing.
    You are not allowed to have independent thought.
    You must think only the thoughts of those who have gone before you.

Well, MBTi books might not be reliable, but a word means what it is defined as meaning; there isn't really room for debating that. If we want to say something else, we use a different word.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I know plenty of very very social and talkative Introverts.
    We can be in bursts, in the right setting, and on topics that we have many thoughts on.

The difference is, for every 10 minutes I am that way, it seems I need 20 to recover, no matter how enjoyable the exchange is. It's like an orgasm, there's this woozy afterglow period in which I just want to nap .
    It feels like so much is taken out of me to be that outgoing, but to casual observers who haven't seen my other side, it seems incomprehensible that I am usually reserved. These same people will get offended when I am in my natural introverted state, because they think I'm being stand-offish then.

I've known people who claim to be introverts because they need time alone, like to read, hate the phone, have moments of introspection, etc, but they are soooo not introverts. When they talk about their lives, it's going, going, going. Just hearing about it tires me, but to them their life seems very relaxed. It's hard to explain the profound difference I sense in these people, and I admit I feel some annoyance when they call themselves introverts.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I am more interested in whole type and functions, than definitive I vs. E. statements like that.

Lumping Fi, Ni, Si and Ti doms together into definitive and simplistic statements doesn't make sense to me.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I've known people who claim to be introverts because they need time alone, like to read, hate the phone, have moments of introspection, etc, but they are soooo not introverts. When they talk about their lives, it's going, going, going. Just hearing about it tires me, but to them their life seems very relaxed. It's hard to explain the profound difference I sense in these people, and I admit I feel some annoyance when they call themselves introverts.
    Extravert - "I'm introverted, I need alone time, I can stay in the house for days, not talk to people, etc."
    Introvert - "That's called being a person."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    finally? I've been saying this till I was blue in the face...
    Me too, I must have said this at least a hundred times. Thanks for bringing it up again Wonka! Very well explained IMO.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Extravert - "I'm introverted, I need alone time, I can stay in the house for days, not talk to people, etc."
    Introvert - "That's called being a person."
    Exactly, haha
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah yeah i know what ya mean...i'm not saying i am introverted or even that i necessarily seem introverted just saying that some may describe me as quiet or soft spoken...which you don't usually associate with extraverts....just wondered how many other extraverts are that way, ya know?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison