• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oh God Not You!

T

ThatGirl

So I have been reading "A Brief History of Time" lately. And looking into physics as it pertains to interpersonal communications.

Here is my Question:

Have you ever come across a "Black Hole"?

The person who absorbs all the energy in their surrounding environments.

How would you describe a black hole personality?

What type do you think the black hole person would be?

*I have multiple theories on this which I may disclose after observing a few responses.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I might be one of those, to be honest. If it's someone I don't know and they're making idle conversation, I tend to miss cues and openings and just kind of be blunt, driving the conversation into an absolute brick wall.

However, as for a general life-of-the-party sucking presence, I don't have one of those. I would assume it would be sad and outspokenly depressed people that put their emo stamp on everything, making sure there's as much awkward silence as possible.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I can see some people being like that when they feel threatened. I can't imagine why anyone would feel threatened here. This place comes across all warm and fuzzy, something like a petting zoo. Wouldn't you agree?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
However, as for a general life-of-the-party sucking presence, I don't have one of those. I would assume it would be sad and outspokenly depressed people that put their emo stamp on everything, making sure there's as much awkward silence as possible.

I know a girl who's like this sometimes. She doesn't try to, but when she's in a bad mood it's like she's giving off death rays or sucking up any neutral or positive statements directed at her and not putting anything back out. I hadn't ever thought about it in terms of being like a black hole but that would actually describe it pretty well.

I can see some people being like that when they feel threatened. I can't imagine why anyone would feel threatened here. This place comes across all warm and fuzzy, something like a petting zoo. Wouldn't you agree?
Haha this place is definitely a zoo of some kind! :tongue:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I have been reading "A Brief History of Time" lately. And looking into physics as it pertains to interpersonal communications.

Here is my Question:

Have you ever come across a "Black Hole"?

The person who absorbs all the energy in their surrounding environments.

*I have multiple theories on this which I may disclose after observing a few responses.

I think an unhealthy (aka "mad as fooking looney-tunes") ESTJ is capable of absorbing all energy in their midst and having nothing (good) come of it.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm not sure whether you mean someone who absorbs it in a bad way, as in, sucks it up and doesn't give any good stuff back out - a little stormcloud, that is, that brings everyone down - or someone who feeds off the energy and converts it to more energy and gives it back out again.

The phrase 'black hole' led me to believe the former...? Cos if so, there's nothing quite as depressing or party-pooping in my experience, as an ISFJ in a bad mood!

You couldn't really say ExxP's do this, realistically, cos really the last thing you can accuse us of is not giving energy out. Jesus, the amount we get accused of overwhelming people with giving too much of it out...!

WickedQueen

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Have you ever come across a "Black Hole"? The person who absorbs all the energy in their surrounding environments.

Are you talking about me?

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've had LOTS of bad experiences with INTJ's. I'll definitely vote them for "emotional black holes" and "warmth black holes"

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Black Hole personality: being an enigma, have a strong presense even though silent, can read what people think without saying anything, have an aura of influence and power that is silent and destructive. You mean kind of like this

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've had LOTS of bad experiences with INTJ's. I'll definitely vote them for "emotional black holes" and "warmth black holes"

To be honest, INTxs go far too unnoticed to really be considered black hole presences. The chances are, you won't even know they're there.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
To be honest, INTxs go far too unnoticed to really be considered black hole presences. The chances are, you won't even know they're there.

Amongst the general population maybe. But I'm an engineer at a place where lots of people have physics backgrounds. INTJ's are like 50-75% of THAT population.

Poppy, there are some balanced INTJ's, I think I've met like 3. The problem is all the like 50-100 other ones that I've met...Honestly though, I think physics attracts a certain kind of person [cerebral comes to mind first, non-social], and INTJ's I've met elsewhere have been MUCH better.

I've had enough "the thoughts in my head are more important than listening to you" and other experiences with INTJ's and others. "Why do you care about others??? They are just stupid unimportant minions who babble about their feelings and other stupid things"

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol, I think I agree.

family-guy-i-disagree-1.jpg