User Tag List

Thread: NLP??

Default NLP??

I am going to head off into NLP land with my entp friend.

Do you guys have good/bad things to report about it? Thoughts on it as a tool?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

NLP as in the Neuro-Linguistic Program?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

yes, sorry.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

No worries. I've heard of it, and know enough to recognize the acronym, but other than that, I know absolutely nothing about the NLP, sorry Ne-Monster, wish I could help.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    entp

its supposed to be a good tool for picking up girls

but yeah...i dont know anything about it

edit: just read wiki'd it...i can see where it would apply with establishing rapport with people

sounds interesting but too much work

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

A few friends and I studied the basics of it on a whim during business school. My ethics prof of all people recommended it. It was extremely interesting, and I have found many ways to use even just the basic tools and lessons from the field. Additionally, I have finally found a mentor in the field of Public Relations (a career idea I play with) and our first conversation revolved around these ideas.

What are you planning to use them for? What sources are you using?
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

it depends on your teacher. a LOT. it can be used to understand people better and to use it for personal development. but, yes, you can also use it as a tool for manipulating other people, e.g. picking up girls.

i personally chose the first option.

also, it was not much work at all!!! but now, when i'm thinking about it, it might have been so because NLP is all about principles, models and patterns - and i am an ENTP, so it's very easy.

so, a bit of abstract thinking might come handy
    good luck!

NLP is about cultiviating habits and getting rid of habits isn't it?
    It's sort of like cognitive behaviour therapy but sounds much more rapid from what I've read. My feelings on the whole matter...

Pro: You achieve the results if it works!
    Cons: I'd feel like I'm cheating myself. That it's a form of permenant hypnotism that I didn't solve myself, unlike CBT where I'm working out things.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    NLP is about cultiviating habits and getting rid of habits isn't it?
    yes, but the rapid results actually come from understanding the patterns not 'convincing' yourself somehow, i.e. hypnosis. they wouldn't work for long otherwise... or wouldn't work very well, at least.

but it really depends a lot on the NLP teacher. i was very happy with my own instructor as he really explained things in a NT way , but i have seen NLP courses with very different instructors with different attitude. NLP has sort of grown very wide, you see, and NLPists can have very different opinions and attitudes on the matter.

(i just noticed i speak so 'visually' even in english)