• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni and Si Doms: What does the internal world look like?

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
It doesn't look like anything. It's strong feelings for me.

sade

I'm having a hard time seeing my inner world as something of vast complexity and metaphorical haziness - I mean, I wouldn't describe it as such, but maybe others would see it in that way.

Probably this.

My inner world seems like a mess of fleating thoughts, interwined connections, possibilities of what might happen, emotion currents and what not. I have lots of 'stories' playing in my mind all the time and ponderings about random things and random connections.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
What's in this strange realm that you guys have dominant function access to? What are we missing? :)

Few days ago I took a bus from my workplace to home, and next to me came sitting a person who looked like someone I knew. Then I went on, and had an imaginary discussion with him. It lasted about 20 minutes. Does that count as a strange inner world.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
Few days ago I took a bus from my workplace to home, and next to me came sitting a person who looked like someone I knew. Then I went on, and had an imaginary discussion with him. It lasted about 20 minutes. Does that count as a strange inner world.

My guess for them is it is like a dream, but you are seeing it split and go off in different directions predicting what will happen to a percentage in which the largest percentage will branch out in 5 or more possible predictions.

I think we Si use, as our Superior function, our present experience of reality around us which may provoke a past experience, thought or feeling. Also we notice how things usually go and notice if something is not quite right according to our detail stored impressions.

Like I may notice although I interact with the same people on a daily basis, no to interactions have ever been the same, different moods, thoughts, states of mind, times of day. Now take into consideration that is only on one side with two people it will increase the depth perceptions of the moment. Gratefully I don't think like this all the time, sometimes I can just be very content within the moment, but still I am scanning my surroundings looking at what might be out of place or how I can make my area or environment around me much better.

There doesn't seem to be many Si around that use it as their leading function, other than Habba and me (or is it I?).

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Ni and Si by themselves can't represent our whole inner world. They are only perceiving functions.

Ni perceives by noticing patterns that seem meaningful to the individual. It is highly subjective but it works well in tandem with the judging function. It's noticing patterns all the time. Se lays out detailed information about the external world and Ni scans it for patterns. A lot of these patterns are stupid so my Te is there to monitor the irrational Ni and discard the stupid ideas and patterns. Every once in a while there's a jewel of realization, an amazing pattern which makes so much sense to me and it might be followed by an "aha!" or just an adrenalin rush because of the realization.

I can't talk about Si because it's not one of my strong functions but I can see a lot of what Eiddy wrote about in my mom and dad. They are the first ones to notice if something is off-beat. That's probably the reason why they don't like big change.

To conclude: the inner world is not only one function, it's all of our functions together. Everyone has an inner world. Someone's inner world is full of memories, someone's is full of patterns, experiences, possibilities, problems, solutions, feelings...