• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

All-or-nothing behaviours

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
How do you relate the all-or-nothing behaviours you've seen to different types?

I've seen both skillfully and amateurishly badly executed all-or-nothing behaviours.

Two xSFJ lady friends of mine both had the habit of being actively nice, trying to maintain image and atmosphere of niceness, but in a bit different ways. Other (suspected ISFJ) played down the reasons for disharmony, or invented some ways to handle them and to maintain nice atmosphere. When it became impossible for her to believe in the nice atmosphere anymore, she bursted and became the exact opposite.

The other (suspected ESFJ) was more aggressive in person, and not avoiding. Her style was to do a quick come-back to anything that challenged the mood she was in, and to resume whatever she was doing (which was being aggressively nice, most of the time). Then with enough interrupts to her mood, she went for all-out-war mode! She took it as a declaration for war if people saught different mood or goal than her.

You people are better than me to write in brief format. What all-or-nothing behaviours have you seen, and how is type related to those?

I throw a few shorts..
-ENTP, they're with you and excuberant, or they're away and forgotten about you.
-INTP, they're agreeable and relativistic, or on an intellectual crusade.
-ESTP, it's wild partying or working their ass off.
-ENFJ, it's developing the social order, or leading a revolution.
-xSFJ, it's about being nice or being aggressive about not being nice.

Disclaimer: I did not mean to describe that the said types are only that, only stereotypes. I just wished to say some characteristic behaviour patterns that I don't see so much in other types. All types are appreciatable to varying degrees by different persons. /end disclaimer

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, with INFJ's (at least me), I think we're either kind, advising, and capable of seeing multiple perspectives, or else we're taking a rigid stance and rebelling against reality and reason. (The two sides of which I think are well expressed in my signature) What do you think?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, with INFJ's (at least me), I think we're either kind, advising, and capable of seeing multiple perspectives, or else we're taking a rigid stance and rebelling against reality and reason. (The two sides of which I think are well expressed in my signature) What do you think?
It seems like INFJ are almost allways promoting mutual understanding on the basis on what good it might do to the social order and people's values. Sometimes it's about denying understanding that would have negative impact on current values.

Like an example, I as an NT notice that it might not be usefull to refer to IQ in converstations, because it is so controversial subject and evokes bad commentary. I still hold the position that IQ is a useful concept by itself and accurately reflects something that is true and relevant. On the other hand, I see xNFJ as someone who would invent a logical position on the subject, because s/he wants it that way, and then maintain that the position is true. Continuing the example, that would be saying that IQ doesn't exist (factual assertion), on the motivation that it would put people in unequal positions (value judgement).

So I would concur partly, tho I am not completely sure how the I/E plays out.

There is a mirroring phenomenon with NT. Most things that NT create are practical (standards, sciences, production methods). Those that are not, are insisted that they would be, if society changes/perception changes/people just understand/people would adopt different values. Hence, NT will sometimes insist on a thing being useful and practical without no actual realization of said concept. This is not completely "wrong", because many things are "marketed" in the world, pushed to the unappreciating audience. Not all products "sell themselves".