• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scariest nightmare

Atomic Fiend

When I was about 13, I had this nightmare that I was running through a dark alley, and a man was chasing me. I ran as long as I could, but he eventually caught me. Then he held me down, and... umm, I don't want to talk about it. :cry:

Let's just say I woke up screaming and covered in sweat. Worst dream ever. Probably the worst experience possible if happens to you for real.

I used to have a reoccurring dream like that, I can understand why you wouldn't want to talk about.

G

garbage

I never remember my dreams, but I remembered enough of last night's to completely worry about myself.

Somehow, my kitty had a fishhook through her mouth, which I was able to dislodge after some careful maneuvering and some pain on her part. She had another one jutting out from behind her eyeball that I couldn't move.

Other than that, I don't remember anything about it.

I think I need a hug :(

:huh:

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
i have terrible nightmares a lot :doh:

but one that i had about a year and a half ago was so bad, i haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.

i was in a hospital with a very old, practiced surgeon. he was just giving me a tour of the hospital, and showing me all the rooms for some reason :huh:, and then he led me to a room at the end of a long corridor. he opened the door and ushered me in, and in front of me lay about 200 beds? (heaps!!) with human bodies, clearly deceased, with sheets over them. all i could see was the feet. i was really freaked out, and looked at him, and he looked really happy and carefree. he then took me to one of the beds, and pulled back the sheet to reveal a human body with its head decapitated. he went over to other beds, and they were all the same. i was TERRIFIED at this point, and weirdly he seemed sort of excited.

i should possibly have been thinking at this point that he was mad and was going to try and kill me, but i didn't. it was really odd, i felt totally safe, only like he was trying to show me something i didn't want to see.

he then led me to a bed at the front of the room, where a young man (25-30 maybe) was sitting on a surgical bed in surgery robes. He had a really nice face, and looked really happy/ enthusiastic. he shook my hand, and smiled, and then started talking to the surgeon. i remember knowing that there was nothing medically wrong with him. he then lay down on the bed, and the surgeon placed a guillotine machine thing above his head. the young guy looked really excited, just like the doctor. then the surgeon pressed a button and the guillotine came down and sliced his head off.

i've read/ heard that when you're decapitated, you can still have consciousness for 10 seconds. no idea if this is true, but this is probably where the next part came from.

this is the bit that has haunted me for ages..

the surgeon picked up the young mans head, which was still alive, and held it up to show him all the other corpses around the room. the mans head smiled and laughed, and then the surgeon and the young man knew he was about to lose consciousness/ die, so he very roughly just shoved the mans head under the sheet covering his body.

and AS he did that, the mans head was still just alive, and still conscious as it was put under the sheet, and he just smiled and closed his eyes, totally accepting of his fate, and then just died.

lol.. this is getting really long!!

but!

the things that terrify me the most about this dream are

a) the willingness to die, and the treatment of it as a joke almost.
b) in the dream i knew instinctively that there was so afterlife.
c) that the man's still alive head was shoved under the blanket (abandoned) when it was still alive, and the last thing he would've seen would be darkness, and he accepted that and didn't care.

:cheese::shock:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
...I felt like I was drowning in a sea of men...

Hey guess what...

you-re-gay1.jpg

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
The worst I ever had was a wierd one. A day just like normal. My dad handed me his wallet and told me he was going to go on a walk. I followed him out the door and to downtown. He climbed a ladder on the side of a building and got to the top. And as he jumped off and his face smashed into the pavement, he bounced into the sky and disappeared. I dropped the wallet and woke up.

This was at the height of his depression a few years back, it was a very worrying time for me, and it's probably what brought on that dream.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many of my nightmares involve terrifying music. It isn't like when you see someone you know in a dream (where you see them, and even though they don't really look like anyone in particular - not much facial detail in dreams - you think "oh, it's so-and-so"); I hear the music note-for-note, exactly the way it goes in the real world. Another recurring nightmare theme, for me, is realizing that I'm going insane. My scariest nightmare combined the two themes. I don't remember most of it, but I remember that 1. I was going insane and was aware of it, 2. the beginning of a song from the Spirited Away soundtrack that had always scared me (Yubaba's Panic?) was playing really loudly in my head and I couldn't get it to stop, and 3. that I looked in the mirror and the person I saw was horrific and twisted and terrifying. My vision swirled, I fainted, and then I woke up. What made that one so bad, besides waking up scared for my sanity, was that it haunted my waking hours as well, for the next day or two.

My second scariest nightmare, conversely, was simple and not so effed up - it was that I was attacked by a wolf. I woke up and was irrationally terrified that a wolf would attack me in my room for about fifteen minutes.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I rarely remember having dreams, but here's a nightmare of mine that actually woke me up. :tongue:

I was dreaming that my younger brother and I were trying to bug our older brother. Our older brother had the door shut and my younger brother and I were knocking on the door and making goofy noises. Then a big thud came from the door as if someone had rammed into it from the other side or something. My younger brother and I just kept laughing and carrying on with the act (bad idea!). So then there is another big thud at the door and it opens. Instead of my older brother standing there, it was the Grim Reaper! Or... something of the sort. My younger brother started to scream, but he was not able to make a noise. Silent screaming I guess. :/ He kept screaming and staying in a frozen position like a deer in the headlights until his body started to turn into a zombie-skeleton thingy. It looked like the life was being "screamed" out of him. This freaked me out big time! But then the dream suddenly changes. Everything changes to look like a cut scene to a video game. But the characters in the video game were the Grim Reaper and I. We were getting married. WTF?? :shock: That part wasn't scary, but it was just.... WTF?!?! Before the ceremony began, I woke up and it was the middle of the night. :/

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A recurring nightmare that I had when I was little involved an endless circular staircase and no matter which direction I took on the staircase I sensed that there was a shadowy figure holding a knife coming after me. Of course I couldn't see them or where I was trying to escape to because the surrounding area was dark. It was just a constant sense of fear, anxiety and paranoia. I can remember waking up from these dreams and forcing myself to stay awake and think happier thoughts thinking that would make my next dream state a much happier one. I can't recall if my idea worked or not.:shock:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Some time ago I have created a similar thread so if someone is interested in the topic the link will be here.

LINK

wolfy

awsm
There was an home invasion in my house as a child. I was trapped over the washing machine about to be killed. I screamed, but no sound came out.