• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

beyond stressed,no break in sight

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
what do you do to keep from totally losing your sanity?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
If I'm short on time, I'll do a few quick jumping jacks to get the blood flowing, take a couple minutes to stretch, or do some slow, focused, deep breathing for a little bit until I feel more relaxed. Or if there's someone around to give you a shoulder rub, that's always nice too! :)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I really haven't found any constructive way to deal with extreme stress which actually work for me, so I'll keep my methods to myself. Hopefully other people will give you some good pointers.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I drink some caffeine - which gives me energy to do other things and ignore the stress (if I need to). Visiting a bookstore - a place that has nothing but soothing, positive associations for me - and reading for a while in a comfy chair is fairly certain to make me feel better. Many times I will work out intensely enough that all I have energy to do is sleep, or blast music loudly enough to make my car vibrate and rock out to it while I drive home. The most important element of what I do is that I take some time for myself, though. Alone.

If I truly have nothing left to give, I go to certain places - Horsetail Falls, the very top of Larch Mountain - in the middle of the night on a full (or close to) moon if possible and... just be.

BallentineChen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Drive my car to a remote area, turn up the music and scream at the top of my lungs until my throat is hoarse. It's kind of cathartic.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
what do you do to keep from totally losing your sanity?

Crank the music up and dance like a crazy person. Smoke far to much. Say out loud positive thoughts. Lastly, tell myself tomorrow is another day.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A spanking. :D

Yes, please!

As for what I do. Normally a weekend focused on Pness does the trick. Currently doing a few more days of Pness.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Laugh at it. Find the humor in what's stressin you. Works really good in traffic. What i'll do in traffic is, after i catch on to the pattern of what is stressin everyone on the road out, i'll put on my signal and just leave it on to add to the underlying humor of it all.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Man purpl. Great FP's think alike..

I was thinking about this on the ride home tonight..

I was thinking about something stressful in my life and was seriously laughing hysterically about it the whole way home. Then I got kind of serious and thought- "wow.. I guess when you're stressed beyond relief then the only thing you can do is let go. laugh at it.. go with it. there's nothing else you can do but hope for the best and try to change things!"

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Laugh at it. Find the humor in what's stressin you. Works really good in traffic. What i'll do in traffic is, after i catch on to the pattern of what is stressin everyone on the road out, i'll put on my signal and just leave it on to add to the underlying humor of it all.

+1 :yes:

It's not always achievable but most of the times I can laugh it all away. I have been accused of not being serious enough at times, but humour is my medicine.

Alchemiss

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6
Apparently my sanity is pretty tenuous ;) because I have a long list!

Get enough sleep, journal writing (also proprioceptive writing), go for a Trager Bodywork session, meditate (presently doing Centering Prayer), ground myself, go out in nature, stress defusions (I used to see a practitioner but now I can do them on myself), use the principles of ACT (Acceptance and Compassion Therapy, see this article for example: http://www.actmindfully.com.au/upimages/Dr_Russ_Harris_-_A_Non-technical_Overview_of_ACT.pdf ), e-mail a good friend, exercise (cardio and/or strength training), love up our cats, use the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT Home - World Center for EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques))...that's all I can think of at the moment.

I hope you feel saner soon!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eat, sleep and wine. A lot. Then pick myself up and keep on going.

Fixed.

When I really, really lose it cause of stress I have to disconnect from reality and get lost in my thoughts, relax, purge and break down if I have to, then understand and accept that everything is achievable and start trying to find practical solutions to what's stressing me. Thankfully this process takes hours not days for me.