First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I've noticed that I have two severe handicaps in my ability to deal with the world.

1. I don't know how to perceive opportunity in a given situation, or tend to rationalize it away as unrealistic, too good to be true (which it usually turns out to be).
    Maybe if you would be around that kind of person who does see possibilities would help you? I mean, the other person telling you about possibilities and you try to understand. And then actively try to see the possibilities in the given situation.

I'm not very good in explaining my ideas.... lol

MBTI
    INTP

Just because I'm not big on religion, doesn't mean I don't have morals. I believe in honest hard work. I believe people should never be ashamed of their living if it is honest money. If I can make money selling software and or trading that's great. If can make money consulting, that works too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Maybe if you would be around that kind of person who does see possibilities would help you? I mean, the other person telling you about possibilities and you try to understand. And then actively try to see the possibilities in the given situation.

I'm not very good in explaining my ideas.... lol
    I understand what you mean, and that would probably be very helpful.

You're saying I should learn how to see possibilities by hanging around with people who do see them, like xNxPs. That is something I'd like to do, but I don't have any friends like that at this point. Bet that would be helpful, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I've noticed that I have two severe handicaps in my ability to deal with the world.

1. I don't know how to perceive opportunity in a given situation, or tend to rationalize it away as unrealistic, too good to be true (which it usually turns out to be).

2. It's very hard for me to "just do" something. It's extremely hard for me to deal with being expected to continue investing energy in something that doesn't yield results the first several times I attempt it. My brain just starts going, "It's not working, let's try something else," and then I get extremely frustrated, angry, and confused when I realize that there isn't any other way to try... I'm just supposed to persist at the thing that isn't working despite having no good reason to think it will work.

I have a feeling that learning to do the first one would be much more beneficial in the long run, than continuing to attempt the second one very poorly in-between long fits of whining and inactivity... which only builds up frustration.

So, how does one learn to see things in terms of opportunities?
    Learn to find the loopholes in systems and then practice exploiting them. if you are unable to see them for yourself, research them. All the information you need is out there, you just have to dig for it. Also look at good ideas and businesses and figure out why they work. What is their model? Can you duplicate it or make it better? An ntp is great for helping with this. Look at the people around you and notice what they are good at. How can you put their skills to use? What ideas do you have and what roles do you need filled? All you have to do is find a way to make it a good proposition for them as well. Look for the useful side in everything and everyone.