User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Could it in fact be said that low IQ and also low EQ are as much a result of individual laziness (the motives for which could make interesting discussion), in a way, as they are down to nature/nurture arguments?
    Why would lazy not include nature/nurture arguments? It is important to note that we are all the sum of our environment and our genetics. While choice is subjectively important, large numbers show how much of an illusion it really is... that is, of course, unless people, in huge numbers, choose the same path from the same conditions knowingly.

In any case, in both cases, the answer is probably somewhat, but not "as much as".

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Why would lazy not include nature/nurture arguments? It is important to note that we are all the sum of our environment and our genetics. While choice is subjectively important, large numbers show how much of an illusion it really is... that is, of course, unless people, in huge numbers, choose the same path from the same conditions knowingly.

In any case, in both cases, the answer is probably somewhat, but not "as much as".
    Yeah that's why I said discussing the motives/reasons for the laziness would be a whole other discussion

EDIT - it might just as easily be down to low self-confidence as it is to laziness, or the laziness itself may be due to low confidence. They might not try because they don't believe they can succeed, and that in turn may be for any number of reasons.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen