• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the venture brothers

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm gonna post the types of the characters but i didn't want it to be all about the typology so i put it here.

there's actually some interesting psych. stuff. the show actually seems like a response to sigmund freud's perverted outlook flared up by modern popular culture, with maybe a little bit of absurdist/existentialist [kafka and his cronies are an obvious influence] thrown in.
but i'm just guessing about that.
i have written profiles on Dr. Rusty Venture and Brock Samson. i'll post those two when i get home, and i'll work on the other characters too.

anyway this show is freakin' amazing and hilarious so if you don't already, you should watch it. avidly.

dr. venture: INTP
brock samson: ISTP
dean venture: ESFJ
hank venture: ESFP
orpheus: INTJ

monarch: ENTJ
dr. girlfriend: ISFP
the henchmen: ISTJ*

pete white: ENFJ
billy quizboy: ENFP
baron werner underbheit: ESTJ
phantom limb: ESTP

that's basically everybody.

*the henchmen are actually one character.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
thaddeus venture

dr. venture
dr. venture is actually more like a brother than a father to the quarreling venture bros. impetuousness and ignorance accompany the longing for siblings which are only just made manifest in the slow-to-mature, only-child INTP.
his father [the original dr. venture - ENTP] was, an accomplished man -- a success. rather than inspiring his son, he actually overwhelmed him, perhaps believing too strongly in the boy's potential, eventually exposing him to things his psyche couldn't handle. inducing a staunch preference to seclude himself from the 'adventures' [like INTPs usually prefer anyway] the trauma brought by overexposure turned out to put Rusty at a disadvantage. his maturation was slowed as he was prohibitively damaged.

under the hood: rusty venture was forced to use an uncomfortable amount of iNtuition as a youngster [thank you, over-assuming ENTP dad] which, naturally for an INTP, induced a strong desire to withdraw where he could employ Thinking. so strongly did he withdraw that he actually managed to develop a well rounded Sensing faculty.
in the extroverted world, iNtuition dominates for INTPs. internally, Thinking has control. but in times of neglect and extended solitude [a sure-thing in dr. venture's case], Sensing is forced to assist Thinking in its tireless systematizing.
for INTPs though, the use of Sensing is almost exclusively confined internally.
where an ISTJ might be able to reach out with Si to discover what an apple is to himself, the INTP having no preference for Sensing to begin with has trouble with this, resulting in Sensing obsessing over the body, and henceforth, security.

choosing to be all alone made him even more scared of coming out into the world.