User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP

My ISTP impresses me all the time. Not just with his knowledge and how in touch he is with his physical surroundings, but also his determination and quiet resolution. Funny story: few weeks ago he came over and we were clearing out the shed. Found an adult sized pogo stick that us lot gave up on, having not managed to get a single bounce out of it before falling off. ISTP picks it up and figures he's gonna have a go. Gets two jumps first time. Within 10 minutes, he's got 15 jumps, even though the pogo stick's air compression springy type thing is badly in need of pumping up. Few days later he turns up with a pump, sorts it out, and doggedly stuck at it, in the blazing heat, til he'd done about 30 jumps.

I was so impressed, I joked "Oooh you're sexy when you get all determined!" But for an instant there, I was almost turned

Knowledge is quite hard to impress me with... understanding and insight though, impresses me. And good human qualities like patience, compassion, willpower, kindness and faith (not necessarily in supernatural stuff). And competence.
    Ils se dÔŅĹmerdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Knowledge is quite hard to impress me with... understanding and insight though, impresses me. And good human qualities like patience, compassion, willpower, kindness and faith (not necessarily in supernatural stuff). And competence.
    Same. I envy people with a 'go do it' attitude because I don't have it. I'm impressed with their ability to get off their butt and do something. It's been so easy for me to impress teachers and parents with half-assed work that I've gone and got myself stuck in neutral (or first gear).

Not very hard, i like people, i like to know how they tick and as i am usually a good judge of character if i think your a dodgy character, goodbye.
    Saying that though i am always on guard, so you'll only see what i want you to see and i will keep you at a distance until i feel safe to let you in.
    I'm very much this way, too. If I like you it isn't too hard to impress me (I am in no way discriminating about anything), but if you're sketchy it will be very unlikely that I'll even be polite to you. People know when I don't like someone.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Enneagram

Generally, it's very difficult to impress me.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

It's hard to impress me. I often feel bad about it too. I don't know how to act to make the person feel like I'm impressed without overdoing it. When people feel like they can't impress you, I think they get the vibe to just stay away from you. It kind of sucks.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    It's hard to impress me.
    I often feel bad about it too.
    Why do you feel bad? Your standards are your standards. Why should you compromise them for anyone?

I don't know how to act to make the person feel like I'm impressed without overdoing it.

Say something like, "Well done"?

When people feel like they can't impress you, I think they get the vibe to just stay away from you. It kind of sucks.

Some people "need" external validation. I wonder if they confuse your lack of being impressed with rejection?
    Comments are bolded in the quote because I'm lazy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    As the title says : How hard is to impress you ?

What kinds of things impress you ? Are they more physical in nature or ideas are more likely to impress you ?
    The passion for humanity, walk the talk, honesty, and loyalty.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Not hard at all.
    I literally try to consciously not be impressed by some characteristic of a person, any person, because I always am and it's a bit worrisome.
    Even on this forum, my mind is like, "Wow, I like how honest they are, wow, their avatars are amazing, wow, she's so friendly, etc. etc." When I get in arguments with people, I'm still thinking, "Wow, it's cool that they stick with their views so adamantly, even though it's a pain in the ass."
    Very worrisome.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

Phantonym

It is not that difficult to impress me when I'm in a good mood and my "people-channel" is open. People's efforts to impress others merely amuse me and I dearly love to laugh (possibly with them but most probably at them). But if I'm caught off guard, it's really the simple little things that impress me the most. Things that are not that obvious and forced, and not used solely to impress others.

People being themselves, open-minded, sincere, with a good (or bad) sense of humour and tons of wits. People who are able to overcome themselves and their fears without advertising it loudly to the rest of the world. People who make a conscious decision and stick to it, but not at the expense of others. I admire that a lot.

When I'm not in that good of a mood, I couldn't care less about other people...

Humour.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

It is quite difficult to impress me (especially when it comes to people).

Things that impress me are:

1. When someone expresses themselves in a different way than I do yet, at the end, their ideas are the same.

2. Decisive people who can get things done.

3. Nice people.

4. People who remind me of myself.