User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Gender Roles

MBTI
    I

Question 4: T men, how does the world treat you compared to F men?
    Can't relate to any F men, but probably the same. I honestly think the way you're treated has more to do with Introversion vs. Extroversion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Question 3: F women, how does the world treat you compared to T women?

probably with more acceptance, but with less respect.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't have time to read all the responses yet, but it's interesting to see some of them.

I'm 1. Being a T girl is really problematic for me a lot of the time. I love jewelry and lace and I am very sentimental, but I don't have an easy time hugging people, touching people while they are talking, giving compliments spontaneously, etc... Many of the things girls do naturally have to be planned if I am going to do them, because my natural mode of showing admiration to a guy, for example, is by wanting to talk more about what they are interested in and get a really good conversation going. This by itself tends to not go over big. I also have kind of a round face (people tell me I have a baby face) and I actually can be rather giggly when talking to people if I'm having a good time and feel like we're getting along well, so it seems to be disconcerting when they realize I am so analytical about everything. It's probably worst with girls my own age, though. Oh well... Once people have been around me for a while they usually realize I am quite friendly despite my unfortunate aloof seeming exterior and I do have a lot of friends of both genders and all ages. I'd rather have it be easier to make good first impressions, though.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato

MBTI
    enfp

my f roommate, me and her have total role reversal right now lolz

i came home from the sauna w my friend just to get her seafood island pizza, bc I promised her i would get it yesterday. but she's not that hungry and hasn't eaten it.

i feel like the mom who waited at home with dinner for the husband that came home late and already ate. lolz

i dunno if this relates, my bad if its off topic. im not very aware right now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    probably with more acceptance, but with less respect.
    Good point. T women get crap about not being feminine enough and F women get crap about not being logical enough to be held to a man's standards.

heart on fire

As Fi dom and very introverted, I've always been considered too cold and too quiet for female ideal. Conversely when I do show emotion I am told I am too sensitive. If I open up and talk then I am "too intense" So there's just no winning there. In my offline life, I've never been criticized for lack of logic and I am usually thought of as relatively smart----somehow---- so I can't say that being F I've recieved any less respect in that area in offline life. My N seems to come through for me and I can fake people out on the smartness/logic issue. No, most often I've been told I don't show enough to be "feminine."

I agree with ChosenOne, I verse E has a lot to do with how the world views one.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Question 4: T men, how does the world treat you compared to F men?
    I feel as though being a T male is the only socially acceptable preference that I have. There seem to be biases against I, N and P in society ... at least American society. I don't know any F males, but I imagine they might have it a bit more difficult when people try to project the sterotypical male T role on them. I would imagine many of them have socialize to the extent where they can fake T pretty well however ... just as I fake E, S and J from time to time.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Question 3: From what I see, men are very forgiving, and despite what type of woman you are, there are some men who will prefer your type (and some not). So, F or T, it doesn't matter. You just have to find the right person. But as far as traditional gender roles go, it seems to depend on where you live and personal values, how much those are being practiced or have changed.

heart on fire

^ But to be clear, the thread seemed to be about how the "world" treats you and not specifically about how lucky one is with the opposite sex. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I feel as though being a T male is the only socially acceptable preference that I have. There seem to be biases against I, N and P in society ... at least American society. I don't know any F males, but I imagine they might have it a bit more difficult when people try to project the sterotypical male T role on them. I would imagine many of them have socialize to the extent where they can fake T pretty well however ... just as I fake E, S and J from time to time.
    Yes, my husband can present a T exterior very well. He can't do the extrovert fake very long though. But he got massive lack of respect from his mother growing up. She shamed him as being not masculine enough and she also shamelessly exploited his Feeler side to provoke his guilt. His siblings followed her suit.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

My mother's a T, and she's tougth enough to scare the crap out of any man, no matter how lewd or drunk he is. I've seen pictures of her when she was young, and she used to be quite the blonde hottie. *shudders.*