User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Default How this makes you feel ?

If you don't mind I would like to do a little psychology test using a video and a philosophical topic.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ZnUmUxvWo&feature=related"]A Short History in Nuclear Arms[/YOUTUBE]

What was the efect of this video on your emotional state ?
    Why your answer to the last question is what it is? Is it because of the ideas in this video or is it because of artistic impression created with a mix of picture and music in the background ? (or both/something alse)
    (I am especially interested in opinions of NJs)

MBTI
    NICE

Frustrated.

Embedding is disabled.

Phantonym

Watching this video was far from pleasant, as you can imagine. Because this was real, it really happened. I feel saddened because human kind is capable of doing horrible things even if very little is actually gained. But, at the same time, the power displayed is also fascinating. Again, because it is created by mankind. The idea of total destruction at the push of a button is...interesting. The simultaneous powerfulness and helplessness of human race.

I think it's the combination of both the ideas in the video and the artistic impression. The way the music and the images were combined emphasized it a great deal more.
    I definitely grimaced during the part when the lyrics had "rotten flesh" and the image of a burning body displayed during that. This made it very real.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    If you don't mind I would like to do a little psychology test using a video and a philosophical topic.

What was the efect of this video on your emotional state ?
    Why your answer to the last question is what it is? Is it because of the ideas in this video or is it because of artistic impression created with a mix of picture and music in the background ? (or both/something alse)
    (I am especially interested in opinions of NJs)
    Well, I'd say the first 2 replies to this thread had an effect on my attempted emotional state, as I felt I was expected to feel a certain way. As I watched the video, all it did was trigger Si and Ne. I didn't "feel" emotional. As I watched the video, I thought of older video games I used to play that took place during war eras, such as Battlefield 1942, Vietcong, Soldier of Fortune, etc. I was just like...oh, cool planes!

But, then as the video went on and I listened to the lyrics, I couldn't make out some of the lyrics, but it sounded like one of the lines was, "Has the world become a battlefield"? My first thoughts were, "We're capable of this destructive power, but everyone still has their own free will to create this stuff. That's where you sit and hope the person has the kind of morals to refrain from mass destruction. Still, it's just a matter of outsmarting other people to either use the weapons or stop the person from using the weapons." Then, it frustrated me thinking about the destruction and turmoil that happens in the world as a result of conflicted opinions. That's what depresses me. "I'm going to blow up your country...because we disagreed!"

Anyway. I know you wanted NJs, but that's the ISTJ opinion. It mostly made me think about some experiences I've had with NFPs that think I'm fucked up for not having intense feelings of sorrow watching the movie. I prefer my analysis.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Well, I'd say the first 2 replies to this thread had an effect on my attempted emotional state, as I felt I was expected to feel a certain way. As I watched the video, all it did was trigger Si and Ne. I didn't "feel" emotional. As I watched the video, I thought of older video games I used to play that took place during war eras, such as Battlefield 1942, Vietcong, Soldier of Fortune, etc. I was just like...oh, cool planes!

But, then as the video went on and I listened to the lyrics, I couldn't make out some of the lyrics, but it sounded like one of the lines was, "Has the world become a battlefield"? My first thoughts were, "We're capable of this destructive power, but everyone still has their own free will to create this stuff. That's where you sit and hope the person has the kind of morals to refrain from mass destruction. Still, it's just a matter of outsmarting other people to either use the weapons or stop the person from using the weapons." Then, it frustrated me thinking about the destruction and turmoil that happens in the world as a result of conflicted opinions. That's what depresses me. "I'm going to blow up your country...because we disagreed!"

Anyway. I know you wanted NJs, but that's the ISTJ opinion. It mostly made me think about some experiences I've had with NFPs that think I'm fucked up for not having intense feelings of sorrow watching the movie. I prefer my analysis.
    I said that I am especially interested in opinions of NJs (because of Ni) but I am interested in all replys people are willing to give me.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I said that I am especially interested in opinions of NJs (because of Ni) but I am interested in all replys people are willing to give me.
    I kind of did it also to be annoying. :P It was honest, though!

What was the effect on my emotional state?
    Irritating.

The video represented man at his worst:
    A perpetual state of stupidity.

MBTI
    xxxx

I'd say any emotional effect from that video on me was from the "music" (if you'll call it that) playing in the background.

I took that video dominantly though my Si. My mental state was mostly "I've seen that footage before" or "That particular explosion was merely a test." (And, of course, the occasional "Reminds me of using nukes in a video game.")Like Raz, I can't say I "felt" anything.

As a final note, another thing in my head was how poorly the video was done. What was the purpose of the two groups in gas masks shooting at each other, again? I suppose there could have been some message such as "Once we blow the whole world up, we're going to keep fighting, even if we have to do it in gas masks." While the concept behind that shot may be valid, it could have been executed better.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Irritation. Disgust.

The conveyed attitude of crass, adrenaline-pumping music paired with the back to back images of death is just mind numbingly careless. I'm not impressed by anyone who gets their jollies from mass destruction of others, or by those who entertain themselves by admiring power without keeping in mind that it came at the cost of others. It makes me think, "Seriously, folks, whatever happened to the mean kids burning ants with a magnifying glass for fun? If it's display of power you want, go play on a golf course in a thunder storm."

Curiousity/Concern for the individual who put it together.

Irritation because I hate bad techno.

Pain from those who suffered.

There you have it. The self-righteous anger of a provoked idealist.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Very little if any effect. Throughout the vid I was thinking that this topic may have a bit more cultural bias than average. I was also thinking "interesting music". And watching the purty explosions. And I'm pretty sure my mind wandered away from the vid quite a bit.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin