User Tag List

First 234

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Ah alright.

From a psychological point of view. I find it educational and important. Not emotional but factual.

I suppose some people, prefer to exclude themselves from such topic as to not confront themselves with such horror and grief. To try and protect themselves from these atrocities. Perhaps because they might feel as if they won't be able to live a happy, and safe life. The thought of it potentially happening anywhere. That we have the capability to wipe anyone out of existance in the blink of an eye. Might weigh so much on a person's shoulders that for them it is best to forget these things happen as much as possible. To prevent themselves from thinking about it. So they do not need to deal with such information in their daily lives. Putting up an emotional protective shell.

I'm not saying that is a wrong thing to do. I'm sure for some people that is probably the best course of action. In the end, everyone deserves a chance to live a happy life. But for me that wouldn't work. I want to be confronted by this. I want to learn from this. I want to know humanity's potential and I am not afraid to sample this. For good or bad. It's a most intruiging subject for me personally.

I think that's the best I can explain on my psychological aspect as well as my assumption on the psychological aspect for those who don't feel comfortable or avoid thesr topics.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    The main reason why I have actually opened this topic is to ask why people(majority) feel so uncomfortable having conversations about this kinds of things. (things that include alot of dead people in the process)
    Hmm, I'm not uncomfortable discussing dead people, war or bombs. I dont find it traumatising, to be honest the soundtrack and explosions meant that I associated it with entertainment and the terminator movies actually.

MBTI
    SEXY

Turned it of halfway out of not being interested. Gave me a unfamiliar feeling of sorrow as I realized I could never get back those 2 minutes.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Reminds me of BlueWing's post...

Considering I'm pretty far back in the thread I guess participating is moot now
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INFP

Made me feel sad and a bit despondent, but anything of this nature tends to have that effect on me. Didn't watch the whole thing. Figured I got the point.

Just for the record, I don't avoid discussing things I consider morbid unless they are highly irreverent and offensive.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Didn't really feel much of anything. Only that the song wasn't too interesting. I think the internet made me desensitized to most violence and shock videos/images.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Hmm. I suppose the difference for me is simply that I don't set the deaths of everyone else who dies all the time to music and watch it for funsies.
    It was because the creator of the video did this that I actually laughed as I watched it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I was awestruck. I've seen a bunch of those bideos before, and they always leave me awestruck and completely aware that humanity needs to get their shit together before fecal matter hits the oscillating unit. =)
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;