• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you sometimes overthink things, making them into problems?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Do you sometimes over think certain things, and unintentionally make them into much larger problems because of your overthinking?

Wade Wilson

MBTI Type
INTP
If by sometimes you mean always, and by things you mean everything, then yes, yes I do.

Gioolia

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes. If there are no problems my life gets boring, so yes, I usually and mostly unconsciously take even the simplest conversation and overthink that into a problem.
And when there is a problem (even if it is a fake one) I start making up hypothesis and what ifs and I end up sabotaging my every relationship.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, my days eventually starts feeling kind of 'boring' when there are 'no' problems - so I tend to bring problems onto myself by thinking them, some times - particularly when it's thinking about something I really want, or someone I really want to be with... and then, the steering wheel goes back to normal, and I do it again.

... But that can be overcome with with prayer - in my instance, and (generally) keeping yourself busy.

Only damn problem with that is, imagine I actually do get what I want, or get to be with someone I like to be with... that moment of joy always seems to make me feel a little tardy, too.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
As I told you in ventrillo before, a word like oversinking does not exist !

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
If by sometimes you mean always, and by things you mean everything, then yes, yes I do.
HAHA, gotta LOVE the INTP answer. Way to go. :D

Sure, happens sometimes. Mostly because of doubts. If you have enough trust in something or somebody, it doesn't happen too much though. At least so I noticed.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Do you sometimes over think certain things, and unintentionally make them into much larger problems because of your overthinking?
Overthink does not make things into problems.
The problem precedes overthink.
The thing precedes the problem.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Yes. Anyone who knows me pretty much defines me by this quality.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Only when I'm dealing with a problem in an area of life I'm not very confident in. Ex. I can easily overthink relationships, but rarely work-related problems.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
When it is not something I can resolve and therefore move on from - something that involves letting time tell, or when it is something I care about greatly and is in another's hands... yes.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I turn a problem into a greater problem by merely thinking about it. It means I discovered an aspect of the problem I had not seen prior and am glad I have seen it now so I can properly battle the problem with the proper knowledge.

I don't over-think in my opinion. Ever. I don't think it is possible. But other people will probably disagree and believe I over-think a lot. But that goes two ways anyhow, I am of belief they don't think enough, so.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
When it is not something I can't resolve and therefore move on from - something that involves letting time tell, or when it is something I care about greatly and is in another's hands... yes.

This (fixed).

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The only realm that I know for sure over thinking has been a problem for me is in the social realm. Ehh, there's probably dozens of other realms....

I might be pretty stubborn about my over thinking. I'm an INTP... what else am I suppose to do?

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I might be pretty stubborn about my over thinking. I'm an INTP... what else am I suppose to do?

Possibly not use a personality type ye happen to fit in with as an excuse for behaviour that makes you unhappy or aggravates you, and not allow it to stagnate your growth.

This statement only applies if you actually consider it something you might wish to change, mind. And this isn't a jab t'ye. :yes:

Saffronsocks

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, my days eventually starts feeling kind of 'boring' when there are 'no' problems - so I tend to bring problems onto myself by thinking them, some times - particularly when it's thinking about something I really want, or someone I really want to be with... and then, the steering wheel goes back to normal, and I do it again.
Desire is such a culprit for this! I can usually manage to make problems disappear by just imagining them... wisping away out of my head. But when I'm really into something and I can't stop thinking about it... then the thoughts create problems to combat boredom! So yes, I do know what you're talking about.
... But that can be overcome with with prayer - in my instance, and (generally) keeping yourself busy.
prayer and exercise - both the least and most grounding things to do, and both excellent advice. :yes:

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
Yes, especially when I'm trying to make decisions. D: The only reason they turn into problems, though, is because it prohibits me from deciding. Especially if it's crucial that I do. Like life or death or something.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My problems are usually caused more by the UNDERthinking. :blush: