First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

My memory. I don't think it exists. I haven't found it yet. O.o

Not to mention my ISTJ mother and ESFJ sister accuse me of being in my "own little world" half the time. I tune people out without realizing it. It's awful. Plus I lose everything I touch...
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Every piece of dust in my house has proper spot, cause otherwise I'd never leave the house trying to figure out where I left the front door.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I think it's very hard to differentiate between someone who does stupid stuff because they have no thought or because they have no practical thought. Does it really make a difference? (Not trying to be an ass rat, I'm just curious).
    I don't think it's that hard to tell between someone with a heavily occupied mind versus someone with an empty mind. But maybe with INTx's, we can be so stone faced and non expressive that it can look like nothing is going on beneath the surface. We often make very little effort to express our current states on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "So, how old are you i can't figure it out...".
    "I'm 23. no, wait! Sorry i'm 24. NO!! Wait s*it! Sorry i'm 25... oops"

it can be annoying, but people seem to be used to it and thankfully accept me for my transgressions
    Oh yeah I do this too. I think I've mistakenly said I was 18 and 21 most of the time, because turning those ages in particular gets so imprinted in one's mind.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I probably come off as a ditz because my memory is so craptastic. It's not even funny.
    What's worse is that I'm half Asian and sometimes wear glasses, so I think this makes some people assume I'm all intellectual or something.
    And then they're sadly disappointed.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ENTJ

Absent Mindedness is a strong quality, for it enables detachment with the world and the ability to process information conceptually. This gives one both the ability to remain unaffected by the environment and to think about future consequences of an existing situation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5/6w
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm so glad to know that I am not alone. The only thing that helps me remember is to make my life as simple as possible, but I can't make it too simple because then it gets so boring I forget because I am out of the swing of things (make sense??).

It does not help that I am madly in love with an INFP. When we get together, hell, we forget that we forgot to remember! We have both been in previous relationships where the other person remembered for us, so when we first got together it was a disaster. Now we just constantly say,"remember to remind me..." LOL!!!

Sorry. What was I saying???

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I hate it when other people's abscent mindedness effects me, its not as bad as vane thoughtlessness or outright anti-social behaviour but all the same.

I tend to operate in a highly cogniscent/conscious sort of way, I dont get lost in thought and quickly process, plan, react quickly whether its crossing a road when pedestrians are crossing the other way, towards me or something more significant.

And I heartily wish that this sort of pattern of thinking and acting where more widespread, then at least I'd have less people walking into me when I cross the street. I dont know what it is but there seems to be a lack of development of any sort of deep theory of mind among most people I meet.

Presently I theorise that its a result of competing or at variance multiple intelligences, ie someones emotional intelligence, social intelligence, IQ etc. all not operating harmoniously. I think that in part from theorising and in part from when I've worked with people who act in totally dumb ways which are either immediately or eventually against their ultimate interests, its not that they've not thought about it, its not that they arent thoughtful but that their thinking is taking a totally different path, ie irrational emotionally charged assumptions, lousy guess work based on generalisations from pretty limited previous social experiences.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5/6w
    Socionics
    IEE

"Reconstruct the world by reconstructing your mind."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I hate it when other people's abscent mindedness effects me, its not as bad as vane thoughtlessness or outright anti-social behaviour but all the same.

I tend to operate in a highly cogniscent/conscious sort of way, I dont get lost in thought and quickly process, plan, react quickly whether its crossing a road when pedestrians are crossing the other way, towards me or something more significant.

And I heartily wish that this sort of pattern of thinking and acting where more widespread, then at least I'd have less people walking into me when I cross the street. I dont know what it is but there seems to be a lack of development of any sort of deep theory of mind among most people I meet.

Presently I theorise that its a result of competing or at variance multiple intelligences, ie someones emotional intelligence, social intelligence, IQ etc. all not operating harmoniously. I think that in part from theorising and in part from when I've worked with people who act in totally dumb ways which are either immediately or eventually against their ultimate interests, its not that they've not thought about it, its not that they arent thoughtful but that their thinking is taking a totally different path, ie irrational emotionally charged assumptions, lousy guess work based on generalisations from pretty limited previous social experiences.

Allow me to correct your spelling and grammar! Bolded words and punctuation are corrections.

I hate it when other people's absent mindedness affects me, though it is not as bad as vain thoughtlessness or outright anti-social behaviour, but it is all the same.

I tend to operate in a highly cognitive/conscious sort of way, I don't get lost in thought and quickly process, plan, and react quickly whether it is crossing a road when pedestrians are crossing the other way, towards me, or something more significant.

Also, I heartily wish that this sort of pattern of thinking and acting was more widespread, then at least I'd have less people walking into me when I cross the street. I don't know what it is but there seems to be a lack of development of any sort of deep theory of mind among most people I meet.

Presently I theorize that it is a result of competing or at variance multiple intelligences, i.e. someone's emotional intelligence, social intelligence, IQ etc. all not operating harmoniously. I think that in part from theorizing and in part from when I've worked with people who act in totally dumb ways which are either immediately or eventually against their ultimate interests, it is not that they've not thought about it, it is not that they aren't thoughtful but that their thinking is taking a totally different path, i.e. irrational, emotionally charged assumptions and lousy guess work based on generalizations from pretty limited previous social experiences.

Remember, conventions are essential for good writing!
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

If it matters to you yeah.

That was a bit of a winding, rapidly typed post, interesting how my temperament and style has altered since then. I think the forum has changed a bit since then, less hostile, more open, for a long time I just lurked. Also that could have been one of the times I was suffering from acute stress. Interesting to look back and see.

The use of "s" and "Z" is a UK-US english conventional difference, I doubt you can correct that.