User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Valuable research you could contribute to

Seems like since we have a community where we discuss type we would be well placed to produce something of value using the resources we possess. Namely, a large number of members. We could be producing various organized surveys that could reveal commonalities among types and relationships with other personal characteristics:

1. For example, collect height and weight and gender data from members and see if there is any relationship between type and height and weight.
    2. Collect data on the prevalence of corrective vision and type. (I have a theory that seriously myopic individuals are more likely to be introverted.)
    3. Collect data on birth order and type.
    4. Collect data on childhood exposure to alcoholism and type.

Etc.

We could proceed very easily with any of these topics and we could place them in a specially moderated forum. Do you have any ideas?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Do you have any ideas?
    Are you baiting some TJs to do all the work for you?

I'm sure there are people here interested in sociology who could whip up a good questionnaire.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Don't tempt me.

I'm nearly done with the other one I'm working on.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Seems like since we have a community where we discuss type we would be well placed to produce something of value using the resources we possess. Namely, a large number of members. We could be producing various organized surveys that could reveal commonalities among types and relationships with other personal characteristics:
    An excellent idea of virtue.

2. Collect data on the prevalence of corrective vision and type. (I have a theory that seriously myopic individuals are more likely to be introverted.)
    Irregardless of type, there is existing evidence that the degree to which a society is industrialized/educated the incidence of myopia increases. As an extreme example to the other pole's direction, there is almost ZERO incidence of myopia in the Innuit population. Their dinner is on the horizon, therefore they keep their focus near and far from early childhood into adulthood. Western societies are composed of people who must buy their dinner at a supermarket, which costs money, which is easier to come by the better you are educated, which requires reading alot of books from a young age, which forces your eyes to focus at arm's length or less, which fosters development of myopia.

And all these years I thought I was nearsighted due to excessive masturbation when younger...

3. Collect data on birth order and type.
    My first guess:

First Born = Extrovert

Middle Children = Introverts and Extroverts (Middle children are often peacemakers)

Youngest Child = Extrovert (Life of the party, bringer of good times, all the world is a stage...)

4. Collect data on childhood exposure to alcoholism and type.
    My guess, since alcoholics can be wrathful, greater chance of introversion, conflict avoidance issues, lack of communication issues, lack of assertiveness, etc. from kids with extreme and abusive alcoholic parent(s).

We could proceed very easily with any of these topics and we could place them in a specially moderated forum. Do you have any ideas?
    Yes.

Is it not necessary for the case mix of our members, or at least those that participate in these clinical research trials, be representative of the population whose traits the researchers would be trying to estimate/forecast/etc?

This is necessary for setting actuarially sound rates in the health care industry, your base population must be representative of the population that you are calculating rates for, or else the risk associated with insuring the target population is inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

And all these years I thought I was nearsighted due to excessive masturbation when younger...

LMAO.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

I have a theory that seriously myopic individuals are more likely to be introverted.
    I've thought similarly. There's a certain convenient link between nearsightedness and a tight personal bubble.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

My first guess:

First Born = Extrovert

Middle Children = Introverts and Extroverts (Middle children are often peacemakers)

Youngest Child = Extrovert (Life of the party, bringer of good times, all the world is a stage...)
    From what I understand, first borns tend to be less outgoing where the younger ones are more sociable.

Its certainly the case in my family. I'm a first born and a somewhat shy and retiring introvert (INFP) and my younger sister is more of a confident, outgoing party girl (Probably a ESFJ).

MBTI
    fool

My first guess:

First Born = Extrovert

Regardless of type, I think younger children may get to develop in a more "what I want I want it now" atmosphere whereas older ones have to learn how to share, compromise and adapt. It could modify the younger one's behaviour to a certain direction (more ego-centric and therefore seemingly more comfortable completing their own will and speaking it out loud) and probably to a less to be bothered with the spotlight attitude.

MBTI
    infp

My first guess:

First Born = Extrovert

That's how it is with my kids, and the second 2 actually fit aswell when you think about the fact that the middle child often gets overlooked (I) and the youngest gets showered with more babyish affection for alot longer. (E)

I'm not so sure about the eldest, I can see E or I developing, because usually the eldest has a slight pressure to be a better role model and loses their place as a child pretty quickly.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    Regardless of type, I think younger children may get to develop in a more "what I want I want it now" atmosphere whereas older ones have to learn how to share, compromise and adapt. It could modify the younger one's behaviour to a certain direction (more ego-centric and therefore seemingly more comfortable completing their own will and speaking it out loud) and probably to a less to be bothered with the spotlight attitude.
    ^^ I see this in my children as well as myself and my brother to varying degrees.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.