User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lineon vs. Mudd

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I feel like that would make things a lot easier if I had it as an option. But I haven't made or kept any friends who I could ask... so I'm kind of SOL there.
    Your mother, future employers, neighbours, bus drivers on the route, some guy selling a cheap bike so you can get yourself independently mobile...

Some of that's a long shot, but if it works, it'll suit your style, yeah? Creating community.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Well, Mudd sort of does, in that every idea Lineon puts forth gets hit with a bunch of "what-if"s. It's just that the futures Mudd generates are rationalizations. There has to be a line, though. Where the fear of inaction becomes more powerful than the fear of action. If there were some way Lineon could turn Mudd's pessimism back onto Mudd's own arguments, you might be able to reach that point.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

I'm not really sure how you'd go about that, though. The way I handled it is risky - which would be to completely cut yourself off from your own money, making getting a job something completely unavoidable. It's not exactly a long-term solution for taking action though.
    I've actually been considering that. All it would take would be placing myself in a situation where I couldn't "come back" to my base, and the only way through was forward or straight to the bottom, starving to death in the street. I'm concerned about how risky that could be, though, considering my inexperience in life. I might end up having to do something like that, though.