• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Indigo Children

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
I'd had people describe me in ways similar to what i'd heard about indigo
before. I saw something that looked like an aura around me in a photogr-
aph like the blue was kind of off to the side and right around me was kind
of turqouiser looking because of how the sun hit. only time i've ever seen
an aura in my life. i'm kind of glad i don't typically see them because that
would kind of take the fun out of getting to know people seeing their aura
and being able to look up what it meant.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some people see those as easy as you can see colour in the world, so they do know yours...;)

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
"Some people see those as easy as you can see colour in the world, so they do know yours..."
Amargith, is there something you would like to tell us...

Ooh, I should start a new thread on something...

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
that was an interesting special they had about that on tv one time it makes
you feel like its more normal than it seems for some people to have exceedi-
ngly good memories to retain information and details and all that. I don't al-
ways get imagaes or dreams and that kind of stuff as frequently these days
since I've been busier and had so much in my mind and have been learning so
many other things its kind of pushed those out of my mind somewhat but so-
metimes before things get crazy and rushed I will have this lingering feeling
that something is off-kilter but its nothing you can put your finger on because
everything seems calm at the moment then a few days later something comes
up and you think 'gee I knew how things had been going seemed too smooth
to be true'. I didn't start to think anything of it until I was older like 'wait a
minute I'm a rational person that likes to read and look stuff up for fun and
I've always been level headed'.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Some people see those as easy as you can see colour in the world, so they do know yours..."
Amargith, is there something you would like to tell us...

Ooh, I should start a new thread on something...

No, not really...;)

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When I first read about Indigo/Crystal children I was shocked at much I did/still do fit the 'criteria' for them, but I haven't really looked up on it much since. It was just nice to know that somewhere out there, there were other children/adults that felt the same way that I did. (I always thought I was abnormal with the fantasy world thing)

Does anyone think that INFPs would be the most likely to be an indigo child than the others?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Sounds like a description of INFJ kids.

Still bs though.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
When I first read about Indigo/Crystal children I was shocked at much I did/still do fit the 'criteria' for them, but I haven't really looked up on it much since. It was just nice to know that somewhere out there, there were other children/adults that felt the same way that I did. (I always thought I was abnormal with the fantasy world thing)

Does anyone think that INFPs would be the most likely to be an indigo child than the others?

are you a child or an adult? there are adults claiming they are indigos now.

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm sixteen. I'm just wondering if the indigo labeling was actually just an answer to many INFP children being born at once. Could have been.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'm sixteen. I'm just wondering if the indigo labeling was actually just an answer to many INFP children being born at once. Could have been.

so what's your mission or vision?

Soar337

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Still trying to figure that out, much like everyone.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I am going to bump this topic. It seems that many who responded to this have not read the book, The Indigo Children, by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober. There are 12 pages of contributor's biographies with some coming from religion/faith and others coming from mainstream science, psychology & medicine.

I have been investigating my own observations in this area for the past 16 years and it is what has drawn me to typology, quantum physics, educational psychology and more. Unfortunately, Wiki definitions can be terse and are there by the kind contribution of whoever chose to take the time to key them in.

They by no means contain the full story but, like much of the history we learned as a child, contain a person's perspetive of the definition. Like many people each observing an event from different angles and perspectives, each will see something different.

I am surprised that it has taken until our generations to question the standard historical perspective that Columbus discovered America! I would have thought that the Inuit who crossed the Aleutian land bridge did that thousands of years ago, yet we still adhered to the myth of Columbus when in fact he was perceived as being the first white man from Europe to discover America in relatively recent times. Even that is in question now as well.

With the many newer people on TC since this thread was first started, I would be interested to "hear" from those who have actually read the book, and are prepared to answer questions and posit thoughts respectfully, with an open mind.

KDude

I think I've experienced some things that might qualify for the label. I don't know. I remember one time just zoning out on my front porch.. It was like I slipped into some state where I was just taking everything around me in: sounds, sights, pleasant thoughts.. then my mind swelled for a second, like I was hearing nothing but one huge, pounding, oscillating force.. and all of the sudden, I felt something slightly sharp on my hand.. which actually ruined the zoned-out-ness and jolted me out. But it was a wild sparrow, and she just stood there on my hand, which wouldn't be common for these birds or my neighborhood. Then it really registered to me what was going on and I freaked and shook her off. :laugh:

It happened another time, but this time, in front of people.. where a few friends were just talking outside, and I just sort of "left" the conversation for a second, experienced the same noise.. and suddenly, a sparrow swooped from the tree above us and landed on me again. It made a noise this time. The people there looked at me like "Huh?" I wonder if St. Francis was permanently in this state or something. It's said that animals followed him around and birds would land on him all of the time.

Another time it happened, it had nothing to do with animals. My friend was driving me home, and I closed my eyes to relax, and slipped again.. and I heard something he was saying about another friend, but it was in my head somehow. Then my eyes opened, and I looked at him, and he was just calmly driving. Moments later though he said a variation of what I heard already, and my eyes bulged. I freaked, but tried not to show it. It was like I was catching him preparing his thoughts for a moment. I know I wasn't hearing him say something twice outloud.. the first had a completely different audible quality to it.

Oh well.. Probably sounds stupid or crazy. There's more than that too, but I don't actually feel secure talking about it. There was a time when I started mentioning different things (which I won't get into), and my parents had me hospitalized for a while. I was diagnosed schizo-affective (and doctors have since changed that and just diagnose me depressive now. To be honest though, it's only because I was smart enough to play off any experiences to do with perception. Secondly, I've gone out of my way to try to be more grounded or what have you.. and these stranger experiences don't manifest like they once did. I think I've been scared into telling myself to work on being "normal".. I feel like a failed "indigo child", if anything. By that I mean, I understand skeptics, and they've gotten to me somewhat.)

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think I've experienced some things that might qualify for the label. I don't know. I remember one time just zoning out on my front porch.. It was like I slipped into some state where I was just taking everything around me in: sounds, sights, pleasant thoughts.. then my mind swelled for a second, like I was hearing nothing but one huge, pounding, oscillating force.. and all of the sudden, I felt something slightly sharp on my hand.. which actually ruined the zoned-out-ness and jolted me out. But it was a wild sparrow, and she just stood there on my hand, which wouldn't be common for these birds or my neighborhood. Then it really registered to me what was going on and I freaked and shook her off. :laugh:

It happened another time, but this time, in front of people.. where a few friends were just talking outside, and I just sort of "left" the conversation for a second, experienced the same noise.. and suddenly, a sparrow swooped from the tree above us and landed on me again. It made a noise this time. The people there looked at me like "Huh?" I wonder if St. Francis was permanently in this state or something. It's said that animals followed him around and birds would land on him all of the time.

Another time it happened, it had nothing to do with animals. My friend was driving me home, and I closed my eyes to relax, and slipped again.. and I heard something he was saying about another friend, but it was in my head somehow. Then my eyes opened, and I looked at him, and he was just calmly driving. Moments later though he said a variation of what I heard already, and my eyes bulged. I freaked, but tried not to show it. It was like I was catching him preparing his thoughts for a moment. I know I wasn't hearing him say something twice outloud.. the first had a completely different audible quality to it.

Oh well.. Probably sounds stupid or crazy. There's more than that too, but I don't actually feel secure talking about it. There was a time when I started mentioning different things (which I won't get into), and my parents had me hospitalized for a while. I was diagnosed schizo-affective (and doctors have since changed that and just diagnose me depressive now. To be honest though, it's only because I was smart enough to play off any experiences to do with perception. Secondly, I've gone out of my way to try to be more grounded or what have you.. and these stranger experiences don't manifest like they once did. I think I've been scared into telling myself to work on being "normal".. I feel like a failed "indigo child", if anything. By that I mean, I understand skeptics, and they've gotten to me somewhat.)

If you've not read the book I suggest that you do. There is vastly more to this than the experiences you detail. Your experiences may or may not be encountered by an Indigo, but would not be peculiar to an Indigo. :hug:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am going to bump this topic. It seems that many who responded to this have not read the book, The Indigo Children, by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober. There are 12 pages of contributor's biographies with some coming from religion/faith and others coming from mainstream science, psychology & medicine.

I have been investigating my own observations in this area for the past 16 years and it is what has drawn me to typology, quantum physics, educational psychology and more. Unfortunately, Wiki definitions can be terse and are there by the kind contribution of whoever chose to take the time to key them in.

They by no means contain the full story but, like much of the history we learned as a child, contain a person's perspetive of the definition. Like many people each observing an event from different angles and perspectives, each will see something different.

I am surprised that it has taken until our generations to question the standard historical perspective that Columbus discovered America! I would have thought that the Inuit who crossed the Aleutian land bridge did that thousands of years ago, yet we still adhered to the myth of Columbus when in fact he was perceived as being the first white man from Europe to discover America in relatively recent times. Even that is in question now as well.

With the many newer people on TC since this thread was first started, I would be interested to "hear" from those who have actually read the book, and are prepared to answer questions and posit thoughts respectfully, with an open mind.

I believe that I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have read that book, and it made me want to vomit. Reasons for that were explained earlier.

Fwiw, if you take the "aura color" test of either Pamela Oslie, or of Barbara Bowers, I come out strongly Indigo. I've had psychics/clairvoyants tell me I am Indigo. I practice yoga, Buddhism, and take reincarnation very seriously. Books on Indigo children still make me want to vomit though. I really liked the section on Indigo's in Barbara Bowers book though, and in Oslie's later book(s), when she got off of the "all these children are psychic and have telepathic conversations with each other and see spirits and talk to dead people" stuff she started out with.

If you want to ask me any questions on the topic feel free to.

I kinda liked this site IndigoCrystalCoach™: Are you an Adult Indigo? Find out Here!
just found this one Indigo Adult Psychics
and this book Amazon.com: Indigo Adults: Forerunners of the New Civilization (9780595366927): Kabir Jaffe, Ritama Davidson: Books is the only book I've encountered on indigos that didn't make me want to vomit. Please note that at least one of the authors spent a long time [18 years apparently] in india practising yoga.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I believe that I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have read that book, and it made me want to vomit. Reasons for that were explained earlier.

Fwiw, if you take the "aura color" test of either Pamela Oslie, or of Barbara Bowers, I come out strongly Indigo. I've had psychics/clairvoyants tell me I am Indigo. I practice yoga, Buddhism, and take reincarnation very seriously. Books on Indigo children still make me want to vomit though. I really liked the section on Indigo's in Barbara Bowers book though, and in Oslie's later book(s), when she got off of the "all these children are psychic and have telepathic conversations with each other and see spirits and talk to dead people" stuff she started out with.

If you want to ask me any questions on the topic feel free to.

I kinda liked this site IndigoCrystalCoachâ„¢: Are you an Adult Indigo? Find out Here!
just found this one Indigo Adult Psychics
and this book Amazon.com: Indigo Adults: Forerunners of the New Civilization (9780595366927): Kabir Jaffe, Ritama Davidson: Books is the only book I've encountered on indigos that didn't make me want to vomit. Please note that at least one of the authors spent a long time [18 years apparently] in india practising yoga.

I didn't feel nausea (maybe that is NF rather than NT - always interested to read of the response of others), but I felt that while there were some kernels of truth, it was not the whole truth, and some of the descriptions were speculative, and related to dysfunction, rather than wholesome traits.

Likewise with the site you had just discovered. I find the list there contains as much dysfunction and that the author is trying to attribute that dysfunction to Indigos.

I feel we need to weed out the elements that may cause dysfunction - food, environment and peel back the skin to see what is left.

In my reading on aptitude there is definitely something I am seeing consistently across typology, aptitude, learning styles, quantum physics and genetics that seems connected across all of these areas, again disguised by other factors and perceptions, not the least of which is the attribution of dysfunction wheich may be caused by a number of factors.

In teaching, and amongst colleagues, I am seeing a growing awareness and consciousness, almost like the ripples a stone causes in a pond. Thank you for the link to the book you were least affected (as in throwing up). I read a couple of the pages and this too feels like it is part of the ripple effect but *feels* more right than the others I have read. It is on my to buy booklist. :yes:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This Indigo Children theory is an evil scheme promoted by the New Age Movement to trick eccentric kids and their parents into thinking they possess powers far beyond our current level of evolution and phase of development, and that with these so called supernatural abilities one could connect with the divine from on high.

The divine from on high are in actuality masquerading masterminds gone mad beyond imagining, as they plan to enslave the masses within this prison matrix of pain and suffering we are cursed to inhabit, which of course real benevolent beings would never allow to come to pass.