User Tag List

First 234

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't know what a Canon is besides a brand of printer, but I'll try looking in the hearts of those who love truth and beauty. Thanks.
    The Western Canon by Harold Bloom is a good book to read. Interesting.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What!
    Yeah alright, enough with the sarcasm already, very impressive, sir.

I just meant that the way you were painting it, seemed like you were saying that any behaviour that stemmed primarily from wanting to have a laugh or talk about sex, was "low culture".

I guess I was kinda testing you out to see whether the lines in your head between the two were particularly arbitrary... what makes something one thing or the other to you? How is Frasier Crane's witty quip about the genitalia any different from or superior to Snoop's references to oral sex, for example?

I guess I'm very wary of what seems to me like placing different cultures and subcultures on a hierarchy of worthiness and judging their members according to this hierarchy, quite often based on highly subjective personal tastes that are used to dismiss entire communities.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    When you refer to the "point of creation," do you speak of your intent or mine?
    yours. why would i refer to myself when the topic is about the creation of the thread?
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I guess I was kinda testing you out to see whether the lines in your head between the two were particularly arbitrary... what makes something one thing or the other to you? How is Frasier Crane's witty quip about the genitalia any different from or superior to Snoop's references to oral sex, for example?

I guess I'm very wary of what seems to me like placing different cultures and subcultures on a hierarchy of worthiness and judging their members according to this hierarchy, quite often based on highly subjective personal tastes that are used to dismiss entire communities.
    I think this is a very good question.

And of course taste is subjective.

Yet over long periods of time worthiness becomes apparent.

And worthiness is hierarchical as some things are more worthy than others.

And as I don't believe in cultural relativism, I see some communities are more worthy than others.

Of course I hasten to add that each individual is worthy of all the human right enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Senior Member The Grand Chameleon's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    yours. why would i refer to myself when the topic is about the creation of the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i see no point in the creation of this one other than to rant.
    I was confused regarding whether or not you felt the point of creating this thread was for you to rant. But there's no need for you to clarify anymore as our "back and forth" is irrelevant to the post, and such dialogue isn't useful to me.

Again, back to the original topic, it is safe to say you believe this is normal male behavior?
    "In the game of chess, you can never let your opponent see your pieces."

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Chameleon View Post
    I would like to make the disclaimer that I make no propaganda against homosexuals with this thread. I only seek to understand why some people would do as explained in the following:

Some straight acquaintances I personally know enjoy "mooning" one another so much so that they did it for an hour while camping in the middle of nowhere. Keep in mind these are all males. I may understand the humor in a single mooning with clever timing, but for an entire hour? They find humor in acting like such towards one another all the time. They have sent pictures of their own genitalia to one another to incite a laugh. I fear one day the "playful bickering" will escalate up to anal sex, with the recipient shouting, "oh man, you got me good!"

I inquired about it once. One of them explained, "Well, if you were comfortable with your sexuality you wouldn't mind."

I then responded, "I am comfortable, which is why I don't feel the need to verify/validate like you do."

Where does this come from? Why do (seemingly) straight males act this way towards one another?
    Eh, not my cup of tea.

MBTI
    entp

its outlandish...made popular by tv and associated with partying and in-the-moment living...elicits a diverse set of reactions from people

in about 6 months or 6 years they will be like duuuuude...we were so fucked back then and delete all memorabilia pertaining to

MBTI
    YaYa

TGC, I know what you are saying.

Short, infrequent displays of cock, ass, or BALLZ is normal hetrosexual behavior; done it myself plenty. But a sustained long lasting display of goodies implies something else.

I don't think they are gay or exhibiting gay tendancies. I think it is probably something deeper related to the way they were raised and their family culture. Something is off and they don't know where certain boundaries lie; the point at which something isn't funny anymore. One might call it a personality defect.

Just my 2 cents and dime store psychology.