User Tag List

1231151101 Last

Default MBTI Type and I.Q.

Is there any significant correlation? On average, who is the smartest type? For that matter, how do all the types rank? I've done some Google research, and all I've really found are two articles on it. Ironically, these two seem to suggest that Feeling and Intuitive types have higher I.Q.s. I find this kind of strange because I would imagine that Sensing and Thinking would make one smarter rather than going by one's emotions. Strange...

MBTI
    INFP

I would have thought iNtuitives with Thinking would have the highest IQ (not that IQ is the be all and end all of a person).

Still if the articles says that I am the smartest of the smart, I can go with that too.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

In terms of IQ, I always think it is isn't what a person has, but how much they make use of what they have and how.
    Likes Betty Blue liked this post

Oh yeesh. I never really even connected that. As you all will soon be learning (from hearing me talk so much about him), my husband is an INFP, and I must say, he is - in his own way - one of the smartest people I have ever met. Other than the math, I dare say he may even be smarter than I am.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    In terms of IQ, I always think it is isn't what a person has, but how much they make use of what they have and how.
    I was just thinking the same thing, someone can have a high IQ and it mean nothing because they do nothing with it, whereas someone with a lower IQ could achieve so much more because they actually act on whatever intelligence they have.

IQ does not really = intelligence.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by RansomedbyFire View Post
    Oh yeesh. I never really even connected that. As you all will soon be learning (from hearing me talk so much about him), my husband is an INFP, and I must say, he is - in his own way - one of the smartest people I have ever met. Other than the math, I dare say he may even be smarter than I am.

Math =

Yes, I have a really hard time with math too.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yes, I have a really hard time with math too.
    Is it an INFP thing? I think, from what I've seen and heard so far, you guys tend to be writers more than anything, but he's also one of those types that actually pays attention to, and remembers, alot of facts, mostly cultural, historical, and trivial, but not number-oriented.

MBTI
    INFP

That sounds about right, I can remember alot of things, but don;t ask me to tell you the dates associated with them, or any number related facts.

Is it an INFP thing? I think, from what I've seen and heard so far, you guys tend to be writers more than anything, but he's also one of those types that actually pays attention to, and remembers, alot of facts, mostly cultural, historical, and trivial, but not number-oriented.
    I am not sure. There were some people on INFP Global who seemed to have an easier time with math and seemed to have college majors or work in math type fields. It did not seem to be the majority but it was there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: